House Dems pass middle class tax cuts

Stupid libtards didn't get enough of a message on election night huh?

It has no chance of getting passed in the Senate! Filbuster anyone? Look they needs to compromise on it and they didn't, now they will feel the wrath! Setting the mark at $1 million, when they keep saying lets raise the tax on millionaires, why then do they toss in people who make $750K under a million?

Even if $1 mil was too high for them, most Americans (including this one) would accept $750K!

why do you care if people earning over $250,000 a year go back to paying what they paid during the prosperous years under clinton?

i think the rightwingnuts are getting the wrong message from the election, which means they're going to get their butts kicked again in two years.

arrogance does that.

Its always easy to support taking more money from other people.

Your first question can be turned around why do you feel the need for the goverment to take more money from people just because they have more of it than you? Unless the goverment then turns around and writes you a check with it, it really doesnt benefit you directly.

I think all the libs who want to pay high taxes should do so...

Skip a few deductions... You don't HAVE to take them, you know...

Help out your fellow downtrodden Americans....

If successful, all this maneuver will accomplish is to keep unemployment above 9% up to the 2012 elections.

It makes one wonder if Pelosi is actually trying to submarine The One.

Yeah, it's patriotic and stuff. :lol:

Stupid libtards didn't get enough of a message on election night huh?

It has no chance of getting passed in the Senate! Filbuster anyone? Look they needs to compromise on it and they didn't, now they will feel the wrath! Setting the mark at $1 million, when they keep saying lets raise the tax on millionaires, why then do they toss in people who make $750K under a million?

Even if $1 mil was too high for them, most Americans (including this one) would accept $750K!
The vast majority of Americans agree to extending the cuts for the middle class, so yes, I do believe they got the message.

I know you don't get it, because you never do! But all the Republicans, WHO PASSED THE ORIGINALLY ONE AGAINST THE DEMOCRATS WISHES, are for tax breaks for the middle class.

HOWEVER, Americans are also against raising taxes on small business, ESPECIALLY THE SUCCESSFUL ones that hire the majority of Americans! Successful small business owners fall between the $250-$750K range!!!

When employment shoots above 10%, YOU DEMOCRATIC FOOLS WILL BE TO BLAME!!!

the majority of small business owners do not actually take home over $250,000 in income.

PayScale - Owner / Operator, Small Business Salary, Average Salaries
Business Owner Salary Comparison | eHow.com

if you are a successful small business owner and grow your company to a certain size, you no longer qualify as a small business. you end up as a medium size business or small corporation. so this idea that every small business owner is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year is simply untrue. but no one is having this argument are they....

Your first question can be turned around why do you feel the need for the goverment to take more money from people just because they have more of it than you? Unless the goverment then turns around and writes you a check with it, it really doesnt benefit you directly.

you make an assumption that the return of taxes to what they were doesn't affect me and mine. you shouldn't do that just because they don't affect you.

And I'm afraid that I disapproved when baby bush gave his tax breaks to the people who didn't need them and further burdened the middle class.

you could always tell me what you'd cut that doesn't screw people.

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh: I think libs fall in that 50% category of "those who pay no federal taxes"

They did not give a tax cut to the middle class they extended it.

But this is a common ploy used by liberals to color the truth.

tax cuts should have expired across the board. the country simply cant afford them. if anything, taxes need to be higher.

Yeah because raising taxes during economic turmoil is so effective.

tax cuts during a downturn have never worked, either. republicans have tried that over and over and over again...didnt work for reagan, didnt work for bush 1 and 2, why will it work this time around?

The vast majority of Americans agree to extending the cuts for the middle class, so yes, I do believe they got the message.

I know you don't get it, because you never do! But all the Republicans, WHO PASSED THE ORIGINALLY ONE AGAINST THE DEMOCRATS WISHES, are for tax breaks for the middle class.

HOWEVER, Americans are also against raising taxes on small business, ESPECIALLY THE SUCCESSFUL ones that hire the majority of Americans! Successful small business owners fall between the $250-$750K range!!!

When employment shoots above 10%, YOU DEMOCRATIC FOOLS WILL BE TO BLAME!!!

the majority of small business owners do not actually take home over $250,000 in income.

PayScale - Owner / Operator, Small Business Salary, Average Salaries
Business Owner Salary Comparison | eHow.com

if you are a successful small business owner and grow your company to a certain size, you no longer qualify as a small business. you end up as a medium size business or small corporation. so this idea that every small business owner is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year is simply untrue. but no one is having this argument are they....

You really don't have much common sense.

The definition of small business include those enterprises with up to 500 employees. The largest and most successful of these (the ones most likely to create jobs) will be affected.

tax cuts should have expired across the board. the country simply cant afford them. if anything, taxes need to be higher.

Feel free to pay more taxes than you owe like the Cheney's did.

They overpaid and said keep the change.

Last edited:

tax cuts during a downturn have never worked, either. republicans have tried that over and over and over again...didnt work for reagan, didnt work for bush 1 and 2, why will it work this time around?

except they aren't cutting any taxes. they are extending cuts put in place by Bush: therefore not making taxes go up.

:lol::lol::lol: you see up ^^^^^^ where jIllian said Bush burdened the middle class" and the dems just extended the bush tax cuts for the middle class. course when the rich start shipping their money and their jobs overseas there won't be any middle class so the arguement becomes moot toot.

:lol::lol::lol: you see up ^^^^^^ where jIllian said Bush burdened the middle class" and the dems just extended the bush tax cuts for the middle class. course when the rich start shipping their money and their jobs overseas there won't be any middle class so the arguement becomes moot toot.

it would be nice if you actually understood the economics of it.

i think, unfortunately, these things aren't simplistic enough for your little rightwingnut mind. i know they're complicated for people far smarter than i am.

so i can imagine how they tax your shriveled up grey matter.

except they aren't cutting any taxes. they are extending cuts put in place by Bush: therefore not making taxes go up.

yes thats true. but the logic is the same - more of the same failed policies will inevitably work. if the tax cut extensions are so vital, then why did they fail to turn the recession around? to cut the deficit, congress must reduce significant spending. discretionary spending like dumbshits mcconnel and boehner harp about comprise only about 30% of the budget, at best. but when it comes to real cuts (such as letting bushes policies die out), they fail miserably.

you make an assumption that the return of taxes to what they were doesn't affect me and mine. you shouldn't do that just because they don't affect you.

And I'm afraid that I disapproved when baby bush gave his tax breaks to the people who didn't need them and further burdened the middle class.

you could always tell me what you'd cut that doesn't screw people.

The cuts are the hard question. To me goverment is doing things it was never meant to do, or is at least doing it inefficently. My point is that in our current system people in the higher income brackets technically have taxation without proportionate representation. The majority has the ability if they really wanted to to raise taxes on people over X income to like 90%, and those people basically have no recourse. While to a liberal this sounds like poetic justice and all that is fair in the world, to my view, this is an inherent unfairness. It would almost be more comforting if those who want to raise taxes on the rich only to at least show up at thier houses and rob them at gunpoint, instead of using the goverment to do thier dirty work for them.

At a certain point it stops being taxation, and starts to be confiscation, soley for the reason of you having more than the other person, and a method to force equality, instead of being what taxation was originally for, to fund the goverment.

yes thats true. but the logic is the same - more of the same failed policies will inevitably work. if the tax cut extensions are so vital, then why did they fail to turn the recession around? to cut the deficit, congress must reduce significant spending. discretionary spending like dumbshits mcconnel and boehner harp about comprise only about 30% of the budget, at best. but when it comes to real cuts (such as letting bushes policies die out), they fail miserably.

they didn't turn the recession around because the crash was so severe. letting taxes go up, however you do it, will slow the economy more.

Forum List

Back