Why do Republicans believe a “national voting day” would be a power grab?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Mitch McConnell says bill to make Election Day a federal holiday is a “power grab” by Democrats

I know why.

Because Republicans don’t do what’s good for the country or what the American people want.

So they want to stop people from voting, not have more people vote.

And Republicans talk about patriotism? When they want to keep people from voting?

Add in the voter suppression and the election fraud and all their other tricks and illegalities and you have the GOP, a shrinking party.

So who believes in expanding voter rights? Who believes that a national voting day would be a good idea? Who believes people should become registered to vote when they are born?

For all those Republicans out there who would suddenly say you’re so stupid you can’t vote as a baby. Registering doesn’t mean you have the right to vote, you would have to be 18.

I will agree to a national voting day if you will agree to voter ID/proof of citizenship, absentee ballots for military and the disabled ONLY, and no provisional ballots whatsoever.

As always, Deanie, you are an idiot.

No need for a "holiday" to vote; just do it on Sundays like most other Western Democracies.

And while "voter suppression" is a Leftist myth, what is NOT a myth is that Democrats always want to encourage the votes of people who are ignorant, uninformed, non-working/dependent on government, careless, and easily influenced. Not to mention people who are not legally in the United States or legally eligible to vote.

Any RATIONAL system of voting would limit the vote to those who (1) can demonstrate at least a rudimentary understanding of the issues, the candidates, and what's at stake, and (2) who pay at least a nominal amount in taxes to the government for which the election is held.

Which is why Leftists would faint at the mere prospect of any initiative to implement the foregoing reasonable and rational principles of voting.

I had a dream. You voted with a sheet attached to your Tax filing. Don't file? No vote. Married Joint? Two votes. Simple, quick, record exists. Done deal IMVHO.

• Banned
Wow! I posted a link that goes right back to Mitch McConnell.

The Republican Senate majority leader.

And yet here are the Republicans on the USMB calling me names when I post directly from one of their leaders.

It’s totally bizarre.

It’s like they’ve gone so insane and panic stricken and crazy they run around screaming denials from the words of their own leadership.

More and more it looks like the party of sick puppies.

• Banned
Working desperately to keep people from voting is what Americans do who are actually unAmerican.

Mitch McConnell says bill to make Election Day a federal holiday is a “power grab” by Democrats

I know why.

Because Republicans don’t do what’s good for the country or what the American people want.

And Republicans talk about patriotism? When they want to keep people from voting?

Add in the voter suppression and the election fraud and all their other tricks and illegalities and you have the GOP, a shrinking party.

So who believes in expanding voter rights? Who believes that a national voting day would be a good idea? Who believes people should become registered to vote when they are born?

For all those Republicans out there who would suddenly say you’re so stupid you can’t vote as a baby. Registering doesn’t mean you have the right to vote, you would have to be 18.

There is already early voting and absentee voting.

If Republicans were for this Election Day holiday you would be against it.

You’d say something like “having Election Day on a federal holiday is voter suppression because many voters would use the day to go on a trip or vacation away from home where the need to vote.”

I will agree to a national voting day if you will agree to voter ID/proof of citizenship, absentee ballots for military and the disabled ONLY, and no provisional ballots whatsoever.
I don't know about you, but I had to have proof of citizenship when I registered to vote. I then got a voters registration card in the mail. It had my name, address, and voting place on it. Then, when I go to vote, I give my name and verify my address and date of birth. They check me off both on the paper they have and on the computer they have.

i will agree to your list IF you agree to end the EC and just count the actual votes.....

i will agree to your list IF you agree to end the EC and just count the actual votes.....

You may end the Electoral system at your leisure, using constitutionally-mandated procedures.

Go for it.

I don't know about you, but I had to have proof of citizenship when I registered to vote. I then got a voters registration card in the mail. It had my name, address, and voting place on it. Then, when I go to vote, I give my name and verify my address and date of birth. They check me off both on the paper they have and on the computer they have.

I show photo ID AND my voter card.

I know why.

There is already early voting and absentee voting.

If Republicans were for this Election Day holiday you would be against it.

You’d say something like “having Election Day on a federal holiday is voter suppression because many voters would use the day to go on a trip or vacation away from home where the need to vote.”
Even some Republicans don't have cars or can't leave work.

Why not just mail everyone there ballots?

The truth is, Republicans don't want people to vote. Because they know most will vote Democrat.

I show photo ID AND my voter card.
Really?

All they ever asked me is my name and address.

.......:cuckoo:.......:cuckoo:.......:cuckoo:.......:cuckoo:.......:cuckoo:

IMG_0421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back