House Dems pass middle class tax cuts

They did not give a tax cut to the middle class they extended it.

But this is a common ploy used by liberals to color the truth.

Kinda like telling people the Dems are actively raising taxes on the wealthy, rather than just letting a REPUBLICAN-enacted tax cut expire.

Using a wily procedural maneuver to tie Republican hands, House Democrats managed to pass, by a vote of 234-188, legislation that will allow the Bush tax cuts benefiting only the wealthiest Americans to expire.
Democrats were not united on the issue. Twenty voted with Republicans to kill the tax cut bill, as they hold out for extending additional cuts to wealthy Americans -- though 3 Republicans, including Reps. Ron Paul (TX) and Walter Jones (NC) voted for the tax cut extensions. However the outcome will (and was designed to) allow Democrats to draw distinctions between themselves and Republicans during the 2012 election cycle.

House Dems Pass Only Middle Class Tax Cut Bill | TPMDC

Actually, no. The Democrats are once again screwing around a golden opportunity.

Don't tie unemployment to tax cuts, simply have an up or down vote on unemployment benefits. Leave the Republicans without any clothes.

Republicans are going to do everything can to pass tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires after January. Make them vote now against the middle class so everyone can see whose side they are on. Many in the middle class think the Republicans, being nearly all white would be on their "side". But the Republican leadership only sees "green". They pretend to only see "white" to rile their base, but they squat on anyone not "rich".

Kinda like telling people the Dems are actively raising taxes on the wealthy, rather than just letting a REPUBLICAN-enacted tax cut expire.

Why not? Check out the military. How many are millionaires? If the rich are not going to protect the country that made them millionaires then they should pay for the right to live here. How much is a soldier's life worth?

The middle class gives the lives of their children. The rich should at least give up a mansion. Use four instead of five.

I would think that would be obvious. Is the Republicans base really so brainwashed?

Why not? Check out the military. How many are millionaires? If the rich are not going to protect the country that made them millionaires then they should pay for the right to live here. How much is a soldier's life worth?

The middle class gives the lives of their children. The rich should at least give up a mansion. Use four instead of five.

I would think that would be obvious. Is the Republicans base really so brainwashed?

I don't if you got it or not, but I wasn't disagreeing with taxing the wealthy more. I was just pointing out how it's not just one side that "colors the truth".

"It's not Obama's debt."

"It is Obama's debt, but what was he supposed to do?"

Rinse, repeat.
Who's the milquetoast in your avatar? Your high school theater director?

I'm pretty pretty sure it's that whiny loudmouth Mark Levin.
Really? Wow, I would never have imagined him all soft and doughy. With that whiny-ass shriek of his, I always pictured him looking more like this guy:

Bentley.jpg

You know...that sniveling weasel look.

Uh. Wrong. A lot of small businesses are Subchapter S corporations, with profits taxed at the individual rate when passed to shareholders.
Uh, you're wrong. Indeed, a lot of small businesses are S corps.

But most businesses with almost 500 employees are most certainly not S-corps. If you read what I wrote, you'd see I made that distinction for you.

Then prove it.
prove that "small biz's with 500ish employees are no longer paying taxes based on personal income?

Try it this way: you claimed that they were paying S-corp (private income) tax. Prove that for us.

The Semantically Challenged combine that deficiency with Economic Illiteracy. High tax rates do not increase tax receipts.

For the past few decades, no matter what the top marginal rates were, total tax receipts as a percent of GDP settled around 19%.

boedicca-albums-boedicca-s-stuff-picture2782-taxratevsgdpjpeg.jpg

Lol...that's because the TMR is a small portion of total tax revenues...and because the portion of people impacted my the TMR - at any level - grows every year.

DING! DING! DING!

Dumbfuck post of the day goes to you sir!

Did you really make that analogy? Seriously? Equating tax increases with expired coffee coupons? And who the hell drinks Maxwell House?

partisan hackery at its finest, isn't it?

Oh, it's well beyond that.... his prior post was that since people don;t want to pay more taxes, they should stop eating Gov't inspected food, driving on roads and putting money in banks.

This guy's nuts.

Nice job at totally botching reading comprehension. You missed the point completely, but that's not surprising.

Oh, it's well beyond that.... his prior post was that since people don;t want to pay more taxes, they should stop eating Gov't inspected food, driving on roads and putting money in banks.

This guy's nuts.
That wasn't me, moron.

He's already proven he has trouble with reading comprehension, it shouldn't be a surprise he can't even bother to figure out who said what.

I need to remind myself that when I come to this site, I'm often trying to have conversations with people who just aren't educated or forced to use their brain for any type of critical thinking. I need to dumb down what I'm saying so they can keep up with the conversation.

Hmm.

Let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Let capital gains go to the highest in the world.

Wonder if that will convince companies to hire and expand??

The Govt will get more money but it sure won't be helping the economy or job creation.

Simple really. The proof will be in the putting and 2012 will look like the Wild Wild West.

Last edited:
Hmm.

The Govt will get more money but it sure won't be helping the economy or job creation.

Simple really. The proof will be in the putting and 2012 will look like the Wild Wild West.

Funny, but do you recall the massive growth in the 90s? Last I recall, it wasn't the Bush tax rates back then...

And so it goes, let the whining from the right begin.....

"One percent of the nation owns a third of the wealth. The rest of the wealth is distributed in such a way as to turn those in the 99 percent against one another: small property owners against the propertyless, black against white, native- born against foreign-born, intellectuals and professionals against the uneducated and unskilled. These groups have resented one another and warred against one another with such vehemence and violence as to obscure their common position as sharers of leftovers in a very wealthy country." Howard Zinn 'APHOTUS'

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

Hmm.

Funny, but do you recall the massive growth in the 90s? Last I recall, it wasn't the Bush tax rates back then...

YES, that was because of the dot.com artificial growth. It BURST also causing a recession!

You do realize the reckless house practices that lead to the mortgage crisis were started during Clinton years, he was a direct beneficiary of the artificial housing boom!

But I love how you will give Clinton all the credit in the world for a great economy, but during the Bush years the economy grew and unemployment was low, until the mortgage bubble burst that is!

DING! DING! DING!

Dumbfuck post of the day goes to you sir!

Did you really make that analogy? Seriously? Equating tax increases with expired coffee coupons? And who the hell drinks Maxwell House?

This guy's nuts.
Hey asshole - are you going to retract this bullshit, or continue to be a dick?

Forum List

Back