How are Democrats pro-abortion but anti-school voucher?

A few points to talk about.
#1 several people would have been better off being aborted.
#2 we would be better off if some of the people on here were aborted.
#3 Most people on the left are not in favor of abortion, but they certainly believe that it's not their choice what others do with their reproductive issues.
#4 Why do people who won't make their kids perform in school, don't even go to confrences, think what kids need is to be put into a setting where they are forced to do their work by others. Why don't we just give the public teachers the right to force kids to learn. If they don't then kick them out just like private schools do if the kids won't follow the rules.
#5 Why do republicans keep saying things like places that have less restrictive gun laws have less crime because of it when even when PolitiFact says it ain't so.
#6 those who don't have kids who have to pay taxes, are you willing to refund what was spent on your education when your parents had you in school?

The federal government pay so much for each student anyway why not let the parents choose were they send their kids?

You could actually send every kid in Washington D.C. to private school and transport every single one of them in their own chauffeured limousine for less than half the cost of what they are paying to educate them in the public schools, which are some of the worst in the country.

It's like I said earlier. It's all about the campaign money. The politicians don't give a shit about whether or not these kids are getting educated. What they care about is getting the campaign donations from the NEA.

You could actually send every kid in Washington D.C. to private school and transport every single one of them in their own chauffeured limousine for less than half the cost of what they are paying to educate them in the public schools.

This is a DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LIE don't taz me, but you break it down for me and the rest of us.

Cost of a private chuffer each day to and from school?
Cost of a private school tuition in washington?
Cost of a public ed in washington?

and is that just a sickness to put up that video, or do you think really funny?

You have to grow to love these silly threads of fantasyland, as retards attempt to tell us what we think, what we do, how we do it, what we won't do, what we say, what we feel, what we believe, etc.

It must suck being a lonely Retard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxCZELbAqg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxCZELbAqg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPjHUMiBSRw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPjHUMiBSRw[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTfaro96dg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTfaro96dg[/ame]

In light of the huge education debate the past few weeks, I can't help but wonder:

Democrats are staunchly pro-abortion. "Freedom of choice" they say.

But they despise the thought of school vouchers (Because it would take money away from unions).

So I conclude....

Democrats are only pro-choice when it comes to killing a child, not educating one.

because you loons want us to pay for your kids' religious indoctrination. and want to impose your religious beliefs on women.

thank heaven for the first amendment.

What loons in this thread are demanding the right to send their children to a religious school? They are just asking why you, a person who supposedly advocate for choice, refuse to allow parents the right to send their children to any other school, even a public one.
bet ya MOST of the voucher money goes to a private, 'religious' school.....most private schools in most areas ARE religious schools, are they not?

does the heat at the public school cost the pubic school any less if one of their student;s gets money to go to a private school, is their electric or water bill any less? do they not need to pay the janitor regardless?

Yet, the school will get less money if you give the parent a voucher to send them to private scchool....eventually there will be no public school left, if just a handful go off to private schools cuz the overhead can't be paid, then there will not be enough private schools to take them in, without increasing the student to teacher ratio to an even higher amount than public schools were struggling with....

FIX the Public schools.... are we really too stupid to do such?

What makes private schools and many other Public schools good...then clone it....

but to starve...to let whither on the vine, the public school system and all other children still in those schools, is nothing less than stupid and selfish, in my opinion.

I don't want MY TAX DOLLARS going towards private schools, period.

Washington dc, is the only nightmare that i would not know how to solve...but DC is a nightmare in most all other areas as well....they take in federal tax dollars 8 times more than they pay in....the worst area in our nation for sucking off the federal gvt teet.

School districts had total expenditures of approximately $562.3 billion in 2006–07, including about $476.8 billion in current expenditures for public elementary and secondary education. Of the remaining expenditures, $62.9 billion was spent on capital outlay, $14.7 billion on interest payments on debt, and $7.8 billion on other programs (programs such as community services and adult education, which are not a part of public elementary and secondary education).

After adjustment for inflation, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment at public schools rose during the 1980s, remained stable during the first part of the 1990s, and rose again after 1992–93. There was an increase of 37 percent from 1980–81 to 1990–91; a change of less than 1 percent from 1990–91 to 1994–95 (which resulted from small decreases at the beginning of this period, followed by small increases after 1992–93); and an increase of 29 percent from 1994–95 to 2006–07. In 2006–07, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment were $9,683 in unadjusted dollars. In 2006–07, some 56 percent of students in public schools were transported at public expense at a cost of $779 per pupil, also in unadjusted dollars .

SOURCE: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2010). Digest of Education Statistics, 2009 (NCES 2010-013)Table 180 and Chapter 2 .

Umm... yeah, we evidently are. I mean, was that a serious question?

What makes private schools and many other Public schools good...then clone it....

but to starve...to let whither on the vine, the public school system and all other children still in those schools, is nothing less than stupid and selfish, in my opinion.

Sure, just keep throwing money down the shitter. Only in the government can a poor and failed investment continue to be funded more and more and more.

Actually, I don't either because they'll no longer be private and the state will start exacting its influence on them and fuck them up like they have the public schools.

Washington dc, is the only nightmare that i would not know how to solve...but DC is a nightmare in most all other areas as well....they take in federal tax dollars 8 times more than they pay in....the worst area in our nation for sucking off the federal gvt teet.

It's the result of the welfare state. It destroys.

You could actually send every kid in Washington D.C. to private school and transport every single one of them in their own chauffeured limousine for less than half the cost of what they are paying to educate them in the public schools.

This is a DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LIE don't taz me, but you break it down for me and the rest of us.

The Real Cost Of Public Schools - washingtonpost.com

By the way, what is a chuffer? :confused:

I think the government gives a child an education. IF a parent wants to pay for non government education that should be their choice and their expense. Time those parents take responsibility for their own actions. He is your unborted kid, so take care of him. Don't ask me to buy his shoes or buy his education.

because you loons want us to pay for your kids' religious indoctrination. and want to impose your religious beliefs on women.

What loons in this thread are demanding the right to send their children to a religious school? They are just asking why you, a person who supposedly advocate for choice, refuse to allow parents the right to send their children to any other school, even a public one.
bet ya MOST of the voucher money goes to a private, 'religious' school.....most private schools in most areas ARE religious schools, are they not?

does the heat at the public school cost the pubic school any less if one of their student;s gets money to go to a private school, is their electric or water bill any less? do they not need to pay the janitor regardless?

Yet, the school will get less money if you give the parent a voucher to send them to private scchool....eventually there will be no public school left, if just a handful go off to private schools cuz the overhead can't be paid, then there will not be enough private schools to take them in, without increasing the student to teacher ratio to an even higher amount than public schools were struggling with....

Your reluctance to students to go to the school or their choice is mind-boggling. All you have to say is "MY TAX DOLLARS WILL NOT PAY FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS!" You don't understand why public schools are in bad shape today, but you sure as heck don't want anyone to have a choice. That's very telling. But hey, I'm with you. I don't want a bunch of Public School losers invading the private schools I send my kids, too. I'm glad we're on the same team.

Nope schools would be forced to compete. The competition alone will improve public schools

Really? Detroit public schools have a 300 million dollar deficit!! 3/4s of that is PERSONEL COSTS! How can you operate with that kind of deficit? thats why the our new Govenor may have to close 1/2!! of them so whats the problem? Schools are closing anyway.

Last edited:

Umm... yeah, we evidently are. I mean, was that a serious question?

Sure, just keep throwing money down the shitter. Only in the government can a poor and failed investment continue to be funded more and more and more.

Actually, I don't either because they'll no longer be private and the state will start exacting its influence on them and fuck them up like they have the public schools.

It's the result of the welfare state. It destroys.

I'm sorry, I disagree.....we are NOT TOO STUPID to fix the problems in the problem areas....not all schools are bad, the ones where I live are not bad, the ones in the town I lived previous to here are not bad....the public schooling I got was not bad....certain areas are bad, that need identifying...and each could be failing for different reasons, but the town paying the taxes for the school should be able to figure it out....in most of those cases, I would bet the schools are not over funded because their property tax collection is low

This IS NOT a federal problem anyway...it is a STATE or city/town problem....each one needs to find their way in to improving their own schools.....

I thought conservatives did NOT believe in the federal government contributing towards the education of our children and that this was a STATE issue....yet they want the federal gvt to supply vouchers? this is just too confusing to keep up with the sway of the Palm trees around here....

I agree that the gvt supplied vouchers will eventually lead to more and more gvt control over them....I feel the same about faith based initiatives...it is going to spoil the charities and make them dependent on the gvt, eventually having to change their ways because they receive gvt funding bull crud.....

The Real Cost Of Public Schools - washingtonpost.com

By the way, what is a chuffer? :confused:

Your article doesn't show the private sector schools & for good reasons. Public schools don't have limos, private jets, million dollar homes & yachts paid by the US taxpayer.

For-profit colleges have been the fastest-growing sector of higher education for years. Their business model, which relies heavily on the availability of Pell Grants and government-subsidized student loans, has allowed many of them to flourish as publicly traded companies or as sought-after holdings in the portfolios of private-equity investors. Some of that financial success is reflected in the compensation paid to top executives of the colleges' parent companies, which they report annually to shareholders.

Andrew S. Clarke
President/CEO $20,532,304.00

Graphic: CEO Compensation at Publicly Traded Higher-Education Companies - Finance - The Chronicle of Higher Education

IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE,.................IT PROBABLY IS!!

Last edited:

Currently, that is probably true, but that is not what school choice advocates are arguing for. The major idea is to let the parents and children spend the money that would normally be given to a failing monopoly and let them choose where to spend it.

Education Breakthrough Network

The money is being wasted in the public schools, something almost everyone admits.

Also, if we started issuing vouchers to every student it would probably result in a tax cut for all property owners in the country. At the very least you would have one less agency to pay taxes for, the local school board would have to compete for the vouchers instead of having a lock on your taxes.

Maybe if they did not have a monopoly they would fix themselves. God knows we have tried everything else over the last 50 years and not got it right yet.

Are we too stupid to fix public schools? It certainly seems we are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the government gives a child an education. IF a parent wants to pay for non government education that should be their choice and their expense. Time those parents take responsibility for their own actions. He is your unborted kid, so take care of him. Don't ask me to buy his shoes or buy his education.

You also believe the sun shines out of Obama's ass. I can assure you that both of your opinions are completely wrong.

Currently, that is probably true, but that is not what school choice advocates are arguing for. The major idea is to let the parents and children spend the money that would normally be given to a failing monopoly and let them choose where to spend it.

Education Breakthrough Network

The money is being wasted in the public schools, something almost everyone admits.

Also, if we started issuing vouchers to every student it would probably result in a tax cut for all property owners in the country. At the very least you would have one less agency to pay taxes for, the local school board would have to compete for the vouchers instead of having a lock on your taxes.

Maybe if they did not have a monopoly they would fix themselves. God knows we have tried everything else over the last 50 years and not got it right yet.

Are we too stupid to fix public schools? It certainly seems we are.

our public school education was pretty darn good 50 years ago, and great 40 years ago as well and pretty darn good overall 30 years ago too...i think the past 20 years it's been heading south in SOME regions, but not ALL....

THIS IS a STATE issue and NOT one that should be in Federal hands....you shouldn't get to decide on my schools and i shouldn't get to decide on taking money out of your local schools....the whole thing is a federal over reach....

it is you that needs to fix your own schools, and it is you that needs to take a vote in your own town or State, on vouchers, and stripping your public schools of this money for your own town schools....the federal gvt should not be doing this....you and your fellow townsmen, may think vouchers is your answer, other towns may find that something else is better for them....

oh, and monopolies are ALWAYS winners in the business world , not losers, if allowed to be.....our schools are not even close to that....our towns, do compete with each other...at least up here in new england....i chose the town i lived in massachusetts, specifically for the schools....not because we have been blessed with children, but because the value of our home would stay higher or go even higher...the town over and 2 towns over had nice homes that we could have bought, but we chose the home in the town with the best schools...purely for investment reasons.... towns have good financial reason to make their school system a ''good one''....just by the extra property tax money they will get with their new home owners...

my sis is a teacher, and an excellent one, and her school is always competing with their nearby, public schools....they can even go on the internet when their scores come out, to compare how they did....

But maybe not all school teachers in all schools do the same...i dunno? It seems like they would....it's fun to compete....and pushes capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
our public school education was pretty darn good 50 years ago, and great 40 years ago as well and pretty darn good overall 30 years ago too...i

Desegregation, white flight, resegregation, class division, Lafferism... that pretty much covers it

Also, if we started issuing vouchers to every student it would probably result in a tax cut for all property owners in the country.

So instead of having public schools, we would close them all down.
1.No more busing. Individual parents deliver & pick up their kids. Enter the shorter work week, and explosion in gas consumption.
2.No more school lunches. Kids go without lunches.
3.No more sports. Kids stay home & play Nintendo.
4.No school library. City libraries are overrun causing taxes to increase.
5.Special, problem, or poor children are left out. Private schools take the cream of the crop, and the rest can stay home, not their problem.
6.Vouchers start up a whole new government program. Private schools protected, inspected, regulated, licensed, mandatory insurances, law firms for suits, educational standards, testing, etc. You just shifted the business end of public education to private over site.
7.Teachers go to work for private schools, organize Unions and things are back to normal again. Or they can strike & picket a school into submission, lost school days, violence across America, etc.

Just a few ideas of what you are up against here, and the futility of vouchers in America. I can just hear the Parents Howl.

Last edited:
Democrats are the Ultimate Hippocrates when it comes to choice.

They Scream Freedom of Choice when Talking about Abortion.

Then Vote to deny people choice at every turn.

School Vouchers, No Choice.
They want to take your Guns away. Again No choice.
They Ban Fatty foods, again No choice.

I could go on and on and on. The list of Issues on which Democrats are opposed to you having a choice is very long.

In fact it almost seems like the only choice they want you to be free to make, is to Kill your unborn Baby. Hell I think if most of them had their way there would only be one Party to choose from as well, with 1 Media preaching one side all the time.

Their side.

There's nothing hypocritical about supporting 'choice' on one issue and not supporting 'choice' on some unrelated issue. That's stupid.

If that were the case then every person who supports school choice, but is not pro-choice on abortion,

would be a hypocrite.

Is that what you believe? Is that what the rest of you who agree with this poster above believe?

Are you condemning yourselves with this stand?

Forum List

Back