How does "Science Fiction" predict future Technologies?

Speaking as a former SCIFI addict, one who started reading it back in the late 50s?

We are ALREADY living out the fantastic FUTURE so often described in the books of my youth.

I own a computer and can communicate (for free!) with people the world over?

I run an international corporation with people who I will never personally meet?

Yeah, such things were science fiction for me as as boy.

I've already seem more technogical and social changes to my world than my Great Grandma Blitz (1857 - 1957) underwent and I've lived less than 2/3rds as long as she.

The rate of change has accelerated so much in the last 60 years its not such a wonder we're all slightly mad.

In most cases, Science Fiction writers follow the innovations of new technologies and use it to create futuristic scenarios. In the 60's, Star Treck, showed cell phone type devices as well as flat screen technology. Technologies like 3D Printing, Laser Technology, GMOs, drones, humanoids, and autonomous robots.

The Resistance Report: How does "Science Fiction" predict future Technologies?

Most of us are indirectly connected to the Web or Matrix most of the day. I spend 80% of my time awake in the matrix.

How about Harry Potter's invisibility cloak?!?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSgWG6CNc3w]Invisible Cloak for Soldiers Now A Reality - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back