How About An Alliance With Russia?

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
I am neither well read nor well educated on the topic of international politics, mainly because one simply cannot believe anything any politician says and only a little of what the mainstream media has to say. But I would be interested in reading the opinions of others on the topic of a close alliance with Russia.

I harbor no personal antipathy for Russia or the Russian people and I quite frankly could never understand why we seem to be at odds with them for so long. What did the Russians ever do to us? I've found there is a lot to admire about the Russian people. They are passionately artistic, especially in the fields of music and dance. They are physically strong and healthy and their history shows them to have survived generations of tragic hardship. So it seems to me that American culture could benefit from absorbing that of the Russian culture.

We are presently witnessing the literal rape of European culture by the passive invasion of extraordinarily aggressive Islamic migrants who represent themselves as asylum-seekers but who have imposed themselves on Europe in an offensively militant manner. Surprisingly the Europeans seem to be passively tolerating the barbaric behavior of these bottom-feeders -- who undoubtedly will be "migrating" from Europe to these United States when their number rises sufficiently. And the longer we wait to take decisive deterrent action the more difficult it will be.

Based on what I've been reading and seeing on tv news it seems that Russia is beginning to be similarly affected by the expansion of migrating Islamic "refugees," which consists mainly of military-age males unaccompanied by and unburdened with wives and children. It is increasingly clear that we have this rather menacing circumstance in common with Russia, so what is the reason for the current re-emergence of Cold-War era hostility toward that nation, its people and its leader? It seem unquestionably obvious that the opposite situation would be to our mutual advantage.

Again, I am interested in knowing how others feel about this situation.

Last edited:
No reason for an "alliance" with your major opponent.

But before DJ Trump attacks N.Korea he will need Putin's concurrence and he should inform Xi in China too.

Then bomb the sh!t out of N.Korea and teach them a valuable lesson.

When the USA bombs N.Korea the N.Koreans will probably fire an arty attack on Seoul S.Korea.

Then the artillery duel will begin with both capitols coming under fire from each other.

Whether the N. will launch their infantry or not is uncertain.

If they do the S. is ready this time unlike in 1950 when they were a sitting duck.

Both sides are about even, with the USN being the deciding factor.

If China launches an air attack on the USN then there could be a huge Asian war.

Cant happen. The Jew doesnt like Russia as the Jew controls banking and the Russians are anti World Bank and Monetary Fund.

You make some points about the Russian people - points that are entirely irrelevant. A nation being politically aligned with us has nothing to do with the people themselves - it has to do with the objectives and goals of the governments and how they align.

The question is, what is to be gained with an alliance with Russia for both the US and Russia?

When the USA bombs N.Korea the N.Koreans will probably fire an arty attack on Seoul S.Korea.

Then the artillery duel will begin with both capitols coming under fire from each other.

Whether the N. will launch their infantry or not is uncertain.

If they do the S. is ready this time unlike in 1950 when they were a sitting duck.

Both sides are about even, with the USN being the deciding factor.

If China launches an air attack on the USN then there could be a huge Asian war.

None of the sort will happen. The North Koreans (DPRK) will not attack South Korea (ROK) all out and the US will not initiate an attack on the DPRK for fear of a nuclear reprisal on Seoul.
The only option that I can foresee is if the Chinese (PRC) cuts all ties and thus all funding to the DPRK. Then and only then will the DPRK feel compelled to engage in a suicide mission. However, I feel that if the PRC does cut ties with the DPRK (most likely) then this will never happen. This has been the pattern of the DPRK for the past 50 years. When they are truly starving they lash out. We can gauge their status based upon their actions. The more troublesome they (Kim Dynasty) become the more uncertain they are about their future.

Don't hold your breath, franco!
The idiots who support the Orange Groper won't change their tune until forever. Too much skin in the game...

The last time we made an alliance with Russia, they ended up with half of Europe.

Perhaps the threat of fascism was enough to make that sacrifice.

A few angry Jihadists blowing things up... meh, not so much. Jihadism isn't an existential threat to the west.

The last time we made an alliance with Russia, they ended up with half of Europe.
They also served our interests as an indispensably effective ally without which we would not have defeated Hitler. The The Russians didn't take anything from us in post-War Europe -- they earned what they got. Ultimately they lost most of it because they couldn't financially sustain it.

Perhaps the threat of fascism was enough to make that sacrifice.
Do you have some doubt about that?

A few angry Jihadists blowing things up... meh, not so much. Jihadism isn't an existential threat to the west.
"A few angry jihadists . . ." today. Why are you so comfortably confident about tomorrow? Don't you think these Muslims have any long-range plans for tomorrow?

In case you haven't noticed, a virtual army of military-age Muslim men are streaming into Europe, and now Canada, and probably across our vulnerable Southern and Northern borders. This is a passive invasion. Right now they are not armed -- but how long do you suppose they will remain that way? One armed, angry and motivated terrorist among us is worth a hundred ordinary soldiers attempting invasion from outside.

To form an effective alliance with Russia we necessarily would need to give up something -- but so would they. So why not think about it rather than rejecting the idea out of hand?

Last edited:
OLD SCHOOL: On Top of the World /// NEW AGE: Whirled Like a Top

This is a existential war between human species. The advanced productive nations should unite instead of indulging in this unmanly bickering. We must partition, conquer, tame, or destroy the backward, hostile, and unevolvable species that threatens us around the globe. Survival of the Fittest doesn't apply if the fittest have lost their way.

I am neither well read nor well educated on the topic of international politics, mainly because one simply cannot believe anything any politician says and only a little of what the mainstream media has to say. But I would be interested in reading the opinions of others on the topic of a close alliance with Russia.

I harbor no personal antipathy for Russia or the Russian people and I quite frankly could never understand why we seem to be at odds with them for so long. What did the Russians ever do to us? I've found there is a lot to admire about the Russian people. They are passionately artistic, especially in the fields of music and dance. They are physically strong and healthy and their history shows them to have survived generations of tragic hardship. So it seems to me that American culture could benefit from absorbing that of the Russian culture.

We are presently witnessing the literal rape of European culture by the passive invasion of extraordinarily aggressive Islamic migrants who represent themselves as asylum-seekers but who have imposed themselves on Europe in an offensively militant manner. Surprisingly the Europeans seem to be passively tolerating the barbaric behavior of these bottom-feeders -- who undoubtedly will be "migrating" from Europe to these United States when their number rises sufficiently. And the longer we wait to take decisive deterrent action the more difficult it will be.

Based on what I've been reading and seeing on tv news it seems that Russia is beginning to be similarly affected by the expansion of migrating Islamic "refugees," which consists mainly of military-age males unaccompanied by and unburdened with wives and children. It is increasingly clear that we have this rather menacing circumstance in common with Russia, so what is the reason for the current re-emergence of Cold-War era hostility toward that nation, its people and its leader? It seem unquestionably obvious that the opposite situation would be to our mutual advantage.

It is increasingly clear that we have this rather menacing circumstance in common with Russia, so what is the reason for the current re-emergence of Cold-War era hostility toward that nation, its people and its leader?
Syria is the reason.
The U.S. engaged in a plan with its Middle Eastern partners to remove Bashar al Assad from power and the Russians stood in the way and have thus far prevented the breakup of Syria.

Pick up a cold war history book..
Putin is a threat to democracy world wide. No alliance.

Sometimes a conditional alliance with a major opponent can be a highly constructive endeavor for both parties. And I think this is one of those times.

But before DJ Trump attacks N.Korea he will need Putin's concurrence and he should inform Xi in China too.

What if North Korea can deliver a nuclear warhead or two to an American city while we are busy devastating them? Have you considered that? While Kim Jung Il is indeed a cheeky little bastard, have you considered whether he might have good reason to be? To just start arbitrarily bombing North Korea could end up being a valuable lesson for us, as well.

The Cold War was real and based on soviet actions and intentions.

The Cold War is over, and the Soviet Union is gone.

Putin is NOT a threat to anyone not on his borders.

There is not reason to NOT have good relations with Russia, even an alliance.

Sometimes a conditional alliance with a major opponent can be a highly constructive endeavor for both parties. And I think this is one of those times.

What if North Korea can deliver a nuclear warhead or two to an American city while we are busy devastating them? Have you considered that? While Kim Jung Il is indeed a cheeky little bastard, have you considered whether he might have good reason to be? To just start arbitrarily bombing North Korea could end up being a valuable lesson for us, as well.
I think that we spend far too much on our military, and we have strong enough alliances world wide (pretrump) to be able to defend ourselves without jumping in bed with a dictator murderous war criminal.

Last edited:
The Cold War was real and based on soviet actions and intentions.

The Cold War is over, and the Soviet Union is gone.

Putin is NOT a threat to anyone not on his borders.

There is not reason to NOT have good relations with Russia, even an alliance.
then why is putin still snatching land that doesn't belong to him?

Forum List

Back