How do you reconcile these two remarks....

Molehill
A6BB0507-5D2D-42AB-BC7A-100EA795A089.jpeg

Mountain
17DED638-322E-4CE0-B4E8-B3DB07422DF9.jpeg

Definition of witch hunt for English Language Learners
  • : the act of unfairly looking for and punishing people who are accused of having opinions that are believed to be dangerous or evil

• : the act of unfairly looking for and punishing people who are accused of having opinions that are believed to be dangerous or evil

Have you heard Hannity now forgot Cohen was his attorney. Liar liar pants on fire!!

Have you heard Hannity now forgot Cohen was his attorney. Liar liar pants on fire!!

you got a citation?-----as far as I recall, Hannity said that he discussed things with
Cohen but never RETAINED him-------I have discussed things with LOTS of
lawyers--------without retaining them and therefore they are not "my lawyers"

Okay, so there is attorney-client privilege without a doubt. Therefore, a warrant would be needed and there would need to be sufficient evidence of him committing some type of crime in order to obtain said warrant to obtain any paperwork the attorney may have on this client. Just because you don't like him or because you think he is a liar, is not reason enough to violate his rights as a citizen of this country, thankfully.

1. Michael Cohen's lawyers averred in court that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's clients.
  2. Sean Hannity asserts that he was not at all Cohen's client.
    Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
    -- Sean Hannity

Hannity: Cohen has never represented me - CNN Video
What is attorney-client privilege?
Hanpatty has a bridge in Brooklyn he wants to sell.

Oh, I just now heard about this which apparently originates from a satire site. This is why people have rights in this country. To protect us from people like you who cannot separate your personal feelings and be fair and logical. You are a knee jerk person who operates strictly on an emotional basis without putting any thought into your silliness. A complete LACK of critical thinking skills is what you demonstrate.

Okay, so there is attorney-client privilege without a doubt. Therefore, a warrant would be needed and there would need to be sufficient evidence of him committing some type of crime in order to obtain said warrant to obtain any paperwork the attorney may have on this client. Just because you don't like him or because you think he is a liar, is not reason enough to violate his rights as a citizen of this country, thankfully.
Generally, for an attorney client relationship to be asserted for privileged communication, the attorney and client have to have a written agreement, ie a contract. It appears Hannity and Cohen didn't have that.

BUT given that we know Hannity communicates directly with Trump on what will Trump's policy be, it would be interesting to know what the two guys were chattering about. It's a weird deal. Generally Presidents are able to seek out advice from citizens without the media being able to find out precisely what was discussed. I think most of us agree that presidents need to be free to get advice from as wide a group of citizens as possible. But here you have the MEDIA giving the president advise, and then reporting on the wisdom of the policy. I don't recall that ever happening before. And it's wrong.

Weirdly is sort of the reverse of what Scooter Libby did to Judith Miller. Scooter leaked a scoop to Miller, and Miller didn't know it came from Scooter, so Miller then called Scooter to confirm the leak. And that was the end of Judith Miller having a career outside of Fox and Newsmax

As far as I'm aware, retaining a lawyer for legal services or asking for legal advice is not a crime here in the US. So, if you have some evidence that Hannity committed some crime, then by all means do share!

"I don't like him" or "I don't agree with his views" is not a crime.

Generally, for an attorney client relationship to be asserted for privileged communication, the attorney and client have to have a written agreement, ie a contract. It appears Hannity and Cohen didn't have that.

BUT given that we know Hannity communicates directly with Trump on what will Trump's policy be, it would be interesting to know what the two guys were chattering about. It's a weird deal. Generally Presidents are able to seek out advice from citizens without the media being able to find out precisely what was discussed. I think most of us agree that presidents need to be free to get advice from as wide a group of citizens as possible. But here you have the MEDIA giving the president advise, and then reporting on the wisdom of the policy. I don't recall that ever happening before. And it's wrong.

Weirdly is sort of the reverse of what Scooter Libby did to Judith Miller. Scooter leaked a scoop to Miller, and Miller didn't know it came from Scooter, so Miller then called Scooter to confirm the leak. And that was the end of Judith Miller having a career outside of Fox and Newsmax

No you do not need a written contract. If I call for a free legal consultation or legal advice over the phone, there is an expectation of privacy and that would fall under the law. Any time I speak with a lawyer about a legal issue in his professional authority as a legal expert, then he is automatically under contract.

As far as I'm aware, retaining a lawyer for legal services or asking for legal advice is not a crime here in the US. So, if you have some evidence that Hannity committed some crime, then by all means do share!

Who alleged Hannity committed a crime? The only issue is that whatever Hanpatty and Cohen talked about is NOT privileged communication.

Who alleged Hannity committed a crime? The only issue is that whatever Hanpatty and Cohen talked about is NOT privileged communication.

If he asked his advice in his professional capacity with a reasonable expectation for privacy, then it does.

Oh, I just now heard about this which apparently originates from a satire site. This is why people have rights in this country. To protect us from people like you who cannot separate your personal feelings and be fair and logical. You are a knee jerk person who operates strictly on an emotional basis without putting any thought into your silliness. A complete LACK of critical thinking skills is what you demonstrate.

That is true, but I believe Hannity to be a liar.

That is true, but I believe Hannity to be a liar.

I'm sure plenty of people here feel that way about you as well. Does that mean you are guilty of something?

No you do not need a written contract. If I call for a free legal consultation or legal advice over the phone, there is an expectation of privacy and that would fall under the law. Any time I speak with a lawyer about a legal issue in his professional authority as a legal expert, then he is automatically under contract.
If you're relying of free legal advice over the phone, you're a fool. LOL

You are right that it's possible to establish a lawyer client relationship without a written contract. But it must be a mutual agreement that you want, and the lawyer is giving you, advice that you may make financial and "life changing" (-: decisions over. Hanpatty said he and Cohen didn't have that.

You are right that it's possible to establish a lawyer client relationship without a written contract. But it must be a mutual agreement that you want, and the lawyer is giving you, advice that you may make financial and "life changing" (-: decisions over. Hanpatty said he and Cohen didn't have that.

Plenty of lawyers do free consultations. That does not mean they are not under attorney-client privilege about the things discussed.

"the lawyer is giving you, advice that you may make financial and "life changing" (-: decisions over. Hanpatty said he and Cohen didn't have that."

Well in that case, I guess it is nothing that you need to be so concerned over, huh?

Plenty of lawyers do free consultations. That does not mean they are not under attorney-client privilege about the things discussed.

I did pro bono. Frankly Chris, I don't know what pole is up your ass over this, nor do I much care. But it is all OT

I don't think that determination is up to you.

Forum List

Back