How Do We Fix The Police Problem?

There are bad priests, there are bad ministers, there are bad doctors, there are bad lawyers, there are too many bad politicians, there are bad judges, there are bad dads, there are bad moms, there are bad soldiers, there are bad teachers, there are bad administrators ---- but the vast majority in all those groups are good people trying hard to do well but who will no doubt error at times.

So which of all those do you want to do away with and overhaul?

Your condemnation of police in general is unwarranted. The vast media network and internet finds those aberrations and parades them around to incite anger and what have you. This is wrong. The police put their lives on the line every day and protect citizens from criminals and unsafe situations. You are doing them and this nation a disservice by focusing on the few who do wrong and ignore the many and far greater problems that are causing great harm to our society and our moral make up.

The police are the ones shooting and killing people daily, those other groups don't. Your argument is ludicrous and fallacious.

And whenever all the facts are known its almost always the police who are vindicated. If You guys cry wolf enough no one will believe you when the wolf arrives

People yell at the top of their lungs "there is a problem here" and you ignore it.

Then you get what you get and no crying about it. And cry wolf? This has been THE commanding meme in conservative heads since 9/11, 'the terrorists are cumun' to git' us'! Just go to your safe space cons with your blanky and go sleepy.

All you need do is post the number of unjustified police shootings this year and the argument, according to you, will be settled. When will you be forthcoming with that number?

Count them yourself, you fucking lazy rightist. Why should anyone have to spoonfeed you?

"protecting" And "serving"

I have and it will shame you to have to acknowledge that there are so very damned few that have been ruled as unjustified. You fools always pick the very worst of Black thugs to defend and fall on your asses time and again when your little champion is proven to be just a common thug.

Abolishing unions is big on the GOP to do list.

BullShit. When you say such silly things you make clear you are just a mindless, whiny shill.

really? the right has done nothing but try to undermine unions. or do you think the police union is exempt?

That's not what ABS said and not what I responded to.

BTW, "the right" haven't caused the American worker to abandon unions ... unions have. As with most bleeding-heart complaints, there is a failure to look in the mirror.

Something's gotta change here. This is getting absolutely out of control.

Better training? Body cams? Better psychological analysis? Should they screen for racist tendencies?

Cops sure do love killing people these days, and not just black people. Don't even get me started on Kelly Thomas.

You need to go back and watch more footage of both the recent shootings. The guy in Tulsa did not keep his arms up. As he reached the van, it looked like he was reaching in. You just don't do that shit when police tell you to keep your hands where they can see them. There is helicopter footage that clearly shows the guy.

In the other shooting, a black cop shot a guy who had a gun and refused to drop it.

The media is trying to make it look like a cop problem.

Do you think maybe there is a crime problem? Don't hear you asking what we should do about all the recent riots, attacks, murders, destruction and burning down neighborhoods.

The violence on the streets, that has nothing to do with police remains the most serious problem. What do you think we should do about all the violence in Chicago and other places? Gun control didn't do shit because they don't care about laws.

Cops sure do love killing people these days, and not just black people...
...The guy in Tulsa did not keep his arms up.. As he reached the van, it looked like he was reaching in. You just don't do that shit when police tell you to keep your hands where they can see them... In the other shooting, a black cop shot a guy who had a gun and refused to drop it... The media is trying to make it look like a cop problem... Do you think maybe there is a crime problem? Don't hear you asking what we should do about all the recent riots, attacks, murders, destruction and burning down neighborhoods.

The violence on the streets, that has nothing to do with police remains the most serious problem. What do you think we should do about all the violence in Chicago and other places? Gun control didn't do shit because they don't care about laws.

Do you really think any card-carrying loony lefty is capable of that level of rational thought?
Does SYTFE think maybe there is a crime (or criminal) problem? :lmao:

A Chester, PA woman whose toddler son was killed years ago in a random shooting asks, "are they just going to let us kill each other?" Of course, her BF (and the victim's dad) - believed by police to have been the target - refused to cooperate with the investigation. She believes the cops could have done more!

Really!

The victimization (and lack of responsibility) just never ends with some people.

How do we fix the police problem?

By staffing inner-city police beats with Black Officers only.

To eliminate concerns over racial prejudice.

Followed by a blanket Weapons-Free declaration in those patrol zones, in cases where suspects do not immediately obey police orders.

( after they are authorized to switch-off and stow their body cams, of course )

Given a police order?

Obey it? You live.

Disobey it? You pays your money and takes your chances.

Your choice.

And, it gets White officers off the hook.

They don't like going into those shit-holes, anyway.

The cops are shooting down black citizens for carrying guns in open carry states.

Stopping that would be a start.
When you are seen with a gun, or declare that you have a gun, and make moves that could be interpreted as reaching for that gun, Da Tubob gonna put a cap in yo azzz.

The cops are shooting down black citizens for carrying guns in open carry states.

No, idiot. The ones shot have been those who refused to put the gun down when told to or they refused to keep their hands up.

I'd also recommend that we knock off the hero worship bullshit. This adulation of police officers creates an invisible 'halo effect' over anyone in uniform, and this is part of the reason why police tend to get off Scott-Free after murders like this, where they get put on "paid administrative leave," only to join another force in another county a short time later.

If the thugs have become more brazen and dangerous, then why has violent crime been on the decline over the past decade or so?

Nobody could actually say for sure, but the decline is proportional with the increase of armed citizens and laws that protect them when using deadly force.

Before the RNC convention here in Cleveland, it was predicted to be a blood bath by many. Riots, stopped traffic, people getting pulled out of their cars and assaulted. None of that happened. In fact, quite the opposite.

While it's true many factors contributed to the peacefully assembly, one thing that helped greatly is that Ohio is a very gun friendly state. Our laws are written to favor us over the criminal. Here, breaking into our cars is the very same as breaking into our homes. We have the right to kill on the spot.

You'd be surprised at how much death can be a deterrent to crime.

I'd also recommend that we knock off the hero worship bullshit. This adulation of police officers creates an invisible 'halo effect' over anyone in uniform, and this is part of the reason why police tend to get off Scott-Free after murders like this, where they get put on "paid administrative leave," only to join another force in another county a short time later.

The problem with you liberals is that you don't understand our laws.

You can't prosecute anybody unless you have a crime to charge them with. You can't prosecute anybody because you don't like the turnout of a situation, how a person handled himself, or if a criminal was armed or not. It doesn't matter. What matters is if any laws were broken.

No. Knowing the gun laws would be a start.

When a police officer is anywhere nearby and you have a firearm, don't touch it, don't go near it, raise your hands if approached by a police officer. Don't give that officer any reason to believe that you are a threat to him.

If I'm armed and get pulled over by the police, our law is for me to keep both hands on top of the steering wheel until I inform the officer I'm armed. Then the officer will give me instructions as to what I have to do to insure his safety and mine.

She was charged but to me that means nothing. Let's wait for a thorough investigation. Until that investigation is complete, she is on paid leave and off the street. Best of both worlds.

Forum List

Back