How Bad Are the Charges Against Trump University? Really Bad-----YIKES!!!!

R

rdean

How Bad Are the Trump University Allegations? Really Bad.

How many major-party Presidential front-runners have faced trial on “financial elder abuse” charges as they rolled toward the nomination?

Bernard Madoff and Allen Stanford demonstrate, victims of con artists often sing the praises of their victimizers until the moment they realize they have been fleeced.”

In May 2005 the New York Education Department notified Trump U that it was operating without a license and its use of the term “university” violated state law

Close to 6,000 students eventually bought into the three-day seminar. There students were urged to raise their credit card limits and to fill out financial statements, according to the plaintiffs. These steps would facilitate their later real-estate deals, they were allegedly told. But the plaintiffs contend that both steps were really taken in anticipation of the next sales pitch, which arrived on the second day of the seminar.

Seminar leaders pressed students to buy a “year-long mentorship” called the Trump Elite Gold program, which cost—brace yourself— $34,995.

One named class representative alleges she spent $60,000 in all, counting all the Trump products and services she purchased—even after ponying up for the Gold Elite program—and all the credit cards fees, expenses, and penalties she ended up paying.

Los Angeles Times reporter David Lazarus, who took a seminar and then wrote about it in December 2007. By phone, Trump personally advised him a few days later that his story was “inaccurate” and “libelous,” Lazarus wrote in a followup, but refused to say in what respect. He’d provide details “in court,” he told Lazarus, where he’d be suing the reporter’s “ass” off.

And when Trump’s Presidential campaign found out that a political action committee was running TV ads featuring former students of Trump university, the Trump Organization’s lawyer reportedly sent a cease-and-desist letter threatening to sue the PAC (albeit the wrong PAC).

A Presidential nominee on trial for civil fraud could be yuuuuge come August.

Yikes!!!! This is the party that yelled out "let him die" at the GOP debates in Las Vegas just 4 years ago. Of course, to Republicans, so what. they don't care if old people are scammed. But to the rest of the nation, it's a big deal. And Trump, win or lose, will still have to go to court.

From the National Trial Lawyers:

Students Charge Donald Trump with Racketeering in “University” Scheme

Two class action racketeering lawsuits and a lawsuit by the New York Attorney General have been filed against Donald Trump for swindling student-victims out of upwards of $35,000 each through their enrollment in his fictitious institution, Trump University.

Mail and wire fraud are the racketeering activity referenced in the class action suit. The elements required to be proven by the plaintiff are as follows:

• That Trump had a scheme to defraud.
  • That Trump acted with the intent to defraud.
  • That the statements or facts made or omitted were material misrepresentations capable of influencing the plaintiffs to part with their money or property.
  • That Trump used mails or wires in furtherance of the scheme.
Both class action cases, Cohen v. Trump and Makaeff v. Trump University, LLC, are still pending. The case against Trump for his illegal use of “university” is The People of The State of New York v. The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, LLC.

----------------------------------------

Remember, the Hillary conspiracies are a thing of the past. After the FBI announces it has nothing, it's over. It will be all about Trump and nothing but Trump from here to the election. Veterans and mom and pop and grandma and grandpa screwed over by Donald Trump. And even though Republicans laugh at such things, the rest of America won't be laughing. And neither will the courts. I suspect it will be Trump victims that will get the last laugh.

trump-12784435_1058106024241361_1629458791_n.jpg

98% of all students gave the course excellent marks..... Now search and see how many REGULAR COLLEGES are sued for the same supposed shit.....I can wait, or shall this also bring crickets?
Idiot child. If you had read the article, you would have read this part:

Notwithstanding the emphasis Trump places on his satisfaction surveys, they hardly form an air-tight defense. They were not anonymous, to start with—they were filled out in front of the instructors themselves—and were executed during or immediately upon completion of the seminars, the plaintiffs say, before the students knew whether the company’s promises of continued support would be borne out.

A federal appeals court hearing a preliminary dispute in the case in April 2013 explained then why a jury might easily choose to disregard such surveys: “As the recent Ponzi-scheme scandals involving onetime financial luminaries like Bernard Madoff and Allen Stanford demonstrate, victims of con artists often sing the praises of their victimizers until the moment they realize they have been fleeced.”

And now, you just look stupid.

Funny, when ignorant right wingers post links, I read them to make sure they say what right wingers claim. Many times they don't. Seems they only read the title.

98% of all students gave the course excellent marks..... Now search and see how many REGULAR COLLEGES are sued for the same supposed shit.....I can wait, or shall this also bring crickets?
You said: Now search and see how many REGULAR COLLEGES are sued for the same supposed shit....

So I did.

And what I found out:

First, Trump University isn't a University and never was. Calling itself a university is part of the law suit. But that's not the funny part.

The funny part is that schools for profit have been sued because of high pressure tactics to get money from students. Like, guess who? Trump!

Notwithstanding the emphasis Trump places on his satisfaction surveys, they hardly form an air-tight defense. They were not anonymous, to start with—they were filled out in front of the instructors themselves—and were executed during or immediately upon completion of the seminars, the plaintiffs say, before the students knew whether the company’s promises of continued support would be borne out.

A federal appeals court hearing a preliminary dispute in the case in April 2013 explained then why a jury might easily choose to disregard such surveys: “As the recent Ponzi-scheme scandals involving onetime financial luminaries like Bernard Madoff and Allen Stanford demonstrate, victims of con artists often sing the praises of their victimizers until the moment they realize they have been fleeced.”

Funny, when ignorant right wingers post links, I read them to make sure they say what right wingers claim. Many times they don't. Seems they only read the title.

OPINION, even YOU have a fucked up one! BTW, scumbag, Trump could have easily SETTLED this OUT OF COURT, but has a FIRM and FAST RULE that people that sue him will have to PAY their lawyers and when they lose...AS MOST DO, get stuck with that lawyers bill...but don't let common sense and PRIOR NEWS and HISTORY get in your way....OH, BTW scumsucker, chew on another opinion!

• WATCH: 'Hillary Clinton Will Be Indicted,' Says Frank Luntz, Following Bill Meeting Loretta Lynch
    Haaretz ^ | July 3, 2016 | Staff
    'I have to take back everything I've said on 'FOX & Friends.' I actually do believe now that if this is true that she will be indicted,' says the pollster. Short transcript: FRANK LUNTZ: Bill Clinton has to have known the impact that it would have if he got on that plane. I don't understand why he would do it except that once again it's like sabotage. That there's something about him, that even though he says he works so hard for his wife that on those key moments he seems to do her so much damage. And the FBI...
I LOVE this kind of left wing garbage!

You said: Now search and see how many REGULAR COLLEGES are sued for the same supposed shit....

So I did.

And what I found out:

First, Trump University isn't a University and never was. Calling itself a university is part of the law suit. But that's not the funny part.

The funny part is that schools for profit have been sued because of high pressure tactics to get money from students. Like, guess who? Trump!

Can you find any statute anywhere where HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS are defined OR ILLEGAL????? Now don't let the Hildebeast's pubic hair get caught in your throat as you suck her off!

OPINION, even YOU have a fucked up one! BTW, scumbag, Trump could have easily SETTLED this OUT OF COURT, but has a FIRM and FAST RULE that people that sue him will have to PAY their lawyers and when they lose...AS MOST DO, get stuck with that lawyers bill...but don't let common sense and PRIOR NEWS and HISTORY get in your way....OH, BTW scumsucker, chew on another opinion!

• WATCH: 'Hillary Clinton Will Be Indicted,' Says Frank Luntz, Following Bill Meeting Loretta Lynch
    'I have to take back everything I've said on 'FOX & Friends.' I actually do believe now that if this is true that she will be indicted,' says the pollster. Short transcript: FRANK LUNTZ: Bill Clinton has to have known the impact that it would have if he got on that plane. I don't understand why he would do it except that once again it's like sabotage. That there's something about him, that even though he says he works so hard for his wife that on those key moments he seems to do her so much damage. And the FBI...
First of all, this is about Trump and his scams.

Second, you should have read the article:

Tarla Makaeff filed a class action in April 2010, Trump filed a $1 million counterclaim against her, for defamation. (Makaeff eventually succeeded in having the counterclaim dismissed under a California law designed to deter frivolous suits filed by well-heeled defendants in an effort to chill speech on issues of public interest. Last April, U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel ordered Trump to pay Makaeff’s lawyers almost $800,000 in fees and costs.)

Guess that time, it didn't work.

Funny, you should admire a swindler because he can outspend his victim. Do you understand what kind of truly awful person that makes you?

So I did.

And what I found out:

Can you find any statute anywhere where HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS are defined OR ILLEGAL????? Now don't let the Hildebeast's pubic hair get caught in your throat as you suck her off!
Can you find someplace where they are legal?

First of all, this is about Trump and his scams.

Second, you should have read the article:

Tarla Makaeff filed a class action in April 2010, Trump filed a $1 million counterclaim against her, for defamation. (Makaeff eventually succeeded in having the counterclaim dismissed under a California law designed to deter frivolous suits filed by well-heeled defendants in an effort to chill speech on issues of public interest. Last April, U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel ordered Trump to pay Makaeff’s lawyers almost $800,000 in fees and costs.)

Guess that time, it didn't work.

Funny, you should admire a swindler because he can outspend his victim. Do you understand what kind of truly awful person that makes you?

You mean he LOST ONE out of how many others...isn't it you fucking dickheads that keep yelling he had FOUR BANKRUPTCIES out of over 800+ BUSINESSES he started?..... What are the odds....little Beano?

How Bad Are the Trump University Allegations? Really Bad.

How many major-party Presidential front-runners have faced trial on “financial elder abuse” charges as they rolled toward the nomination?

Bernard Madoff and Allen Stanford demonstrate, victims of con artists often sing the praises of their victimizers until the moment they realize they have been fleeced.”

In May 2005 the New York Education Department notified Trump U that it was operating without a license and its use of the term “university” violated state law

Close to 6,000 students eventually bought into the three-day seminar. There students were urged to raise their credit card limits and to fill out financial statements, according to the plaintiffs. These steps would facilitate their later real-estate deals, they were allegedly told. But the plaintiffs contend that both steps were really taken in anticipation of the next sales pitch, which arrived on the second day of the seminar.

Seminar leaders pressed students to buy a “year-long mentorship” called the Trump Elite Gold program, which cost—brace yourself— $34,995.

One named class representative alleges she spent $60,000 in all, counting all the Trump products and services she purchased—even after ponying up for the Gold Elite program—and all the credit cards fees, expenses, and penalties she ended up paying.

Los Angeles Times reporter David Lazarus, who took a seminar and then wrote about it in December 2007. By phone, Trump personally advised him a few days later that his story was “inaccurate” and “libelous,” Lazarus wrote in a followup, but refused to say in what respect. He’d provide details “in court,” he told Lazarus, where he’d be suing the reporter’s “ass” off.

And when Trump’s Presidential campaign found out that a political action committee was running TV ads featuring former students of Trump university, the Trump Organization’s lawyer reportedly sent a cease-and-desist letter threatening to sue the PAC (albeit the wrong PAC).

A Presidential nominee on trial for civil fraud could be yuuuuge come August.

Yikes!!!! This is the party that yelled out "let him die" at the GOP debates in Las Vegas just 4 years ago. Of course, to Republicans, so what. they don't care if old people are scammed. But to the rest of the nation, it's a big deal. And Trump, win or lose, will still have to go to court.

From the National Trial Lawyers:

Students Charge Donald Trump with Racketeering in “University” Scheme

Two class action racketeering lawsuits and a lawsuit by the New York Attorney General have been filed against Donald Trump for swindling student-victims out of upwards of $35,000 each through their enrollment in his fictitious institution, Trump University.

Mail and wire fraud are the racketeering activity referenced in the class action suit. The elements required to be proven by the plaintiff are as follows:

• That Trump had a scheme to defraud.
  • That Trump acted with the intent to defraud.
  • That the statements or facts made or omitted were material misrepresentations capable of influencing the plaintiffs to part with their money or property.
  • That Trump used mails or wires in furtherance of the scheme.
Both class action cases, Cohen v. Trump and Makaeff v. Trump University, LLC, are still pending. The case against Trump for his illegal use of “university” is The People of The State of New York v. The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, LLC.

----------------------------------------

Remember, the Hillary conspiracies are a thing of the past. After the FBI announces it has nothing, it's over. It will be all about Trump and nothing but Trump from here to the election. Veterans and mom and pop and grandma and grandpa screwed over by Donald Trump. And even though Republicans laugh at such things, the rest of America won't be laughing. And neither will the courts. I suspect it will be Trump victims that will get the last laugh.

How many people died from this?

Silly far left drone!

So I did.

And what I found out:

Can you find someplace where they are legal?
EVERYWHERE, stupid fuck! There is NO LAW ANYWHERE about them, and especially what is meant by them!

Good old PT Trump

A sucker born every minute. How do you think he got the GOP nomination?

Good old PT Trump

A sucker born every minute. How do you think he got the GOP nomination?

Probably because 2 million more people voted for him, than any DemocRAT light, or a good guy that the MSM would pull apart WORSE than the Donald//// BUT we have the LIAR, CORRUPT, CRIMINAL, MURDERER to concentrate on, the Hildebeast is going down!

Forum List

Back