How does envy and hate towards "rich" people..

Nobody who is worth alot of money can relate to those in the hard working middle class. I dont care how you spin it, they cant. Try as you may, it shall fall on deaf ears. Goes for both parties. If two rich guys were in a truck stuck in the woods and I came by, well I'd drive by. Not my fellow americans.

"If two rich guys were in a truck stuck in the woods and I came by, well I'd drive by. Not my fellow americans (sic)."

How about if two of those rich guys were you doctors, and you were ill....how about they just drive by....?

1. "If the Occupy Wall Street protests are aiming to take down the "1 percent" of Americans who control the increasingly largest chunk of our nation's wealth, perhaps they need to redirect their efforts to somewhere other than Wall Street.

2. According to Nicole Lapin of CNN, financial services professionals make up just 14 percent of that top 1 percent of wage earners. Their average salary of $311,000 per year, while quite gaudy, falls just below the threshold needed to break into the highest-earning subset.

3. The biggest single group of professionals in the top one percent is actually doctors, who make up 16 percent of that subset.

4. Executives and managers outside of finance make up 31% of the total, but Lapin didn't break them down by industry.

5. David Carr of The New York Times would also like to offer up his bosses as targets for the mass uprising, pointing out in his column today that media executives are some of the worst offenders when it comes to CEOs who reap multi-million dollar bonuses and golden parachutes by slashing budgets and laying off rank-and-file workers. Go ahead and add them to the list.

6. So those who want to direct their anger at the winners in the income inequality sweepstakes might want to look beyond the lower of half of Manhattan. There's plenty of other folks closer to home that you might want to have a word with. Where Does the Top 1% Really Work? - National - The Atlantic Wire

7. Lawyers make up 9 percent. The 1 Percent Are Not All Wall Streeters?But Lots of Them Are Bosses - Business - GOOD

8. To get into the “top 1%” of Americans you don’t need to be a billionaire or millionaire or half-millionaire. The minimum wage earners in that group make about $343k/year….The “top 1%” of wage earners earn 17% of the nation’s income. Nicole Lapin, Who the Heck Are the "Top 1%"?!!

No, I get it politicalchic. Really I do, I was being slightly sarcastic.

I'm in the upper middle class area myself. I get thought of for a raise quarterly, about 50% of the time I come away at the end of a year making a buck or two more an hour then when the year started. That's about a $200 a month raise per year ... I don't know if thats average or not (I'm not one of the more 'motivated' employees) ... But I do know that those on welfare do not get those raises every year ... Therefor, I am pulling away from the poor of the country ... They may get a 'cost of living increase' every other year or some such, but by working, I get pay and advancement increases more regularly

Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

How does wanting to end the Bush Tax cuts and treat the capital gains as income equal envy and hate?

Which tax brackets received the largest percentage change? who got the biggest breaks??

Bet you have know idea,or own a home.

Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

They have penis envy too.

"ow about if two of those rich guys were you doctors, and you were ill....how about they just drive by....?"

I dont care what they do. If they were doctors, they wouldnt be able to find their way deep into the woods where I go anyway. But we do need more doctors, alot more. I might push their vehicle in the brush farther though.

"ow about if two of those rich guys were you doctors, and you were ill....how about they just drive by....?"

I dont care what they do. If they were doctors, they wouldnt be able to find their way deep into the woods where I go anyway. But we do need more doctors, alot more. I might push their vehicle in the brush farther though.

I've been hunting with my Doc on quite a few occasions.

Sorry you have such bad taste in doctors.
:eusa_shhh:

That pretty much sums it up one of the best lines I have heard on this came from Dennis Miller during the 2004 election when John Kerry was doing his class warfare stuff. The miller line was and this not a exact quote if Kerry has such a problem with rich people why did he marry one referring to his wife Teresa Heinz who was estimated to be worth 750 million in 2004.

This country is quickly becoming a plutocracy and only those who blindly use patriotism as a disguise will deny it. Slowly but surely middle class workers are having their rugs pulled out from under them and neither party is innocent. My kids have zero to look forward to no matter who is elected. This has been rightly instilled in them by me.

Middle class is doing just fine....

And yet, here is median household income (at 50% boundary):
1979: 44,481
2010: 49,445, or 11% increase

... and poorest household of the top 5%
1979: 124,540
2010: 180,810, or 45% increase

http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p60-239.pdf

As you can see, the incomes grew much faster at the top, resulting in rising inequality. And virtually all rise in per capita incomes for the past 30 years went to the richest households.

Last edited:

Since you made up a ridiculous question, you have permission to make up a ridiculous answer. Go for it!

That pretty much sums it up one of the best lines I have heard on this came from Dennis Miller during the 2004 election when John Kerry was doing his class warfare stuff. The miller line was and this not a exact quote if Kerry has such a problem with rich people why did he marry one referring to his wife Teresa Heinz who was estimated to be worth 750 million in 2004.
:clap2:
People have a problem with Romney because he will be Obama's challenger in the fall...I think some of the "outrage" about his money is simply phony....:lol::)

People have a problem with Romney because he will be Obama's challenger in the fall...I think some of the "outrage" about his money is simply phony....:lol::)

And Obama will try to make the case of Romney being out of touch...as Obama has never held a job in the private sector in his life. Romney has.

And Obama will try to make the case of Romney being out of touch...as Obama has never held a job in the private sector in his life. Romney has.

Sounds to me like Romney knows more about the real world.....:)

Since you made up a ridiculous question, you have permission to make up a ridiculous answer. Go for it!

potkettleblack.gif

:lol:

:cuckoo:

No, I get it politicalchic. Really I do, I was being slightly sarcastic.

I'm in the upper middle class area myself. I get thought of for a raise quarterly, about 50% of the time I come away at the end of a year making a buck or two more an hour then when the year started. That's about a $200 a month raise per year ... I don't know if thats average or not (I'm not one of the more 'motivated' employees) ... But I do know that those on welfare do not get those raises every year ... Therefor, I am pulling away from the poor of the country ... They may get a 'cost of living increase' every other year or some such, but by working, I get pay and advancement increases more regularly

Perhaps I can make you feel a bit better about " those on welfare [that] do not get those raises every year ... "

1. The 'Poverty Level' is a made up stat. It does not tell you about the conditions that are implied by the word 'poor.'

a. "The average "poor" person, as defined by the government, has a living standard far higher than the public imagines."
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

2. And when reading the propaganda about poverty incomes, realize that they leave out the income transfers from various government programs: benefits are substantial and the recipients pay nothing. Those in the bottom 20% of income recipients receive over 70% of their income in such transfers. Now, why doesn’t the Old Left Media tell this?

a. In 2001 cash and in-kind transfers accounted for77.8%of said recipients’ income. How fair is it for the Left to tell you that their income is actually 22.2% of what it actually is? Reynolds, “Income and Wealth,” p. 28

b. This tends to explain how Americans living below the poverty level spend $1.75 for every $1 of income. The Myth of Widespread American Poverty

3. Example: A family of four with an income of $44,700 is at the Poverty Line per: government figures
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/eligibility/Documents/FPL Chart for PE.pdf

b. But that amount represents only 22.2% of their actual income (look at 2a above) since it does not count transfers such as housing, food stamps, etc.

c. Do the math: total income is the equivalent of an income of $201,351.35 if they had to purchase all of the items in the transfers.

And Americans with far lower earned incomes are paying for that.

Forum List

Back