How can we toughen or change the law to deter/prevent street fighting and assaults?

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
Brutal street knockouts (video) - what can be done to prevent these things from happening?

I am fortunate enough to have never been in a street fight, or get knocked out in the streets. But I have two friends who have been attacked on the streets. One of them was a friend named Jack who got into a minor car accident and the other guy had road rage and assaulted my friend and damaged his teeth and almost fractured his jaw.
I have had friends get attacked at music festivals, and I have witnessed many fights.

While I enjoy watching fighting in controlled environments (boxing ring, UFC sports etc), violence has no place in the open streets. Why? Because the average person does not even train or know how to fight, and all it takes is one deadly hit to kill someone or permanently disfigure them.

How can we prevent this from happening? Mandatory 10 year jail sentence? The current punishments are way too light, coward punch attackers getting out in a few years after fatally attacking strangers
b881416442z1_20180607180231_000grk14end42-0-uwf6gm6mdjq7i9kgeq2_ct300x225.jpg

I have been assaulted without cause several times. Praise God, the Lord was with me and I always walked away whole. The night 10 men chased me into a blind ally and attacked me with clubs was a horror story for my attackers. I was never armed.
All men really need is a healthy fear of God.

The thread title implies that the "law" would accomplish something, which is incorrect. Police have an average 15 minute response time, and "laws" serve only to "punish" the "guilty" individual or individuals, shifting the focus from making things right with the victim and onto "punishing" people who do something the government doesn't like. If every individual were armed, people would associate higher risk with infringing on their individual rights. If "laws" accomplished anything, murder would cease to exist, however, politician scribbles and thugs in blue can only do so much, and even when they DO things, it's usually throwing someone in jail for a victimless "crime", such as doing drugs, which roughly half of prisoners were kidnapped by the state's thugs for.

If you want people to stop being assaulted, then suggest owning firearms. You typically would only have to brandish it, but if that doesn't work, nobody is getting assaulted by the person attempting to assault you if you shoot them in the face.

Brutal street knockouts (video) - what can be done to prevent these things from happening?

I am fortunate enough to have never been in a street fight, or get knocked out in the streets. But I have two friends who have been attacked on the streets. One of them was a friend named Jack who got into a minor car accident and the other guy had road rage and assaulted my friend and damaged his teeth and almost fractured his jaw.
I have had friends get attacked at music festivals, and I have witnessed many fights.

While I enjoy watching fighting in controlled environments (boxing ring, UFC sports etc), violence has no place in the open streets. Why? Because the average person does not even train or know how to fight, and all it takes is one deadly hit to kill someone or permanently disfigure them.

How can we prevent this from happening? Mandatory 10 year jail sentence? The current punishments are way too light, coward punch attackers getting out in a few years after fatally attacking strangers
b881416442z1_20180607180231_000grk14end42-0-uwf6gm6mdjq7i9kgeq2_ct300x225.jpg
I’ll be sure to alert various House and Senate committees to investigate immediately and we’ll likely have a nice new big federal bureaucracy of thousands of new non-essential government stooges on the payroll in pursuit of a solution lickity-split.

Forum List

Back