You just might be a conservative if.....

Alvin

Dec 2, 2009
Dublin
As requested. Only some of them are mine....

You think HMO is a cable channel.
You support a waiting period for abortions but not for gun purchases.
You believe God is everywhere - except your motel room.
Liberal applies to the amount of scotch in your glass, and moderate to the water.
The only "gay" you support - is the Enola Gay.
You believe judges have become political activists - except for the Supreme Court.
You believe trial lawyers are evil except in the case of the 2000 election.
You think banks and the government should keep your private financial records for years but have no right to keep gun purchase data for more than 24 hours.
You think of reality TV as Fox News.
You think "proletariat" is a type of cheese.
You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two".
You've tried to argue that poverty could be abolished if people were just allowed to keep more of their minimum wage.
You've ever referred to someone as "my (insert racial or ethnic minority here) friend".
You've ever tried to prove Jesus was a capitalist and opposed to welfare.
You're a pro-lifer, but support the death penalty.
You think Huey Newton is a cookie.
You think the Theory of Evolution was a liberal propaganda.
The only union you support is the Baseball Players, because heck, they're richer than you.
You drive a Buick with all the chrome options and wired hubcaps.
You think you might remember laughing once as a kid.
You once broke loose at a party and removed your neck tie.
You call mall rent-a-cops "jack-booted thugs."
You've ever referred to the moral fiber of something.
You've ever uttered the phrase, "Why don't we just bomb the sons of bitches."
You've ever said, "I can't wait to get into business school."
You've ever called a secretary or waitress "Tootsie."
You don't think "The Simpsons" is all that funny, but you watch it because that Flanders fellow makes a lot of sense.
You fax the FBI a list of "Commies in my Neighborhood."
You don't let your kids watch Sesame Street because you accuse Bert and Ernie of "sexual deviance."
You scream "Dit-dit-ditto" while making love.
You've argued that art has a "moral foundation set in Western values."
When people say "Marx," you think "Groucho."
You've ever yelled, "Hey hippie, get a haircut."
You think Birkenstock was that radical rock concert in 1969.
You argue that you need 300 handguns, in case a bear ever attacks your home.
Vietnam makes a lot of sense to you.
You point to Hootie and the Blowfish as evidence of the end of racism in America.
You've ever said civil liberties, schmivil schmiberties.
You've ever said "Clean air? Looks clean to me."
You've ever called education a luxury.
You look down through a glass ceiling and chuckle.
You wonder if donations to the Pentagon are tax-deductible.
You came of age in the '60s and don't remember Bob Dylan.
You own a vehicle with an "Ollie North: American Hero" sticker.
You're afraid of the "liberal media."
You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, tradition dictates...."
You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, the Bible said...."
You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute to society."
You've ever urged someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, when they don't even have shoes.
You confuse Lenin with Lennon.
You can't wait till Jesus returns so he can resurect Ronald Regan.
You believe the amendments to the Constitution were written in order of importance. Except the first and second.
You believe the top rated Radio and TV personalities in the country are not "Mainstream".
You think "Obamination" "Obamalama-ding-dong" or some such is both witty, clever and original.
Ted Haggard isn't gay. He sinned.
You believe that 5 armed guys in a pickup in Texas are excercising their god given rights. 5 Guys in a pikup in Kandhar are a grave threat to America.
You want the government out of your life. - Except for Marraige, Reproduction, and End of life care.
You Believe the bible is the literal word of god. - Except for the sermon on the mount.
You believe in strict border controls, except for your gardner, your housekeepr, your nanny, the pool boy and the three guys that cleaned out your septic tank last week.
You believe that Hollywood never produced anything valid. - Except Ronald Regan, John Wayne, and Charlton Heston.

Speaking of the latter, now his hands are cold and dead......can we have his guns now?

As requested. Only some of them are mine....

You think HMO is a cable channel.
You support a waiting period for abortions but not for gun purchases.
You believe God is everywhere - except your motel room.
Liberal applies to the amount of scotch in your glass, and moderate to the water.
The only "gay" you support - is the Enola Gay.
You believe judges have become political activists - except for the Supreme Court.
You believe trial lawyers are evil except in the case of the 2000 election.
You think banks and the government should keep your private financial records for years but have no right to keep gun purchase data for more than 24 hours.
You think of reality TV as Fox News.
You think "proletariat" is a type of cheese.
You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two".
You've tried to argue that poverty could be abolished if people were just allowed to keep more of their minimum wage.
You've ever referred to someone as "my (insert racial or ethnic minority here) friend".
You've ever tried to prove Jesus was a capitalist and opposed to welfare.
You're a pro-lifer, but support the death penalty.
You think Huey Newton is a cookie.
You think the Theory of Evolution was a liberal propaganda.
The only union you support is the Baseball Players, because heck, they're richer than you.
You drive a Buick with all the chrome options and wired hubcaps.
You think you might remember laughing once as a kid.
You once broke loose at a party and removed your neck tie.
You call mall rent-a-cops "jack-booted thugs."
You've ever referred to the moral fiber of something.
You've ever uttered the phrase, "Why don't we just bomb the sons of bitches."
You've ever said, "I can't wait to get into business school."
You've ever called a secretary or waitress "Tootsie."
You don't think "The Simpsons" is all that funny, but you watch it because that Flanders fellow makes a lot of sense.
You fax the FBI a list of "Commies in my Neighborhood."
You don't let your kids watch Sesame Street because you accuse Bert and Ernie of "sexual deviance."
You scream "Dit-dit-ditto" while making love.
You've argued that art has a "moral foundation set in Western values."
When people say "Marx," you think "Groucho."
You've ever yelled, "Hey hippie, get a haircut."
You think Birkenstock was that radical rock concert in 1969.
You argue that you need 300 handguns, in case a bear ever attacks your home.
Vietnam makes a lot of sense to you.
You point to Hootie and the Blowfish as evidence of the end of racism in America.
You've ever said civil liberties, schmivil schmiberties.
You've ever said "Clean air? Looks clean to me."
You've ever called education a luxury.
You look down through a glass ceiling and chuckle.
You wonder if donations to the Pentagon are tax-deductible.
You came of age in the '60s and don't remember Bob Dylan.
You own a vehicle with an "Ollie North: American Hero" sticker.
You're afraid of the "liberal media."
You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, tradition dictates...."
You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, the Bible said...."
You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute to society."
You've ever urged someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, when they don't even have shoes.
You confuse Lenin with Lennon.
You can't wait till Jesus returns so he can resurect Ronald Regan.
You believe the amendments to the Constitution were written in order of importance. Except the first and second.
You believe the top rated Radio and TV personalities in the country are not "Mainstream".
You think "Obamination" "Obamalama-ding-dong" or some such is both witty, clever and original.
Ted Haggard isn't gay. He sinned.
You believe that 5 armed guys in a pickup in Texas are excercising their god given rights. 5 Guys in a pikup in Kandhar are a grave threat to America.
You want the government out of your life. - Except for Marraige, Reproduction, and End of life care.
You Believe the bible is the literal word of god. - Except for the sermon on the mount.
You believe in strict border controls, except for your gardner, your housekeepr, your nanny, the pool boy and the three guys that cleaned out your septic tank last week.
You believe that Hollywood never produced anything valid. - Except Ronald Regan, John Wayne, and Charlton Heston.

Speaking of the latter, now his hands are cold and dead......can we have his guns now?

'bout sums it up..:clap2::lol:

I'd add "it's all about me, me, me, me, me, me"

You might be a Liberal if you get so mad at being called one you steal someone else's idea and make a counter thread that's not nearly as well thought out nor as well researched.

You might be a Liberal if you get so mad at being called one you steal someone else's idea and make a counter thread that's not nearly as well thought out nor as well researched.

From the thread starter's second post.

I hope you all enjoyed it!

Merry Christmas to liberals and conservatives alike.

I am looking forward to someone posting a 'you may be a conservative if...' thread.

I stole nothing.
And I gave it 5 minutes of my time. I'm not that serious in making a point.

Seasons greetings.....

You might be a conservative if you sign a petition to ban marriage between Klingons and Romulans...

You might be a conservative if you sign a petition to ban marriage between Klingons and Romulans...

What about Vulcans and Romulans? Incest??? :eek:

I don't know...the Romulan Commander really had the hots for Spock in "The Enterprise Incident"

The_Enterprise_Incident_086.JPG

Thanks Alvin. good stuff

I have not read the OP's of both threads in full, but found some of the "if"s to be worth a good chuckle. I hope to have a moment later to read both in full.

Thanks to both for trying to bring a little bit of humor into the day.

Immie

Just humor... I actually thought some were pretty funny... particularly "You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two"."... as I have actually joked about that with my kids... and my oldest as an infant, actually had a one-sie that had "Daddy's little tax deduction" on the front... LOL

For the political junkies, please check out Hirschman's book noted below. It fits the right so well today, republicans too, and offers an explanation of a phenomenon that constantly amazes. It should be required reading.

[RP] Place yourself in a cave with a conservative and a liberal. One will argue that change is not possible, that leaving the cave will be dangerous, that raising crops is not possible and will ruin hunting; the other will say let's try it, I think it can work, this cave is dark and dingy, I like the sun, and we can do better. One can then extrapolate to any historic time and use our two people. Slavery - suffrage - equal rights - welfare - better working conditions - labor laws - minimum wage - social security, you name them and you know who will move forward and who will stand still. Albert Hirschman calls this reactionary tactic by three thesis tags: Perversity, futility, and jeopardy. Or 'it will make things worse, it won't work, or it will ruin existing structure.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rhetoric-Reaction-Perversity-Futility-Jeopardy/dp/067476868X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c]Amazon.com: The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy (9780674768680): Albert O. Hirschman: Books[/ame]

Partisans are all retarded tools of the republicrats

This thread is funny, but not in a way that makes anyone laugh, more like a Carrot Top type of funny.

Well done, Alvin, well done!

Just humor... I actually thought some were pretty funny... particularly "You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two"."... as I have actually joked about that with my kids... and my oldest as an infant, actually had a one-sie that had "Daddy's little tax deduction" on the front... LOL

I got that one-sie for my boy too.

Funny as hell.

Thanks for the humor, Alvin. If we can't laugh at ourselves, you're taking life way too serious.

Forum List

Back