Hours before debate, Sanders shares details of health-care plan

This chart makes no sense.

You have income tax at the top and TOTAL tax at the bottom. Making assumptions that there are more taxes than just income tax, means this chart isn't worth much

The chart shows: no matter what upper tax rate is, Revenue collected cannot get above ~20%*GDP.

I am sure over all these years they have tried every combination scheme possible, but revenue does not rise by "taxing the rich".

Suppose the GDP is $20T when Bernie goes in. He will never get more than $4T no matter what. This is based on past history shown above.

If they take too much ............ what happens? GDP drops? Money moves? people move? all of it?

There are different ways of taxing.

Tax on things people buy taxes the poor more than it taxes anyone else.
Income tax depends on how the tax is set out. Those who want a flat tax see the poor being taxed more, those who want to see a staggered system see the rich take up more of the slack.

So he says he'll increase income tax for the rich, perhaps he'll lower it for the poor and you'll still end up with a 20% and then what you say won't happen.

I suppose you could shift who pays. But they never get more than 20%*GDP over history. They must have tried? You want the 1% to pay all $3.6T? I suppose they could try that. I would pay ZERO.

I want tax payment to be fair. This doesn't mean lots of people paying nothing and it's not the richest paying it all either.

The problem is there are those on either side who want an unfair burden for one group or another group.

Bernies' tax plan It won't work. He will not get the revenue expected.
Any budget plan based on revenue being better than 19 percent of GDP is just blowing smoke.

The Remarkably Stable Amount of Federal Revenue as a Percentage of GDP

Why? Higher taxes discourage the "animal spirits" of entrepreneurship. When tax rates are raised, taxpayers are encouraged to shift, hide and underreport income. Taxpayers divert their effort from pro-growth productive investments to seeking tax shelters, tax havens and tax exempt investments. This behavior tends to dampen economic growth and job creation. Lower taxes increase the incentives to work, produce, save and invest, thereby encouraging capital formation and jobs. Taxpayers have less incentive to shelter and shift income.

hard to argue with this history over 100 years or so? need a bigger chart?
View attachment 60182

You have income tax at the top and TOTAL tax at the bottom. Making assumptions that there are more taxes than just income tax, means this chart isn't worth much.

Didn't graduate from high school I see. The chart is very easy to read. Go find a conservative to explain it to you.

The chart is easy to read, it still doesn't make any sense.

I could post lots of easy to read charts that make no sense.

abc379a0-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_per-capita-consumption-of-beef-us_deaths-caused-by-lightning.png.cf.jpg

f324f170-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_number-of-films-nicolas-cage-appeared-in_female-editors-on-harvard-law-review.png.cf.jpg

1bbd1810-e011-11e3-ab49-4d155847e5b1_divorce-rate-in-maine_per-capita-consumption-of-margarine-us.png.cf.jpg

4de55d70-e011-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_mozzarella-vs-civil-engineering.png.cf.jpg

Not difficult to read at all, however they don't tell you anything.

Bernies' tax plan It won't work. He will not get the revenue expected.
Any budget plan based on revenue being better than 19 percent of GDP is just blowing smoke.

The Remarkably Stable Amount of Federal Revenue as a Percentage of GDP

Why? Higher taxes discourage the "animal spirits" of entrepreneurship. When tax rates are raised, taxpayers are encouraged to shift, hide and underreport income. Taxpayers divert their effort from pro-growth productive investments to seeking tax shelters, tax havens and tax exempt investments. This behavior tends to dampen economic growth and job creation. Lower taxes increase the incentives to work, produce, save and invest, thereby encouraging capital formation and jobs. Taxpayers have less incentive to shelter and shift income.

hard to argue with this history over 100 years or so? need a bigger chart?
View attachment 60182

You have income tax at the top and TOTAL tax at the bottom. Making assumptions that there are more taxes than just income tax, means this chart isn't worth much.

Didn't graduate from high school I see. The chart is very easy to read. Go find a conservative to explain it to you.

The chart is easy to read, it still doesn't make any sense.

I could post lots of easy to read charts that make no sense.

abc379a0-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_per-capita-consumption-of-beef-us_deaths-caused-by-lightning.png.cf.jpg

f324f170-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_number-of-films-nicolas-cage-appeared-in_female-editors-on-harvard-law-review.png.cf.jpg

1bbd1810-e011-11e3-ab49-4d155847e5b1_divorce-rate-in-maine_per-capita-consumption-of-margarine-us.png.cf.jpg

4de55d70-e011-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_mozzarella-vs-civil-engineering.png.cf.jpg

Not difficult to read at all, however they don't tell you anything.

I am really sorry that you have a learning disability. Perhaps you should seek help.

Forum List

Back