House Republicans Pass $868 Mil in Cuts to WIC (women, infants, children)

As long as they can still give tax breaks to the rich and give oil companies tax incentives, they will be fine. The GOP's unwritten agenda is to rid the country of the lower class. In doing so, if some of the middle class are lost, well, that is the collateral damage of political war. How they convince so many in the middle class that they are actually interested in their well being, I will never know? Every move they make and every policy they push is a clear signal that they are interested only in corporate American, the rich, the influential, and white people.

OH please.....Shut the fuck up...."The White people"....
Racist fuckwad

Liberals don't seem to understand that corporations can also be spelled J.O.B.S.

explain Brown then.....

Not really comparable. States don't have the ability to borrow in the same way the federal government does. Federal government also has a lot more flexibility about how to spend. A lot of California's spending in required by referendums.

So you want to keep borrowing & spending money we don't have? Wonderful idea.

Have you been watching what has been going on in Greece lately?

No one can borrow and spend their way to prosperity. If we keep this up--we will ALL be POOR and standing in soup lines.

We need to get our budget in order, but during the early stages of recovery from an economic downturn is not the right time to do it.

This should have been cut more. Foreign governments spend their money on every thing else other than their own people. They can always depend on the good old U.S. Haven't they ever heard of farming to feed their people? We give food aid to Pakistan while they're building nuclear warheads. Some countries should stay the same but some should be cut out completely.

House to boost veterans' programs, cut food aid - Yahoo! News

The popular Food for Peace program, which uses taxpayer dollars to buy U.S. commodities and ships them to deprived areas in Africa and elsewhere across the globe, would absorb a $457 million cut of almost one-third. The White House says that would translate into 1.1 million fewer people getting U.S. food aid.

Last edited:
Not really comparable. States don't have the ability to borrow in the same way the federal government does. Federal government also has a lot more flexibility about how to spend. A lot of California's spending in required by referendums.

No one can borrow and spend their way to prosperity. If we keep this up--we will ALL be POOR and standing in soup lines.

We need to get our budget in order, but during the early stages of recovery from an economic downturn is not the right time to do it.
Doctor says:
"in order for that broken bone to heal properly I have to set it. In order to set it I have make it a clean break. But I don't want to do that right now"....
Gee, makes sense to me....Face palm.

You guys are a trip. You don't even know what parts of the program were cut.

Administrative
Redundant expenses
Fraud
Technical
One half of one percent to each region
Actual benefits

Get informed before bloviating like a left wing hack

Well, they have to find more money for tax cuts for the rich somewhere! Why not take it from those who can least defend themselves? Good move GOP!

Well said. They won't touch corporate welfare but for those who need assistance in these hard times, they hurt them further.

Well, they have to find more money for tax cuts for the rich somewhere! Why not take it from those who can least defend themselves? Good move GOP!

Well said. They won't touch corporate welfare but for those who need assistance in these hard times, they hurt them further.

And you completely ignored the post directly above yours. Your all so eager to argue and prove "your right" you don't even stop to think. Maybe they were wasteful spending cuts or fraud or any number of things besides benefit cuts. And even if they are actual benefit cuts how much are they per person? One dollar, ten dollars? Your all so eager to hate you forgot to brush your teeth, and now your breath smells like ass. Obamas ass.

Administrative
Redundant expenses
Fraud
Technical
Actual benefits

I somehow doubt 13% of the program is a "technical adjustment".

Administrative
Redundant expenses
Fraud
Technical
Actual benefits

Fraud was cut? Now there's an oxymoron.
Fraud is prosecuted, not "cut".

You think policicians are criminals? Consumers are the biggest fucking crims in the crib.

But they leave farm subsidies unchanged.

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Food Aid Cuts For Women, Children Passed By House Republicans

Kinda like how democrats took 12 BILLION in food stamp funds to bailout teachers unions and pensions?

Democrats wanted 26 billion in food stamps to put money into the pockets of their voting base.

Oh I got a massive problem with "educators." they're greedy two-faced pieces of shit just like every democrat and every union member in this country....

Just as long as you get yours thats all that matters......

Democrats, Advocacy Groups Blast Cuts to Food Stamps to Fund $26B Aid Bill - FoxNews.com

I suppose taking 12 billion out of the mouths of the ever growing folks who would like to eat and feed their families was iiight eh democrats???

Oh no, you fuckhheads wanted 26 billion to give to the brainwashers and their pensions, while blue collar private sector kids starve...

Once again progressive liberals are pieces of shit....

This really shows the audacity of Obama - he even has his own people blasting his zombie congress and him...

Of course this never got front page news.

Last edited:
Earth to Moonbats: We've run out of Other People's Money.

Only if it's for feeding poor children. We've got tons of cash laying around to subsidize big agribusiness concerns and to build weapons systems to blow up threats that don't exist.

Yep

Wonder why Dems didn't take care of that when they had a SUPER MAJORITY 2008-2010?

Guess it was more important to expand Government with Obamacare.

Democrats take 12 billion out the mouths of the needy and give it to teachers and liberals have nothing to say???

Typical...

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Food Aid Cuts For Women, Children Passed By House Republicans

Well, we have to cut something to pay for the F35 Stealth Jet, all 2443 of them that is. To be honest, I'm not certain that I am against this, but the cost is staggering.

F-35 AF-1 and AF-2 Ferry Flight to Edwards AFB

But what about the 12 billion in food democrats took out of kids mouths and put into the bitch teachers pockets?

Those GnOpers kept Azalia funding though. We can all rest easy. :rolleyes:

I guess we can finally put to rest the malarkey that we are a "Christian Nation"...

I guess we can finally put to rest the malarkey that we are a "Christian Nation"...

What-the-fuck-rock are you living under, you fucking partisan-parrot bomb-thrower?

Christian Church Membership in the United States: 1960-2002

It may be true that EVERY American is not christian, but certainly more are christian than any other religion.

What-the-fuck-rock are you living under, you fucking partisan-parrot bomb-thrower?

Christian Church Membership in the United States: 1960-2002

It may be true that EVERY American is not christian, but certainly more are christian than any other religion.

always with the religions....

gop wants to stop abortion to what...starve kids?

Really?

So why is it working so well in Britain?

Idiot.

Forum List

Back