House GOP Votes Unanimously to Protect Big Oil Subsidies

Yes, you do have to prove it if you want me to take you seriously. Link it or shut the fuck up.

Frankly I do not give a flying fuck if you take me seriously or not there asshat. People with common sense know that if you take the subsidies away, the oil companies will raise prices to make back the difference.

Link it or shut the fuck up? What are you going to make me tough guy? Bring it on.

You're a fucking idiot. You post your opinion as fact, with nothing to back it up except, "It's common sense", and act like you're preaching the gospel. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. That is plainly clear. Gas prices are determined by a number of factors. Tax payer subsidies is not one of them. But like I said: If you think that's the case, then prove it. Link it. Give me some evidence to back up your bogus claim.....or shut the fuck up.

It is Gospel Buddy, If you really do not think the oil Companies will find a way to pass the costs along to us, then you are the fucking Idiot.

You do realize we get far more than Just Gas from Oil right? You don't think they can bump up the price of Motor oil, or tar for Roads, or anyone of the hundreds of other products that come from Oil?

Really?

Hey I know why don't you call me some more names again. That will make you feel better.

Frankly I do not give a flying fuck if you take me seriously or not there asshat. People with common sense know that if you take the subsidies away, the oil companies will raise prices to make back the difference.

Link it or shut the fuck up? What are you going to make me tough guy? Bring it on.

You're a fucking idiot. You post your opinion as fact, with nothing to back it up except, "It's common sense", and act like you're preaching the gospel. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. That is plainly clear. Gas prices are determined by a number of factors. Tax payer subsidies is not one of them. But like I said: If you think that's the case, then prove it. Link it. Give me some evidence to back up your bogus claim.....or shut the fuck up.

It is Gospel Buddy, If you really do not think the oil Companies will find a way to pass the costs along to us, then you are the fucking Idiot.

You do realize we get far more than Just Gas from Oil right? You don't think they can bump up the price of Motor oil, or tar for Roads, or anyone of the hundreds of other products that come from Oil?

Really?

Hey I know why don't you call me some more names again. That will make you feel better.

So you can't prove your bogus claim? That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for playing.

Y O U F A I L
horse-poop.gif

People with common sense know that if you take the subsidies away, the oil companies will raise prices to make back the difference.
So you are saying that the oil monopoly is extorting money from the tax payers under the threat of jacking up the oil prices.

Shouldn't that make the oil monopoly the same as the public sector unions to the CON$ervative Brotherhood?
Fat chance!!!

Thats the problem with black mailers....you pay them for protection, then they want more and more.

@ Edthecynic...Sounds just like the conservative portrayl of the unions except they agree with strong arming money from tax payers when it's anyone but individuals

That's the GOP for you. They vote to cut programs and funding for organisations that benefit women and poor families, but stand behind their corporate overlords by voting unanimously to keep millions in tax payer subsidies for oils companies that rake in billions in profits and give away millions in bonuses.

ThinkProgress » House GOP Says ‘So Be It’ To Taxpayers, Votes Unanimously to Protect Big Oil Subsidies

House Republicans voted in lockstep this afternoon to protect corporate welfare for Big Oil, even as they call for draconian cuts to programs that everyday Americans depend on each day. As the House of Representatives moved toward approving a stopgap resolution to avert a government shutdown for another two weeks, Democrats offered a motion to recommit that would have stripped the five largest oil companies of taxpayer subsidies, saving tens of billions of dollars in taxpayer funds. The motion failed on a vote of 176-249, with all Republicans voting against (approximately a dozen Democrats joined the GOP). A similar vote two weeks ago to recoup $53 billion in taxpayer funds from Big Oil was also voted down, largely along party lines. The former CEO of Shell Oil, John Hoffmeister, recently said Big Oil doesn’t need subsidies “in face of sustained high oil prices.” From 2005 to 2009, the largest oil companies have made a combined $485 billion in profits.

That's the GOP for you. Not unilaterally renegging on contracts and trying to act as if they never existed. If you want to change the structure of new leases going forward, that's legit. This would be like Governor Walker demanding all retired employees pay the state an additional percentage for every year they worked in order to keep their retirment benefits. I'm sure you're all for that.

Big Oil subsidies were fine with the left for the last four years of democrat majority in congress but since republicans gained the majority we have Soros and Huffington playing political games with every vote. Gas is up to $3.40 you ninnies and on the way to $4 or $5 per gal. Is that what you want?

People with common sense know that if you take the subsidies away, the oil companies will raise prices to make back the difference.
So you are saying that the oil monopoly is extorting money from the tax payers under the threat of jacking up the oil prices.

Shouldn't that make the oil monopoly the same as the public sector unions to the CON$ervative Brotherhood?
Fat chance!!!

Yeah all those American oil compaines like British Petroleum?
Shell Oil?

the subsidies that oil cos get in the usa are but paltry pittances in the global scehem of things. The oil cos would not really miss them and it would have maybe .01/gal impact on the price of gas at the very extreme.

So sad that all some have are party talking points to serve their corporate masters with.

That's the GOP for you. They vote to cut programs and funding for organisations that benefit women and poor families, but stand behind their corporate overlords by voting unanimously to keep millions in tax payer subsidies for oils companies that rake in billions in profits and give away millions in bonuses.

ThinkProgress » House GOP Says ‘So Be It’ To Taxpayers, Votes Unanimously to Protect Big Oil Subsidies

House Republicans voted in lockstep this afternoon to protect corporate welfare for Big Oil, even as they call for draconian cuts to programs that everyday Americans depend on each day. As the House of Representatives moved toward approving a stopgap resolution to avert a government shutdown for another two weeks, Democrats offered a motion to recommit that would have stripped the five largest oil companies of taxpayer subsidies, saving tens of billions of dollars in taxpayer funds. The motion failed on a vote of 176-249, with all Republicans voting against (approximately a dozen Democrats joined the GOP). A similar vote two weeks ago to recoup $53 billion in taxpayer funds from Big Oil was also voted down, largely along party lines. The former CEO of Shell Oil, John Hoffmeister, recently said Big Oil doesn’t need subsidies “in face of sustained high oil prices.” From 2005 to 2009, the largest oil companies have made a combined $485 billion in profits.

That's the GOP for you. Not unilaterally renegging on contracts and trying to act as if they never existed. If you want to change the structure of new leases going forward, that's legit. This would be like Governor Walker demanding all retired employees pay the state an additional percentage for every year they worked in order to keep their retirment benefits. I'm sure you're all for that.

Who said anything about renegging on contracts? Contracts can be honored or renegotiated. So, how do you feel about big oil, with its billions in profits and bonuses, getting your tax dollars?

Big Oil subsidies were fine with the left for the last four years of democrat majority in congress but since republicans gained the majority we have Soros and Huffington playing political games with every vote. Gas is up to $3.40 you ninnies and on the way to $4 or $5 per gal. Is that what you want?

Another con with a bogus claim. Like I told the other guy who made that argument - prove it.

Last edited:

They were? What liberals were fine with Oil Subsidies? Do they have a name or face?

Who said anything about renegging on contracts? Contracts can be honored or renegotiated. So, how do you feel about big oil, with its billions in profits and bonuses, getting your tax dollars?

Your OP link goes to a think progress article. That article links to the house website which actually goes into some very superficial detail which the think progress article completely ignores. On the house website, they are talking about renegging on leases. Yes, they can be renegotiated, but passing legislation which unilaterally invalidates existing leases is not renegotiation. This has nothing to do with renegotiation. Do you actually want to address the substance of the issue or not?

With what is actually being discussed in the legislation, not a single damn cent that the federal government collects from me in taxes is paid out to the oil companies. The federal government is not writing checks to the oil companies from the treasury. You bought into a completely misappropriate turn of phrase. Not suprising since you linked to a think progress article which does not relate any of the relevant information in the article itself.

Yeah this is not contract renegging like with the teachers/public workers unions up north.
It is only wrong to reneg on contracts with corporations not the working class.

I keep saying this. Not to put too fine a point on this, But the domocrats had two years of overwhelming majorities in both houses of congress and did not eliminate this feature of the tax code.

Was it a legit subidy for a big industry until January 2011? Why is this suddenly a bad thing? If you are going to condemn the Reps for not repealing this, you will need to condemn the Dems for not repealing it also.

Partisan hackery does not forgive myopia.

I keep saying this. Not to put too fine a point on this, But the domocrats had two years of overwhelming majorities in both houses of congress and did not eliminate this feature of the tax code.

Was it a legit subidy for a big industry until January 2011? Why is this suddenly a bad thing? If you are going to condemn the Reps for not repealing this, you will need to condemn the Dems for not repealing it also.

Partisan hackery does not forgive myopia.

Pardon, but the senate was not an overwhelming majority. Seems some Dem senator took most of a year to get seated because of some frivilous lawsuit.

but in any case both parties are under corporate control now.

Really?

So you can't prove your bogus claim? That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for playing.

Y O U F A I L
horse-poop.gif

Keep thinking you won something Buddy.

Everyone that actually uses their Brains, and not just Emotions, Knows beyond a Doubt that if you cause the Cost of Getting oil to go up for the Oil Companys that they will undoubtedly raise prices on their Products, Not just Gas, but all the hundreds of Products the Oil is part of.

So thank you too, for playing.

At least you made one post with out childish Name calling, I commend you for that at least.

Translation of your translation - Partisan hacks will defend their party with lies no matter how wrong their party is.

Seriously, how do you sleep at night? If tax payer subsidies to oil companies help keep gas prices from rising, then why are gas prices rising? Don't give me any excuses about turmoil in the Middle East. You said that subsidies help keep gas prices from rising. Prove it.

Like you Fuhrer said "Elections have consequences." Now you are on the shit end, and it is because of your party, how does it feel? You have only yourselves to blame.

Elections have consequences? How is giving tax payer subsidies a consequence of an election that was supposedly about - according to conservatives - fiscal responsibility? How is it fiscally responsible to give tax payer subsidies to companies that rake in billions in profits?

You have only yourself to blame for making such a dumbass post.

Enjoy the next 5 years, it's all I have to say, and thank your dem reps for it. Hardy har har!!!!

Now I stand corrected? You have to actually know what you're talking about in order to correct somebody. And it's clear from your incoherent ramblings that you don't know shit. I suggest you smoke something yourself. Something other than the right-wing lies that you gobble up like candy.

So what you are saying is you have no argument to rebuttal my statement with? That's typical liberal evasion for you.

What is there to rebut? Your post was nothing but right-wing talking points. No facts. Just opinion. You don't know how this works, do you?

Yes, apparently you don't. Can we debate? Or will you follow in the way side of Michael moore?

..... Let me set you straight on this, they are voting to take away programs from the lazy worthless pieces of trash who are leeches to America and the hard working tax payers of the American economy who are sick of being taken advantage of, and then supporting our own natural resources .....

Blacks have been nothing more then just another voting block for the Dems, and they are too blind to open there eyes and see it, just like the mexicans and the welfare bums,
- lazy worthless pieces of trash who are leeches to America

- Blacks ... too blind to open there eyes

- just like the mexicans and the welfare bums

Conclusive proof that "grunt11b" is one "sick puppy!"

With friends like "grunt11b," who needs enemies!

Just like USArmyRetard, he's another disgrace to the uniform.

Forum List

Back