How does the GOP explain Kansas???

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened under Herr Bush's reign?

It's a wonder these palookas manage to peddle that swill to their masses. Just goes to show how Republicans really DO fall in line.

*SMH*

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Every time Republicans are in control it's a total disaster.

Hmmm.... really?

These Are The Best And Worst US States For Small Business - Business Insider

economist-small-business-map.jpg

You are going by Article "Title" and a very limited map. The article doesn't even define small business. And check out this quote:

A gourmet-food-truck fad began in Los Angeles with $2 Korean tacos in 2008, and has thrived because the city is flexible about where such trucks can park.

The map shows California as being terrible but uses California as a "good example"?

that has more to do with the city of LA's ordinances....not the state.....California is not a very business friendly State.....sure some businesses do well out here....but it isnt because of the State,it has more to do with the Cities and the people who cater to the businesses.....all in all California because of taxes and regulations have driven many businesses out of here.....especially smaller ones.....

...and worse happens when Ds are in control, but you can't see that due to your crazy partisan beliefs.

Both parties suck and both are responsible for the terrible state of our nation.

All this partisan dogma is merely a smoke screen and it dupes millions.

Indeed. I give you Kalifornia...........

Oh yeah, California, where the Democrats entered in 2013 with a deficit and increased taxes on the rich and are now in surplus
Actually....if the truth be known, Cal. isn't running a surplus, they are just using fuzzy math. They arent counting the cost of the public pensions which is 6 billion dollars.
Weird, huh? Because if a business tried the same thing they would be busted for fraud.

Brownback comes into the governor's seat in 2011 and the state of Kansas has a budget "surplus" doing relatively well during the global recession.

During this time Kansas had 2 democratic governors with a Republican Legislature. The state enacted a number of spending cuts and also a small tax increase, the result was the surplus.

Brownback comes in and gives rich people a tax cut from 6.5% to 4.9% on state income tax for the highest bracket of earners, and entirely removes state income taxes for businesses. He also eliminates the mortgage interest deductions entirely, something that benefits the middle class hugely.

So then obviously after the huge tax cuts you have to cut spending, so Brownback cuts education spending tremendously.

Okay, so rich people have more money and public schools are in shambles...BUT!!! this is "Trickle down" economics in work!! The job growth is gonna SURGE ahead and create so much government revenue they'll have an even bigger surplus right??? Cause that's the miracle of Reaganomics right???

Not quite...

Kansas's job growth during Brownback's cuts has lagged well below the rest of the country, 37th out of 50 to be exact, and it's been over two years since the cuts were enacted. Also the budget has gone into deficit with a $700 million shortfall. Moody's has cut the Kansas credit rating if you need further proof. Nothing is showing this is going to turn around anytime soon.

Brownback is trailing a democratic challenger for his election 2014 now, with 5 different polls showing Davis (D) in the lead.

So how does the GOP explain this failure of the Amazing Trickle Down Miracle? How can they possibly sell their economics with examples like this?

Jayhawks are pecker faces.

This story is pretty much Kansas.

Johnson County Kansas is a very good place to live. It has good schools and the school funding is always a hot topic issue.

Abortion is too.

The place is loaded with so-called moderate republicans whose main job is to piss off conservatives.

In the early 2000's the mods were making gains. Then the conservatives organized and kicked their asses. By the time it was over, there were no mods left in Johnson County Senate seats and only four or five in the the house. They were essentially wiped out.

Like they always do, they hook up with the dems and that is what you have here.....

GOP Moderates in Kansas Endorse Democrat for Governor

In my estimation, Kansas has always been less than business friendly. The sales tax in Johnson County is now at about 9%. School funding has property taxes pretty steep too.

That was true before Brownback.

Oh yeah, California, where the Democrats entered in 2013 with a deficit and increased taxes on the rich and are now in surplus
Actually....if the truth be known, Cal. isn't running a surplus, they are just using fuzzy math. They arent counting the cost of the public pensions which is 6 billion dollars.
Weird, huh? Because if a business tried the same thing they would be busted for fraud.

Indeed. These clowns can paint a turd yellow and call it a banana but that doesn't make it so.

I don't know of anyone that buys into their bull......

Last edited:
This story is pretty much Kansas.

Johnson County Kansas is a very good place to live. It has good schools and the school funding is always a hot topic issue.

Abortion is too.

The place is loaded with so-called moderate republicans whose main job is to piss off conservatives.

In the early 2000's the mods were making gains. Then the conservatives organized and kicked their asses. By the time it was over, there were no mods left in Johnson County Senate seats and only four or five in the the house. They were essentially wiped out.

Like they always do, they hook up with the dems and that is what you have here.....

GOP Moderates in Kansas Endorse Democrat for Governor

In my estimation, Kansas has always been less than business friendly. The sales tax in Johnson County is now at about 9%. School funding has property taxes pretty steep too.

That was true before Brownback.

I lived in Johnson County (Olathe) for nearly 25 years. Great place to live. Like I said earlier, I saw Olathe go from corn fields to a boom in just a few years. Garmin located there, as did many other companies. Outstanding place to raise a family.

As far as taxes - I have no problem whatsoever with taxes and government spending that benefits the populace. Johnson County is a prime example of how it should be done CORRECTLY.

Topeka on the other hand............ :cuckoo:

On the other side of the coin - lies Denver. I was out there last week and had the displeasure of driving on their roads. Holy shit. They have a by-pass (E-470) that is taxpayer built and costs nearly 30.00 dollars to ride on from point (a) to point (b). It's either that, or endure 2 hour commutes around that liberal run city. What a mess.

When contrasted with Kansas (and a small section of Missouri) the bypass around KC is a pleasure too drive and costs nothing. 90 miles of no traffic.

Say what you want about taxes. However, there is the "liberal" method of spending tax dollars and there is the "conservative" of doing things the RIGHT way. I now live in Montana and love it. However, if I were to ever re=locate again - it would be back to Kansas.

Every time Republicans are in control it's a total disaster.

...and worse happens when Ds are in control, but you can't see that due to your crazy partisan beliefs.

Both parties suck and both are responsible for the terrible state of our nation.

Another retard.

California Balances Its Budget: How Progressives Balanced the Books | New Republic

Another retard.

California Balances Its Budget: How Progressives Balanced the Books | New Republic

Yes, you are a retard who believes everything your masters tell you. Here's the California debt clock. Looks like a pretty massive debt to me. Wonder how you couldn't figure that simple thing out....oh...yeah...you're a simpleton....

State of California Debt Clock

You've got to be kidding me. Either that, or you just hoped I wouldn't click and read the article! :lol:

This refers to very specific things states are being judged on, like licensing.

Some make no sense. Celeste Kelly, a horse lover, began offering horse massage, a subject she had studied privately, in 2006; she charges $55 per session. In 2012 the Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board ordered her to "cease and desist" or face heavy fines and possible criminal charges. According to the Institute for Justice (IJ), a libertarian law firm which is suing the board on her behalf, Arizona does not require vets to learn massage, and Ms Kelly may offer it for free; she simply can’t charge for it unless she’s a vet. "Veterinarians I know think it’s ridiculous," she complains. "It’s their political arm that has crafted legislation to be self-protective."

State licensing regimes vary widely. Louisiana requires licenses for 70% of low-wage occupations, according to IJ, including barber, bartender and cosmetologist. In Wyoming, it is a more modest 24%. In Hawaii, licenses require an average of 724 days of experience and education; in Pennsylvania, 113. Enforcement is uneven, too.

Last I looked, Louisiana was Red and Arizona was as Red as they come.

So this has more to do with stupid local and state laws, rather than some Red-Blue contest.

Agree? Or will you take the wingnut route?

That is easy for him, don't challenge him it's embarrassing...

His Saul Alinsky bullshit is getting old.....
You can't even describe what Alinsky did, dope.

And you certainly can't describe why it's bad.

I challenge you.

"Rules for Radicals". That tells me everything I need to know about that communist piece of gutter trash. Now, run along little "radical". I've blown your bullshit out of the water. Run off to your basement a lick your wounds.

You are a shit talker. However, you tried a bridge too far and chose a topic that I am an EXPERT at - Kansas. Now, off with you.

Brownback is a deranged religious teabagger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WooB2RjnQ]Kansas Gov Sam Brownback Fulfills Promise To Destroy Kansas - YouTube[/ame]

Well, there was this tornado...and a dog...and then the wicked witch Sebelius had monkeys flying out her butt, and then the corn was harvested to make ethanol.

That pretty much covers the whole story.

Well, there was this tornado...and a dog...and then the wicked witch Sebelius had monkeys flying out her butt, and then the corn was harvested to make ethanol.

That pretty much covers the whole story.

Like I said earlier, when Sebelius left Washington after screwing the pooch on that dumbass website - the good folks of Kansas asked her NOT to come back......

as far as the people of Kansas were concerned, they threw a party:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back