House Dems pass middle class tax cuts

Yeah because raising taxes during economic turmoil is so effective.

tax cuts during a downturn have never worked, either. republicans have tried that over and over and over again...didnt work for reagan, didnt work for bush 1 and 2, why will it work this time around?

except they aren't cutting any taxes. they are extending cuts put in place by Bush: therefore not making taxes go up.

i think it might be time to stop using those labels. 10 years ago bush gave these tax gifts to his rich friends. the middle class got a couple of pennies off of their taxes so that the people who fund the campaigns got their payoff. it was never intended to be permanent. it isn't increasing taxes for things to be put back to where they were supposed to be.

but i'm appalled by all the pretend fiscal conservatives who say that unemployment insurance has to be "paid for", but tax cuts, which will cost us billions, don't.

it's kind of a warped argument.

They did not give a tax cut to the middle class they extended it.

But this is a common ploy used by liberals to color the truth.

:lol::lol::lol: you see up ^^^^^^ where jIllian said Bush burdened the middle class" and the dems just extended the bush tax cuts for the middle class. course when the rich start shipping their money and their jobs overseas there won't be any middle class so the arguement becomes moot toot.

it would be nice if you actually understood the economics of it.

i think, unfortunately, these things aren't simplistic enough for your little rightwingnut mind. i know they're complicated for people far smarter than i am.

so i can imagine how they tax your shriveled up grey matter.

You think you're smart? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Democrats!

Show us your spirit! Refuse your refund checks!

Just as soon as you stop using public roads that government built or eating foods that the FDA inspected, or banking at a bank that is federally protected, etc..... You want smaller government.....prove it.

Confiscation? Shoot, keynesians don't care. 45, 50, 55, 60 percent tax, they can justify any number for the government means over individual liberty.

Exactly, the 50% of the mother fuckers who pay no federal tax are salivating at the thought of pissing away the wealth of the wealthy.

tax cuts during a downturn have never worked, either. republicans have tried that over and over and over again...didnt work for reagan, didnt work for bush 1 and 2, why will it work this time around?

except they aren't cutting any taxes. they are extending cuts put in place by Bush: therefore not making taxes go up.

i think it might be time to stop using those labels. 10 years ago bush gave these tax gifts to his rich friends. the middle class got a couple of pennies off of their taxes so that the people who fund the campaigns got their payoff. it was never intended to be permanent. it isn't increasing taxes for things to be put back to where they were supposed to be.

but i'm appalled by all the pretend fiscal conservatives who say that unemployment insurance has to be "paid for", but tax cuts, which will cost us billions, don't.

it's kind of a warped argument.

I got more than a few pennies and I'm not one of Bush's friends.
I am a fiscal conservative, but raising taxes right now in this economy is dangerous in my opinion. Hoover tried it.

I think all the libs who want to pay high taxes should do so...

Skip a few deductions... You don't HAVE to take them, you know...

Help out your fellow downtrodden Americans....

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh: I think libs fall in that 50% category of "those who pay no federal taxes"

That includes you since you don't actually have a job. Hypocrite.

The definition of small business include those enterprises with up to 500 employees. The largest and most successful of these (the ones most likely to create jobs) will be affected.

actually this is the government definition of a small business:

500 or fewer employees for most manufacturing and mining industries (a few industries permit up to 750, 1000 or 1,500 employees)

100 or fewer employees for all wholesale trade industries

$6 million per year in sales receipts for most retail and service industries (with some exceptions)

$27.5 million per year in sales receipts for most general & heavy construction industries

$11.5 million per year in sales receipts for all special trade contractors

$0.5 million per year in sales receipts for most agricultural, forestry and fishing industries

What is a Small Business?

so it actually varies.

the only ones on this list may actually apply to this are general and heavy construction industries, special trade contractors and mining.

nice try tho

Who Makes $250,000 a Year? Not Small Business... | Gather

Last edited:

yes thats true. but the logic is the same - more of the same failed policies will inevitably work. if the tax cut extensions are so vital, then why did they fail to turn the recession around? to cut the deficit, congress must reduce significant spending. discretionary spending like dumbshits mcconnel and boehner harp about comprise only about 30% of the budget, at best. but when it comes to real cuts (such as letting bushes policies die out), they fail miserably.

they didn't turn the recession around because the crash was so severe. letting taxes go up, however you do it, will slow the economy more.

theres no proven basis for that. life will go on as it always had by necessity. what are we going to do...shut our businesses down? quit our jobs because we dont like federal income tax being raised 5%? we'll spend less, yes, but thats a good thing. its a fallacy to assume the country will shut down, no one will buy or invest in anything. the citizen will do the same. he will gripe and moan, but his life is no different. the private sector will be just fine. we're in debt. we need to start paying it off, not spending more.

And they're not raising anyone's taxes, they're letting the Bush tax cuts expire. Common ploy used by cons to color the truth.

yes thats true. but the logic is the same - more of the same failed policies will inevitably work. if the tax cut extensions are so vital, then why did they fail to turn the recession around? to cut the deficit, congress must reduce significant spending. discretionary spending like dumbshits mcconnel and boehner harp about comprise only about 30% of the budget, at best. but when it comes to real cuts (such as letting bushes policies die out), they fail miserably.

they didn't turn the recession around because the crash was so severe. letting taxes go up, however you do it, will slow the economy more.

theres no proven basis for that. life will go on as it always had by necessity. what are we going to do...shut our businesses down? quit our jobs because we dont like federal income tax being raised 5%? we'll spend less, yes, but thats a good thing. its a fallacy to assume the country will shut down, no one will buy or invest in anything. the citizen will do the same. he will gripe and moan, but his life is no different. the private sector will be just fine. we're in debt. we need to start paying it off, not spending more.

It's the SPENDING STUPID:

4956763771_b3b7b9fe05.jpg

Obama has increased the size of Federal Outlays as a % of GDP by 25% in less than two years.

We are not Under Taxed. The government spends Too Much Money, largely on crap.

And they're not raising anyone's taxes, they're letting the Bush tax cuts expire. Common ploy used by cons to color the truth.

How dumb are you? If taxes go up, then they are raised. What Topsy-turvy world are you living on Moonbeam?

How dumb are you? If taxes go up, then they are raised. What Topsy-turvy world are you living on Moonbeam?

what's your definition of raise?

Using a wily procedural maneuver to tie Republican hands, House Democrats managed to pass, by a vote of 234-188, legislation that will allow the Bush tax cuts benefiting only the wealthiest Americans to expire.
Democrats were not united on the issue. Twenty voted with Republicans to kill the tax cut bill, as they hold out for extending additional cuts to wealthy Americans -- though 3 Republicans, including Reps. Ron Paul (TX) and Walter Jones (NC) voted for the tax cut extensions. However the outcome will (and was designed to) allow Democrats to draw distinctions between themselves and Republicans during the 2012 election cycle.

House Dems Pass Only Middle Class Tax Cut Bill | TPMDC

Making good on campaign promises to SOAK THE RICH! Way to go demonRats.
"You're soaking in it"

Yeah, they're soaked about this much:

0.jpg

Forum List

Back