How can John Wayne be remembered without a gun???!!!???!!!

Should America's Artist Norman Rockwell Painted John Wayne with a gun

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Hell, I don't know!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
The Duke was tops at what he did but it was all imaginary. I prefer Jimmy Stewart who flew 20 combat missions. I like my heroes real and so many actors of that day had saw real action. So to me the gun isn't necessary to be reflective of the man.

1. no firearm in In Harm's Way
2. in a LOT of his movies he used his fists
3. he was in the pro-Vietnam movie The Green Berets--and Vietnam was not only unwinnable--it was wrong to be in, just like Syria
so--he's just a man--not a hero--not someone who made America great/etc
..not that i don't like his movies--I'm watching them now

Ok, ok. I thought he wasn't just an actor, but a real life hero. You've convinced me he was just an actor. Same as Tom Cruise? Still, Rockwell could've drew the gun better.

I found out Rockwell drew Wayne in 1973 (commissioned by National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Museum) and died in 1978. The painting sold for $1,496,000 in 2017.

Jackson Hole Art Auction: John Wayne

By his punch?

2193408-john_wayne_p21.jpg

The Duke was tops at what he did but it was all imaginary. I prefer Jimmy Stewart who flew 20 combat missions. I like my heroes real and so many actors of that day had saw real action. So to me the gun isn't necessary to be reflective of the man.

3. he was in the pro-Vietnam movie The Green Berets--and Vietnam was not only unwinnable--it was wrong to be in, just like Syria

Ok, ok. I thought he wasn't just an actor, but a real life hero. You've convinced me he was just an actor. Same as Tom Cruise? Still, Rockwell could've drew the gun better.

I found out Rockwell drew Wayne in 1973 (commissioned by National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Museum) and died in 1978. The painting sold for $1,496,000 in 2017.

he's NOT an actor??
Tom Cruise is probably a better actor also

he's NOT an actor??
Tom Cruise is probably a better actor also

You misread. Wayne was not a real life hero, but an actor. He was probably the most popular actor and maybe made the most money in his time. Tom Cruise is the most popular actor and one of the richest, if not the richest actor, of my generation. I won't say if he's a real life hero or not. I think he did some of his own stunts.

When I was a kid all the movie six-shooters held 40-50 rounds and when they were done shooting, they threw their pistol at the galoot. Other than Lash Larue that is....he cracked em with his bullwhip after which they threw up their hands and went on to become good citizens. :lol:

22dd648bb5804e7ca3f2cbbb95e014a0.jpg

You know the Wild West closed up shop around 1890 right?

But who doesn't like The Duke?

How about his horse? I think he had more affinity for his favorite horse that his gun/prop.

More on John Wayne...

"Despite years spent trying to tear him down by kicking a dead man, liberals hate Wayne for three basic reasons:

1: He pissed on political correctness.

2: He was unapologetically pro-American as well as vehemently anti-Communist.

3: Most of all, he was a man’s man.

In their epic tribute to the spirit of the American male, “The Big Damn Book Of Sheer Manliness”, The Von Hoffman brothers described him as:

Sure he was charming all to hell and a badass, but also respectful of authority. He was a patriot who hurt when something hurt the country, disgusted and angered by injustice, hypocrisy, gutlessness, the liberal media and being indirect.

Wayne’s film career spanned five decades during which he starred in classic westerns and war movies, winning a Best Actor Oscar for his unforgettable portrayal of U.S. Marshall Rooster Cogburn in the epic “True Grit”, a performance that even liberal-infested Hollywood had to acknowledge."

Pathetic Snowflakes TRIGGERED By 48 Year Old John Wayne Interview

They got an airport named after him in Cali. You can fly into it when you go to Disneyland. Snowflakes included.

Forum List

Back