> How Do You Feel About Voting Against All Incumbents?

I agree, term limits, zero earmarks, zero lobbyists. They have to sign an oath that they will come out of office with the same net worth they entered office.

Politicians are incapable of keeping oaths.

Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Member's of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.

According to the Congressional Research Service, 413 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service as of Oct. 1, 2006. Of this number, 290 had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of $60,972. A total of 123 Members had retired with service under both CSRS and FERS or with service under FERS only. Their average annual pension was $35,952 in 2006.

If a President has a term limit, and is one branch of the government, then I don't see why term limits cannot be imposed on members of Congress. People often complain that nothing ever gets done in Washington then when it comes time to vote they pull the lever simply because it has a D or an R next to it and turns out the person has been in congress for 30 years and they wonder why nothing ever changes?

Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Member's of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.

According to the Congressional Research Service, 413 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service as of Oct. 1, 2006. Of this number, 290 had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of $60,972. A total of 123 Members had retired with service under both CSRS and FERS or with service under FERS only. Their average annual pension was $35,952 in 2006.

If a President has a term limit, and is one branch of the government, then I don't see why term limits cannot be imposed on members of Congress. People often complain that nothing ever gets done in Washington then when it comes time to vote they pull the lever simply because it has a D or an R next to it and turns out the person has been in congress for 30 years and they wonder why nothing ever changes?

Interesting package, considering in terms of real productivity - making a good or providing a service - they don't really do anything.

-Joe

That works if you goal is to unseat the Democrats in control since their majority is tenuous at best with a 49/49 split and 2 independents who caucus with the dems.

I've said before I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea.... a Republican Congress and Democratic President is what worked so well from 93-2001 and there's no reason to think it wouldn't work again just as well.

how about we start with a party change in the white house and work our way down :)

I'm in favor of terms limits too... I think the elections is what prompted the Republicans to bail out on the bail out... they listened to the people calling saying don't vote for it...in spite of the fact that most of those people haven't a fucking real clue what is actually going on. Sometimes the people don't know what's best for the entire country.

A partisan response.

The proposal is to get rid of all of them and replace all of them with people with brains. Party is irrelevant.

My partisan response to yours: y'all need to apply this idea to your Presidential candidate and actually get a real one.

Interesting package, considering in terms of real productivity - making a good or providing a service - they don't really do anything.

-Joe

So if my read on this is correct anyone in House can get elected for 3 terms, let's say he is age 45 when elected and decides that after the third term he wants to go back to XYZ Law Office he can do so and at age 50 draw a pension from the gov. and health benefits as well?

A partisan response.

The proposal is to get rid of all of them and replace all of them with people with brains. Party is irrelevant.

My partisan response to yours: y'all need to apply this idea to your Presidential candidate and actually get a real one.

Thats part of where Im coming from. How can we as a people show Washington were no longer going to put up with their bi-partisan bickering and need candidates with some real substance. Both red and blue know they can get away with old world politics because they have and are. They divide the people and size as much power as they can.

So if my read on this is correct anyone in House can get elected for 3 terms, let's say he is age 45 when elected and decides that after the third term he wants to go back to XYZ Law Office he can do so and at age 50 draw a pension from the gov. and health benefits as well?

How did we end up with such a large number of 'greedy bastard' public servants?

A better question is how do we take the 'extreme profitability' out of public service? Shit, Bill Clinton went straight from public service into the realm of the super-rich. Coincidence? I know he didn't take his hundreds of millions from the treasury, but someone obviously 'owed' him something when he left office... Why?

Another question is why do we pay Carter, Bush Sr, Clinton, and soon Bush Jr $400,000 per year plus health care and other benefits? None of these guys needs it exactly...

We must look so stupid from space...

-Joe

How did we end up with such a large number of 'greedy bastard' public servants?

A better question is how do we take the 'extreme profitability' out of public service? Shit, Bill Clinton went straight from public service into the realm of the super-rich. Coincidence? I know he didn't take his hundreds of millions from the treasury, but someone obviously 'owed' him something when he left office... Why?

Another question is why do we pay Carter, Bush Sr, Clinton, and soon Bush Jr $400,000 per year plus health care and other benefits? None of these guys needs it exactly...

We must look so stupid from space...

-Joe

Do you have any idea of what a former president gets paid for speaking? It's one of the reasons Bush said he was going to "refill the old coffers" when he left the presidency.

Other than Cheney, I don't think anyone profited specifically from policy.

Let's see if the American people have the balls to overthrow the government. Best way to do it is to quit paying your mortgages.

Be prepared to shoot the tools who come to throw you out of you homes then.

They WILL be armed, of course.

Then be prepared for the SWAT team that comes to kill you.

Think I'm kidding?

Read about what it was like the last DEPRESSION.

Many of those people living in HOOVERVILLES didn't go there willingly.

Great news. Just got word that ABC7(Chicago) and CLTV(Chicago land TV) producers are considering coverage!

This year I'm trying something new. I am not voting "for" anyone. I am voting against every shithead on the federal payroll.

It might not change anything but I'll be able to sleep better knowing that I did not vote for the same idiots who got us into this mess or those who will perpetuate the slaughter of liberty in this country.

I know i am being a cynical asshole, but I'm too tired to fight anymore.

Last edited:
This year I'm trying something new. I am not voting "for" anyone. I am voting against every shithead on the federal payroll.

It might not change anything but I'll be able to sleep better knowing that I did not vote for the same idiots who got us into this mess or those who will perpetuate the slaughter of liberty in this country.

Comon, this is your country, you can never be too tired to fight. Join us and make your vote count! PurgeTheSystem .com Tell everyone you know

Im curious to hear peoples opinions about a non-partisan movement to vote out all sitting Congressional leaders regardless of political party. I feel its time we raise the bar in Washington. Carer politicians are becoming way to powerful.

Then you would have 49% Democrats and 51% Republicans. Man up and pick a side.

And just because Congress in general has low approval ratings, doesn't mean my congressman is unpopular.

The most popular ones are the ones that bring home the bacon. So good luck on your little experiment.

The politicians, specifically the GOP, HATE voter turn out. They would rather you not show up.

If the numbers are low, the GOP always win. If the turn out is great, then the Democrats win. That's why they made black people in Florida wait 4 hours in line. Can you say, dis-in-fran-chize?

Then you would have 49% Democrats and 51% Republicans. Man up and pick a side.
Picking a side is the easy route. Going after Washington is an uphill battle. There all crooks and this is something the common folk can do to let Congress now that we wont tolerate it anymore. I also have an unconfirmed report that there was coverage on 720 Am(Chicago) in the news flash! This is real, this is happening and we need everyone's support! PurgeTheSystem .com

Forum List

Back