CDZ How Benjamin Netanyahu Freed Me

The BIG question for US is: "How can you be an ally of both ISRAEL and SAUDIS at the SAME TIME???"

And the BIG question for ISRAEL is: "How can you hit ASSAD and expect ISIS to perish at the SAME TIME???"

Something is not right. Governments have a lot of going ons behind the doors. All we can do is to hope it is for our benefit. But this unfortunately proved to be hardly true most of the time....

The settlements are an issue, but they're just one of many. Obviously the Israelis need us a lot more than we need them, but we still need them.
really? How? How do we need the Israelis? Exactly.
To lay it out more explicitly their need is existential. Without us, they die. For us the need is more complex and less important. I never suggested that campaign contributions and propaganda weren't in the mix, just that there were other interests as well. You're talking about one of the few issues in the country with bi-partisan support. Not just on the establishment level, but on the grass roots level.

Up until recently, I had a history of backing Israel, right or wrong. I did so because they were America's friend and ally, or so I thought. Even when they were wrong, my criticisms of them were designed to shield them. No more. Benjamin Netanyahu freed me.
To be fair, much of the blame for the wrongs Israel commits belongs to decades of American administrations – both democratic and republican – allowing Israel to get away with doing wrong.

Indeed, Israel and her supporters in the United States have skillfully manipulated both official Washington and the American people into maintaining this 'relationship' with Israel – a relationship frankly of little benefit to the United States, and arguably in some ways detrimental.

And the centerpiece of this skillful manipulation is to accuse those who engage in appropriate, factual, accurate, and warranted criticism of Israel of being 'anti-Semites.'

Elvis Obama
To lay it out more explicitly their need is existential. Without us, they die. For us the need is more complex and less important.
Then lay it out. Complexity should not get in the way. Lay it out in a simplistic way if you can
Huh? Am I not being clear? There is broad bi-partisan support for Israel in the US. It's not just politicians who crave their money. Evangelicals and Neocons and Jewish liberals and probably the Rastafarians have their interests. The US is not free to play in the sand there. Interfering in Iraq was bad enough, the response to the kind of interference you're talking about would be overwhelming. It's not a serious solution or a serious outlook on the situation. There are two sides. Try to factor both of them into your calculations.

To be fair, much of the blame for the wrongs Israel commits belongs to decades of American administrations – both democratic and republican – allowing Israel to get away with doing wrong.

Indeed, Israel and her supporters in the United States have skillfully manipulated both official Washington and the American people into maintaining this 'relationship' with Israel – a relationship frankly of little benefit to the United States, and arguably in some ways detrimental.

And the centerpiece of this skillful manipulation is to accuse those who engage in appropriate, factual, accurate, and warranted criticism of Israel of being 'anti-Semites.'
To be honest America is not in charge of Israel and never has been. Israel has always been a sovereign nation that has charted her own course regardless. And that is as it should be.

America never ALLOWED Israel to do anything

Elvis Obama
Elvis Obama
To lay it out more explicitly their need is existential. Without us, they die. For us the need is more complex and less important.
Then lay it out. Complexity should not get in the way. Lay it out in a simplistic way if you can
Huh? Am I not being clear? There is broad bi-partisan support for Israel in the US. It's not just politicians who crave their money. Evangelicals and Neocons and Jewish liberals and probably the Rastafarians have their interests. The US is not free to play in the sand there. Interfering in Iraq was bad enough, the response to the kind of interference you're talking about would be overwhelming. It's not a serious solution or a serious outlook on the situation. There are two sides. Try to factor both of them into your calculations.

wtf?

the original post was: "really? How? How do we need the Israelis? Exactly."

so: How do we need the Israelis?

To be honest America is not in charge of Israel and never has been. Israel has always been a sovereign nation that has charted her own course regardless. And that is as it should be.

America never ALLOWED Israel to do anything

How old are you? 7?
Every time Israel kicked a$$ in defense the US stopped Israel from completely obliterating the enemy.

Elvis Obama
Elvis Obama

wtf?

the original post was: "really? How? How do we need the Israelis? Exactly."

so: How do we need the Israelis?
We need the Israelis as we need everything we want. We want them for a lot of reasons. A lot of different groups of us ("us" being US citizens) want them, for different reasons. If these kinds of groups are too small, or too poor, politicians just laugh. If they are large and wealthy, politicians jump. If you are asking for a cost/benefit analysis of our relationship with Israel, we do not need them economically. If you are talking about the endlessly amusing Israeli entertainers, we can live without them culturally too.

We want them. We like them. We hate what's around them. You want us to hate them. That's an uphill battle. Why do you want us to hate them? You can get people to hate what's around them at the snap of a finger. Hating Israel has a lot of international support, but not a lot of US support. We'd rather hate their neighbors.

I remember Carter and the gas lines. I remember our people held for 444 days due to this idiot. Iran's beginning as a primary State Sponsor of Terror began on his watch.

He can tout the Camp David Accords were a lasting Peace began with Israel and Egypt. Yet that deal was going down anyway as they had tired from several Wars.

Carter was the worst President until Obama Showed up.

Israel has the right to exist and a right to defend itself..........America hasn't turned it's back on them since the nation was created, and only get fucked with under Liberal Idiot Presidents........They are the only Nation over there we can trust..........the others not so much.

So I stand with Israel. Self Defense Needs No Explanation.
What is it we can trust Israel to do? Attack our ships and kill American sailors? The was the USS Liberty strike. Conduct large-scale, systematic espionage against our military? The spy we just let go, Mr. Pollard, was credited by the CIA of doing more damage to our national security than any other single agent from any country, including the old USSR. How about using the five million dollars a day we pay the Israeli military? Well, no Jewish solder has ever suffered so much as a hangnail defending American interests. No Israeli participated in the Iraq-Afghanistan struggle although a dozen NATO nations did. Their PM was over here politicking to sabotage America's foreign policy with Iran in violation of tradition and protocol. Are these the sort of things you trust Israel over? Or is it something else?

I remember Carter and the gas lines. I remember our people held for 444 days due to this idiot. Iran's beginning as a primary State Sponsor of Terror began on his watch.

He can tout the Camp David Accords were a lasting Peace began with Israel and Egypt. Yet that deal was going down anyway as they had tired from several Wars.

Israel has the right to exist and a right to defend itself..........America hasn't turned it's back on them since the nation was created, and only get fucked with under Liberal Idiot Presidents........They are the only Nation over there we can trust..........the others not so much.

What is it we can trust Israel to do? Attack our ships and kill American sailors? The was the USS Liberty strike. Conduct large-scale, systematic espionage against our military? The spy we just let go, Mr. Pollard, was credited by the CIA of doing more damage to our national security than any other single agent from any country, including the old USSR. How about using the five million dollars a day we pay the Israeli military? Well, no Jewish solder has ever suffered so much as a hangnail defending American interests. No Israeli participated in the Iraq-Afghanistan struggle although a dozen NATO nations did. Their PM was over here politicking to sabotage America's foreign policy with Iran in violation of tradition and protocol. Are these the sort of things you trust Israel over? Or is it something else?

Look up Casper Weinberger.

Some explanation might be helpful as the Palestinians also claim self-defense in their struggle against the Israelis. With both sides claiming to own the territory over which both are asserting the right of self defense, surely the question of title to the land has dispositive relevance. Who owns Gaza? Who owns the West Bank? Who owns Jerusalem? Who owns the Bekka Valley? By what legal right are these titles asserted? Has there been a ruling by the prevailing legal authority? Who is that authority anyway?

I am curious to know what answer someone who thinks Israel's claim of self defense needs no explanation would give to these questions which go to the very heart of the matter. Thanks

Some explanation might be helpful as the Palestinians also claim self-defense in their struggle against the Israelis. With both sides claiming to own the territory over which both are asserting the right of self defense, surely the question of title to the land has dispositive relevance. Who owns Gaza? Who owns the West Bank? Who owns Jerusalem? Who owns the Bekka Valley? By what legal right are these titles asserted? Has there been a ruling by the prevailing legal authority? Who is that authority anyway?

I am curious to know what answer someone who thinks Israel's claim of self defense needs no explanation would give to these questions which go to the very heart of the matter. Thanks

The fact that there are "Palestinians" demonstrates how well Israel treats those which with they have a conflict.

The fact that there are "Palestinians" demonstrates how well Israel treats those which with they have a conflict.
The last time Israel had a conflict it was with "Romans" back in 70 CE.

It is a great mistake to think that Israel is in conflict only with "Palestinians," a relatively small group of well-educated and pro-
Western Arab Muslim. The Palestinian group is the hero of some four hundred million Arabs and the favorite of a billion Muslims around the world.

The Palestinian cause has the overwhelming support of the United Nations. The United States has recognized that the West Bank settlements are illegal. The USA has never recognized the seizure of all of Jerusalem and the Bekka Valley either.

Likud believes it can just keep shooting until the world gives up and recognizes its illegal land grab. It ain't never gonna happen because the rest of the world has too much invested in the UN to let a few million Zionists reduce ti the old League of Nations.

Forum List

Back