How about a forum for personal help?

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Hi

I want to ask if it would be a good idea if the mods and admins could make a subforum about personal affairs. This could include familiar, personal or even technical problems or questions, where we could help each other. What do you think about this?

Hi

I want to ask if it would be a good idea if the mods and admins could make a subforum about personal affairs. This could include familiar, personal or even technical problems or questions, where we could help each other. What do you think about this?

Nobody here is qualified to give professional help. We do have various forums where you can ask technical questions, post your opinions on personal issues. etc.

Anything on a more professional level isn't going to work here...

Hi

I think it's a good way for people to set themselves up to be mocked. There are quite a few helpful individuals here, but also plenty who would thoroughly enjoy the ammunition of people disclosing their "personal problems".

Not a bad idea Mr S. however this is not the best place for personal issues. But both Sherry and Dis have points.

Sure you can ask or try and discuss personal issues but i would think long and hard about it before you post.

Hi

My opinion is "ask away". Plenty of people here have asked for and gotten assistance for all sorts of issues from personal to plumbing. Many here ARE professionals and if they are willing to help, why not use them? Just remember you often get what you pay for and you are still responsible for any advice you use. Caveat Emptor.

There's a pet forum, a computer forum, a health and lifestyle forum, even a law and legal system forum. And of course general discussion for all the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you really want to ask for advice or opinions, knock your socks off. Some people do. Others try to be helpful. But I'd think long and hard before giving out too much personal information, or following any advice you get here.

Hi

Nobody here is qualified to give professional help. We do have various forums where you can ask technical questions, post your opinions on personal issues. etc.

Anything on a more professional level isn't going to work here...

Don't sell yourself short!

You are qualified to give assistance on how to administrate.

Hi

My opinion is "ask away". Plenty of people here have asked for and gotten assistance for all sorts of issues from personal to plumbing. Many here ARE professionals and if they are willing to help, why not use them? Just remember you often get what you pay for and you are still responsible for any advice you use. Caveat Emptor.

I've helped some people here, but due to HIPAA regulations, I am not able to discuss this matter any further.

Hi

I've helped some people here, but due to HIPAA regulations, I am not able to discuss this matter any further.

Now who's going to trust a doctor that has as much time to talk about nothing as you do? :eek:

Hell I switched doctors because I found MINE standing in a gas station eating a donut.

Now who's going to trust a doctor that has as much time to talk about nothing as you do? :eek:

Hell I switched doctors because I found MINE standing in a gas station eating a donut.

I'm sure that your doctor was heartbroken as you sound like a charming patient...a true joy to care for.

I'm sure that your doctor was heartbroken as you sound like a charming patient...a true joy to care for.

Actually, I'm very easy to care for. I don't invent symptoms, I'd like to be in an out in under 10 minutes - I don't want to waste your time, so please don't waste my time, and if I know what's wrong, I'll simply ask for my prescription (which never changes), and call it a day. If I need a refill, I'll simply call and ask that it be called in to the pharmacy at their convenience (theirs because I call before I run out, rather than go in to a panic, and insist that my problem is far worse than anyone elses).

He still makes the same amount of money for having to put out 1/3 the effort, and we're BOTH happy.

Actually, I'm very easy to care for. I don't invent symptoms, I'd like to be in an out in under 10 minutes - I don't want to waste your time, so please don't waste my time, and if I know what's wrong, I'll simply ask for my prescription (which never changes), and call it a day. If I need a refill, I'll simply call and ask that it be called in to the pharmacy at their convenience (theirs because I call before I run out, rather than go in to a panic, and insist that my problem is far worse than anyone elses).

He still makes the same amount of money for having to put out 1/3 the effort, and we're BOTH happy.

Are you one of those people who calls and says "I have had a cough for the past three days. Please call in an antibiotic for me. Thanks."?

Are you one of those people who calls and says "I have had a cough for the past three days. Please call in an antibiotic for me. Thanks."?

Not quite that simplistic, but basically, yes. I give them the full list of symptoms, and tell his NA whether it's the bronchitis, or the pneumonia that year. (I know the difference between the two), it's always at the same time of year. If it's bronchitis,I get my antibiotic, skip the prescription for the cough medicine cuz it puts me to sleep, and I'm on my way. If it's pneumonia, I actually have to haul my ass in there and get my lungs cleaned out, get my prescription, fill my inhaler, and again I'm on my way.

Not quite that simplistic, but basically, yes. I give them the full list of symptoms, and tell his NA whether it's the bronchitis, or the pneumonia that year. (I know the difference between the two), it's always at the same time of year. If it's bronchitis,I get my antibiotic, skip the prescription for the cough medicine cuz it puts me to sleep, and I'm on my way. If it's pneumonia, I actually have to haul my ass in there and get my lungs cleaned out, get my prescription, fill my inhaler, and again I'm on my way.

If you do that too often, your bronchitis attacks treated with antibiotics will eventually become bouts of pneumonia with antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

But, based on your medical expertise, it appears that you know what you are doing.

I just treat mine with beer. Depending on the symptoms, either pale ale or lager.

Today, it's lager. Ying-ding-a-ling (or whatever they call themselves).

If you do that too often, your bronchitis attacks treated with antibiotics will eventually become bouts of pneumonia with antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

But, based on your medical expertise, it appears that you know what you are doing.

What works for me may not work for others, and what works for others may not work for me. In my case, I"m better in 3-5 days, rather than the standard month or more I see other people spend coughing up a lung. And when it stops working, I'll reevaluate the process. You think your time is too precious to spend giving out rep. Mine's too precious to spend running to the doctor every time I have a sniffle.

What works for me may not work for others, and what works for others may not work for me. In my case, I"m better in 3-5 days, rather than the standard month or more I see other people spend coughing up a lung. And when it stops working, I'll reevaluate the process. You think your time is too precious to spend giving out rep. Mine's too precious to spend running to the doctor every time I have a sniffle.

If you truly have bronchitis due to a bronchospastic disease (I assume asthma or maybe COPD), why are you not treated with occasional prednisone instead of antibiotics?

And are you taking an inhaled steroid to prevent flares?

Hi

Looks like Raid Ant & Roach spray will solve most of your problems.

Forum List

Back