House Republicans Introduce Bill to Eliminate Obama’s 39 Czars…

Of course they are, they actually believe that Obama and the dems are the cause of all of our problems.

This move is another move by the GOP that leaves a person scratching their head. When GWB had his 35 czar's.
When Fox News asked Rep Darrell Issa if the GOP objected to Bush's czars he said,,,No!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyiYV2gOwjU

This is reminds me of how many members of Congress went along with GWB's spending and now, all of a sudden they became deficit hawks.
Everybody has the right to change their mind. Look at Obama's switch on the tax cuts for the wealthy, (of course he got something in return).

This isn't a complaint post, but more so a post to point out the irony of that happens within the Washington Beltway.

kiwiman you discredit your so called party of no label. I have went through some of yoiur post you have made and none that I looked at said anything negative against the democrats. And considdering the last 4 years if you were for no labels you would speak out against both parties. Just likje I told you earlier the party of no labels is just another liberal movement.

Last edited:

Of course they are, they actually believe that Obama and the dems are the cause of all of our problems.

They are half responsible for all of our problems.
The GOP is responsible for the other half.

You understand what the word "regulate" means?

If Capo Tarde is not made into law what is there to regulate? If the EPA gose over the heads of Congress they become a power unto themself.
Yes or No?
That is true, if they make their own laws...but I have yet to see that. IF you can come up with a SPECIFIC regulation they enforce that is NOT traced back to a Congressional mandate?

It's to late to stop if they do it. But true they haven't yet but obama did say they would.

I don't really get the point of doing this, just seems like political show games to me. The GOP should focus on real issues if they really want to improve the country.

I don't really get the point of doing this, just seems like political show games to me. The GOP should focus on real issues if they really want to improve the country.

They cant.
They prefer to focus on issue that riles up their base.
Same as the democrats.

There is waste in government that need be addressed and the overuse of so called czars is certainly an area that should be considered for budget cuts.

A Brief History of White House Czars - TIME

The more interesting criticism, however, is the charge that czarism simply doesn't work. Czars generally don't have budget control or other real authority, and are often caught up in turf battles among Cabinet secretaries and fellow West Wingers. "There've been so many czars over the last 50 years, and they've all been failures," New York University public-service professor Paul Light told the Wall Street Journal. "It's a symbolic gesture of the priority assigned to an issue."

Read more: A Brief History of White House Czars - TIME

I tend to agree with this criticism. Should we really be wasting taxpayers' money on useless, ineffective symbolism?

They should focus on eliminating unnecessary departments within the federal government and reining in the power of some others, like the EPA and FCC.

That would require work, actual hard work. And w/o the Senate, it won't make it.

This move is another move by the GOP that leaves a person scratching their head. When GWB had his 35 czar's.
When Fox News asked Rep Darrell Issa if the GOP objected to Bush's czars he said,,,No!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyiYV2gOwjU

This is reminds me of how many members of Congress went along with GWB's spending and now, all of a sudden they became deficit hawks.
Everybody has the right to change their mind. Look at Obama's switch on the tax cuts for the wealthy, (of course he got something in return).

This isn't a complaint post, but more so a post to point out the irony of that happens within the Washington Beltway.

Can you say hypocrite?

By all means lets get rid of the czars..

lets call them "Special advisors to the President"

How about we have a checks and balence system for them?

You mean like the one we have with corporate lobbyists?

Oh wait..we don't.:eusa_shhh:

lol.

When are we all going to wake up and realize that our government is out of control with power?

They have us so divided, there is little we can do about it.

Maybe we should start a new party....the party of the people.

obama-czar_in_chief.jpg

(The Hill)- A group of House Republicans introduced a bill on Wednesday to rein in the various “czars” in the Obama administration.
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and 28 other House Republicans introduced legislation to do away with the informal, paid advisers President Obama has employed over the past two years.
The legislation, which was introduced in the last Congress but was not allowed to advance under Democratic control, would do away with the 39 czars Obama has employed during his administration.
The bill defines a czar as “a head of any task force, council, policy office within the Executive Office of the President, or similar office established by or at the direction of the President” who is appointed to a position that would otherwise require Senate confirmation.

this wasn't an issue when bush had czars;

List of U.S. executive branch czars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George H. W. Bush 1989–1993 2
Bill Clinton 1993–2001 8
George W. Bush 2001–2009 32
Barack Obama 2009– 39

You get what you pay for.

I bet this make all the Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity fans so very happy too.

There are no czars in America, period. So, it's a waste of time and money.

"For one thing, they keep insisting Obama has done something unprecedented. He hasn't. During the Bush/Cheney years, the White House created new czars for almost every conceivable policy challenge. In the span of about six years, Bush oversaw the creation of a "food safety czar," a "cybersecurity czar," a "regulatory czar," an "AIDS czar," a "manufacturing czar," an "intelligence czar," a "bird-flu czar," and a "Katrina czar." It was such a common strategy for Bush that it quickly became the butt of jokes. Newsweek satirist Andy Borowitz suggested in 2007 that the White House needed a "lying czar" to "oversee all distortions and misrepresentations."

Read more: "There are no czars in America" - Reformed Chicks Blabbing

You mean like the one we have with corporate lobbyists?

Oh wait..we don't.:eusa_shhh:

lol.

When are we all going to wake up and realize that our government is out of control with power?

They have us so divided, there is little we can do about it.

Maybe we should start a new party....the party of the people.

Well maybe we should stop pussyfooting around with all these non-issues and hold the parties we have accountable.

I really want to crack the books on Cheney's secret energy meetings.

That probably had much more effect on our daily lives then nonsense like Terry Shaivo and Death Panels.

These special advisors (for all Presidents not just the redistributor in chief/marxist/commie/liberal/nazi/alien and whatever else the loons want to call him) have no signatory authority, they’re just staff.

Grandstanding or stupidity?

These special advisors (for all Presidents not just the redistributor in chief/marxist/commie/liberal/nazi/alien and whatever else the loons want to call him) have no signatory authority, they’re just staff.

Some of them do have authority to make rules that is backup by law.
How about the EPA?

Some of them do have authority to make rules that is backup by law.
How about the EPA?

Um, those are the ones (with signatory authority) confirmed by the Senate.

Forum List

Back