House Republicans Say No To Marijuana For Veterans...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
Lawmakers halt bill to let VA doctors prescribe pot for pain
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Fucking totalitarians. The whole lot of em

Yeah, Marijuana is a much better alternative for many folks. Some can't handle the effects of all the pills they're forced to take. These poor guys who are missing limbs and live in constant pain, should get what they need to get by. We owe them that much.

I can get over the fact that marijuana is still classified a schedule 1 narcotic, even as retarded as that is. But to deny it to veterans in pain while shoving opiods down their throats? Usually when the government makes such a backwards decision you can follow the money somewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.

agreed...less harm than opioid addiction. Those are nasty. give them what they need.

I can get over the fact that marijuana is still classified a schedule 1 narcotic, even as retarded as that is. But to deny it to veterans in pain while shoving opiods down their throats? Usually when the government makes such a backwards decision you can follow the money somewhere.
Did you know big pharma and big alcohol actually got together to lobby the pro-pot lobby? LOL

Pot is federally banned. Opening up usage of an illegal substance for one group and no others would lead to all kinds of lawsuits. Has little to do with the vet status and everything to do with current legal status.
thats a good point.
However, it shouldnt be illegal at the federal level.

gawd I hate nanny staters......wonder if trump is going to publicly denounce this move. I would give him props if he did.
also, I bet money Rand Paul wasnt involved in this bullshit.

It's still reefer madness wh the GOP . On top of That their big pharm masters don't like people using a drug they can grow themselves .

gawd I hate nanny staters......wonder if trump is going to publicly denounce this move. I would give him props if he did.
It's ALREADY ILLEGAL at the federal level. Can Congress give me permission to break current laws? They would need to address the current law on the books rather than singling out usage for specific individuals.

It's ALREADY ILLEGAL at the federal level. Can Congress give me permission to break current laws? They would need to address the current law on the books rather than singling out usage for specific individuals.
the article said in states where its already legal....its not like it would give vets in states that still ban cannibas the opportunity to toke up

the article said in states where its already legal....its not like it would give vets in states that still ban cannibas the opportunity to toke up
How do republicans in dc have any control on what individuals do in different states? They make laws for everyone. Because of the FEDERAL law on the books they did what they had to do. Otherwise it would have ended up in court and probably as a loss for them.

Well said. Thanks.

Come on Republicans, just when i thought you were actually making some progress. Now you go and do this to our Vets. It's time for the GOP to join the 21st Century. Gotta stop being the 'Party of angry old White Dudes.' Some of our Vets live in constant pain. If Marijuana can help ease that pain, let's allow them to have it. We owe it to them.

Republican lawmakers have blocked a vote on a bill that would have allowed Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend medical marijuana as a pain treatment in states where the drug is legal.

The House Rules Committee stopped a proposed “Veterans Equal Access” amendment from moving to debate on the House floor by keeping the measure out of the House’s proposed VA funding bill for next year.

The sponsor of the House provision, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore, said he was “bitterly disappointed” that his amendment was sidelined.

“This is a subject that has gained a great deal more attention and momentum,” Blumenauer told McClatchy. “More people recognize that the VA has really failed our veterans when it has come to pain management, opioids and opioid dependency."...

Read More:
Lawmakers halt bill to let VA doctors prescribe pot for pain
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

They do it every fucking time, hell it was even a bi partisan bill.

Forum List

Back