Hotel pools linked to many disease outbreaks

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - Here is something to think about before jumping into the pool on your next vacation. Hotel pools and hot tubs are breeding grounds for waterborne diseases.

You wouldn't catch me dead going into one of these piss pods where ppl piss and crap in them. Glad I never swam in this bs.

Last edited:
It's the heat which creates the bacteria...humans just spread it.

And if you hold the proper chemical levels it's not a problem.
I took care of my parents pool growing up for years and I maintained my own pool for years until we made enough money to have it done.
Ya, that was me too. I did all the matenance and every one wondered why I wanted to get rid of it! This kinda pissed me off to no end especialy considering there was a large lake just about 50 paces away that I did not have to clean!

I took care of my parents pool growing up for years and I maintained my own pool for years until we made enough money to have it done.
Did you have fifty people a day peeing in it?

If they are testing the water frequently enough you can still overcome bacteria and viruses.
Do a search on public pools and their proper maintenance and testing schedules.
Testing should be done several times a day in extreme circumstances.

NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - Here is something to think about before jumping into the pool on your next vacation. Hotel pools and hot tubs are breeding grounds for waterborne diseases.

You wouldn't catch me dead going into one of these piss pods where ppl piss and crap in them. Glad I never swam in this bs.
Better watch those ice bins too! Hotels are a great place to get sick!

Ya, that was me too. I did all the matenance and every one wondered why I wanted to get rid of it! This kinda pissed me off to no end especialy considering there was a large lake just about 50 paces away that I did not have to clean!

I'll never have a pool again.
I havent been in mine for at least a year.
If it wasnt an in ground pool I would have tossed it years ago. Now I see it as a money pit that ya cant get rid of.

If it wasnt an in ground pool I would have tossed it years ago. Now I see it as a money pit that ya cant get rid of.
I some times feel the same way about my boat today! You would have thought I would have learned from my pool. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I never bought a house with a pool. I would have been stuck doing it again. Just like feeding the dog and cat. They always know who cares enough to do it and do it right! They are the ones that get stuck with it!

If they are testing the water frequently enough you can still overcome bacteria and viruses.
I know all about it I did it for thirty years...But if they are as swell are you maintain then they would have no problems, yet they do.

Seriously?

I some times feel the same way about my boat today! You would have thought I would have learned from my pool. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I never bought a house with a pool. I would have been stuck doing it again. Just like feeding the dog and cat. They always know who cares enough to do it and do it right! They are the ones that get stuck with it!

Sold my third boat a few years ago.......now I miss it.
Replaced it with a Polaris General.

Seriously?

I know all about it I did it for thirty years...But if they are as swell are you maintain then they would have no problems, yet they do.

And there you have it....slack maintenance.

And there you have it....slack maintenance.
And humans again are the problem.

Sold my third boat a few years ago.......now I miss it.
Replaced it with a Polaris General.
I have an old bass master. I am actually going to get of my ass and go get it it out of storage right now and then steal my buddies son to go fishing! Evenflow has gone fishing. Never mind I am going to steal my buddies son and he can help get the boat ready! Evenflow has now gone fishing! I hope you have a great evening!

Forum List

Back