How about a forum for personal help?

If you get 8 hours of sleep every day and you drink a glass of prune juice every morning, you don't need any professional help.

Not quite that simplistic, but basically, yes. I give them the full list of symptoms, and tell his NA whether it's the bronchitis, or the pneumonia that year. (I know the difference between the two), it's always at the same time of year. If it's bronchitis,I get my antibiotic, skip the prescription for the cough medicine cuz it puts me to sleep, and I'm on my way. If it's pneumonia, I actually have to haul my ass in there and get my lungs cleaned out, get my prescription, fill my inhaler, and again I'm on my way.

Usually in February or March I get Bronchitis and visit our hospital urgent care. I see a doctor who prescribes an antibiotic, Ventolin and Codine cough medicine. I get the first two filled and pass on the cough medicine.

Not quite that simplistic, but basically, yes. I give them the full list of symptoms, and tell his NA whether it's the bronchitis, or the pneumonia that year. (I know the difference between the two), it's always at the same time of year. If it's bronchitis,I get my antibiotic, skip the prescription for the cough medicine cuz it puts me to sleep, and I'm on my way. If it's pneumonia, I actually have to haul my ass in there and get my lungs cleaned out, get my prescription, fill my inhaler, and again I'm on my way.

Usually in February or March I get Bronchitis and visit our hospital urgent care. I see a doctor who prescribes an antibiotic, Ventolin and Codine cough medicine. I get the first two filled and pass on the cough medicine.

Mine's usually in November.. I use Ventolin for the pneumonia, and good old Mucinex D for the bronchitis. That stuff works like a dream. Not a shot in hell on the cough syrup, tho. Filled it once - never again.

Hi

I want to ask if it would be a good idea if the mods and admins could make a subforum about personal affairs. This could include familiar, personal or even technical problems or questions, where we could help each other. What do you think about this?

I think the general discussion forum works pretty well for what you're describing.

If you have a question or something you'd like to discuss just start a thread there, and then ignore any responses from shit-flinging trolls like me.

Once it's on the interwebz, it's always on the interwebz. Don't post anything you won't want random people to see a few years from now. Legal and medical advice is best dealt with in person.

Hi

I want to ask if it would be a good idea if the mods and admins could make a subforum about personal affairs. This could include familiar, personal or even technical problems or questions, where we could help each other. What do you think about this?

I think it's a good way for people to set themselves up to be mocked. There are quite a few helpful individuals here, but also plenty who would thoroughly enjoy the ammunition of people disclosing their "personal problems".

Maybe be cool if the OP could post their problem/concern anonymously? Don't know from a tech standpoint how hard that would be to do.

This is a good idea.

I'd be more than happy to offer people advice. I have strong opinions about things I know nothing about, which makes me perfect for anonymously telling people what to do over the Internet.

Count me in.

Hi

I think it's a good way for people to set themselves up to be mocked. There are quite a few helpful individuals here, but also plenty who would thoroughly enjoy the ammunition of people disclosing their "personal problems".

Maybe be cool if the OP could post their problem/concern anonymously? Don't know from a tech standpoint how hard that would be to do.

Wouldn't matter.. If you spend any amount of time at all in the same place, you'd easily figure out who's who by posting style..

Wouldn't matter.. If you spend any amount of time at all in the same place, you'd easily figure out who's who by posting style..

Oh, ok then I'll just ask here. My bag seems to have a third bean in it, and it hurts, a lot. What should I do?

Oh, ok then I'll just ask here. My bag seems to have a third bean in it, and it hurts, a lot. What should I do?

The third bean is odd man out. Get it a new friend.

I just treat mine with beer. Depending on the symptoms, either pale ale or lager.

Today, it's lager. Ying-ding-a-ling (or whatever they call themselves).

Yuengling? :eek:

That's Pottsville pisswater. You could at least go for the black & tan.

That douchebag should try hisself some Newcastle.

In England, Newkie Brown is a coal miner's beer.

In America, it's a high-end beer.

Go figure.

This is a good idea.

I'd be more than happy to offer people advice. I have strong opinions about things I know nothing about, which makes me perfect for anonymously telling people what to do over the Internet.

Count me in.

A girl can't get pregnant if the guy pulls out. It's true because I heard it on the internet.

That's not a bean. That's your neighbors hamster.

This is a good idea.

Count me in.

A girl can't get pregnant if the guy pulls out. It's true because I heard it on the internet.

Ahh, yes. I call it the "Father method."

Do I fucking look like Ann Landers!

Look! What ever is wrong in your life can be made better by about 100 miles at >90MPH on a Harley Davidson

I will now forever be mocking your third bean....just try to ignore me when I point and laugh.

Forum List

Back