how does Bill Maher still have a job?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I'm watching his show on HBO, and it's the same train-wreck formula as Politically Incorrect: two opposing intellectuals who argue for a while, a comedian who throws in an off-the-cuff comment that sounds like he's been working on for weeks, and to top it all off, Maher sitting on his hill of smugness, watching over it all.

The show sucks. And his standup sucks, too. I tried to watch his standup special and he has a bit where... wait for it..... he reads rap songs that he's edited to sound smarter! "That female has a fortuitous posterior!" Comedy gold!

The guy must be AMAZING at schmoozing behind the scenes, cause he doesn't have the talent or the on-screen personality to deserve to still have a show.

Everyone I know, liberal and conservative, dislikes him. I don't get it.

I don't get it either,Dan. I can't stand him so bad that I have to turn him off when I see him. I'm embarrased for him when I watch him. He is extremely Liberal(IMO) to the point where he acts almost brainwashed. Awful and not entertaining in anything he does.

It's not even the liberalness that bothers me. It's just the smugness. I was watching him interview someone earlier, and he asked them what the democratic party needed to do to put a president in office next term. The guy answers and Maher goes "actually, that's not the answer I was looking for..." and answers his own question for about five minutes. Why have guests if you're just going to tell them what to think, Bill?

Dan said:
It's not even the liberalness that bothers me. It's just the smugness. I was watching him interview someone earlier, and he asked them what the democratic party needed to do to put a president in office next term. The guy answers and Maher goes "actually, that's not the answer I was looking for..." and answers his own question for about five minutes. Why have guests if you're just going to tell them what to think, Bill?

yes....a comedian...a ultra crappy one at that....has the answers to the dems path to the whitehouse.....he is a crappy comedian ffs....he doesn't know shit much less politics

hes never been funny. the only part thats funny is he'll tell some lame crap and there there is an awkward silence before people give him sypmpathy laughs.

Forum List

Back