House hearing on Biden's failures withdrawing from Afghanistan

Biden took ownership when he changed the plan.

Trump pulled the troops out and freed the prisoners in Sept 2020.

I don't know how a rational person could blame Biden.

The US state department had do not travel warnings for several years. Expats knew they needed to leave...and had plenty of time to do so.

The US has no jurisdiction over civilian Americans abroad.

The truth is out.....Biden failed and in doing so,killed 13 US soldiers.

The Biden administration ignored intelligence community warnings that its plan to withdraw troops from Afghanistan would prove deadly, current and former military officials told Congress Thursday.

"There was very little intelligence to suggest the Biden administration’s plan would work and a mountain range of evidence to suggest the plan would fail," retired Col. Seth Krummrich, former chief of staff for special operations at U.S. Central Command, testified on Thursday before the House Foreign Affairs Committee. "The president’s decision to ignore the best military advice and execute an immediate military withdrawal was a shock and a rude awakening for all the planners."
Bagram also had "the mechanical capability to destroy sensitive equipment on an industrial scale in a short time," while Kabul airport "did not," according to Smith. If the State Department had chosen Bagram as the site of its evacuation, the military likely could have destroyed much of $7.2 billion in sensitive military equipment that was left behind and ultimately seized by the Taliban.

"I advised the embassy team against using" the Kabul airport, Smith said, noting that the State Department initially agreed with his assessment. However, officials back in Washington, D.C., ordered the base be shut down by early July 2021. "It is my understanding that those in [U.S.] embassy did not think that Taliban would advance to take Kabul."

Biden Admin Ignored Warnings About Withdrawing Troops From Afghanistan, Military Leaders Say

This was one of Biden's biggest fuckups.

Had he just stuck to Trump's timeline and gotten everyone out by the end of May there would have been no issues .

I don't know how a rational person could blame Biden.

You can blame Biden because he pushed the date back so he could have a made for TV moment on the anniversary of 9/11.

Had he left when in May the Taliban would have still be half a country away.

It was Trump that negotiated and signed the peace treaty with the Taliban that required us to exit the country. We were supposed to leave in April but Biden delayed until August to allow a more orderly exit. Trump negotiated the departure and made sure it would take place after the election and did exactly nothing to prepare for it. He essentially left a burning bag of 💩 on Biden's doorstep.
It was up to Biden to do the detail on the withdrawal. It proved none existent and disastrous.

I doubt anyone could have done a much better job since no one thought the Afghan Army would implode so quickly.
Trump's negotiations with the Taliban didn't include the Afghan army or the government.

Forum List

Back