How bad would the next attack have to be?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by SpidermanTuba, Sep 14, 2006.

1. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    How bad would the next attack have to be for you to be OK with the Congress suspending the Constitution and granting all sovereign authority to the President, until at such time the President deems it in our best interest to return that authority to the people?

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Why? Are you just trying to see how much trouble you can get away with?

3. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    First, there is NO LEVEL of terror, that would cause THAT to happen.

What you must understand, this country allows ALL points of views, ALL types of religion, clubs, groups, thinking, opinions, sexual expression, you name it, you can do it here.

Some see that as weakness, I see it as a strength.

So, ask your completly asinine questions, I know why you do it, but rest assured, America, and its beliefs will prevail.

Second, the terrorist have reached their peak of power, and are being systematically eliminated around the world. They CAN'T launch another attack against US.:coffee3:

4. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    According to you liberals, it already happened.:mm:

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    The constitution hasn't been suspended but it looks like your intelligence may have been.

Spidey hows about some actual factual debate? I know you can do it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    I really doubt anyoen is planning to grant all sovereign authority to the President any time soon. Of course, this does contradict your previous assertion that President Bush already was a dictator.

7. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    When I see Tuba calling the US a dictatorship I feel the same feeling of frustration and lack of hope in the human ability to think rationally that I feel when I see the super patriotic american clowns of the USMB calling Israel a democratic state.

8. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I think the real question is: how bad would the next attack be for this country to commit to a real war on terror. By real, I mean an Israel-style requirement that all men and women serve in the military for at least two years, closing our borders, ceasing OPEC oil imports, major strikes on Iran and Syria (including nuclear, if the terrorist attack was nuke, chemical, or bio in nature), stop complaining about "water boarding" and other techniques on captured terrorists, stop whining about Gitmo and wire taps on foreigners, and shouting down B. Streisand and Fat Mike Moore when they speak?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Perhaps you could expalin how Israel is not a democracy.

10. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Ok glock

You can search all around the world and you won't find a single democratic state surrounded by hundreds of refugee camps inhabited by millions of individuals prevented from returning to their place of origin due to their ethnicity (arabs).

You won't find a single democratic state where the entire land is owned by the state in order to prevent members of a given ethnicity (arabs) to buy and sell it freely.

You won't find a single democratic state in the world where there is no civil marriage as measure implemented specifically to prevent mixed marriages between the "official" (jews) and the "unofficial" ethnicity (arabs).

Modern democratic states are not “owned” by any ethnic group, they respect the rights of all ethnic groups that have a historical presence on the territory comprised by the state.

Without this basic feature shared by all liberal democracies around the world, you can’t even think of calling a country a modern democratic state.

Now, you can "justify" the existence of Israel as a jewish racial dictatorship, you can present a series of arguments stating that Israel must continue to exist as such, but you simply can't deny the fact that Israel is a jewish racial dictatorship.

Any political scientist who denies the fact that Israel is a jewish racial dictatorship is intellectually dishonest.