Hot Stove

Rumor has it that the Sox might shop Josh Beckett depending on how contract extension negotiations go.

Beckett is going to want CC money I think and I see the Red Sox offering him 16-18 mill a year.

Aren't AJ and Beckett really good friends? Imagine that possibility if the beckett turns down the red sox offer. lol

never gonna happen most likely

Rumor has it that the Sox might shop Josh Beckett depending on how contract extension negotiations go.

How do you feel about that?

To me its a disaster for Boston.

The talk here is either Damon or Matsui is going, probaly godzilla.

Who DH's?

I have a feeling Yankees will wind up signing Holliday...they can then move maybe swisher to the DH spot or Damon who has the weakest arm.

As much as I love Matsui and he defines class and pride...he is old and knees are shot and can't play the field. He is going to want a lot of money. Unless he is willing to do a 1 or 2 year deal at like 6-7 mill a pop I would let him go

Phillies sign Palacno to a three year deal and the Red Sox sign Scutaro to a 2 year deal.

I will not be purchasing a Scutaro jersey.

Phillies sign Palacno to a three year deal and the Red Sox sign Scutaro to a 2 year deal.

I will not be purchasing a Scutaro jersey.

:lol: I knew it wouldn't be long until the OLD Phillies front office showed its face!

Is Ed Wade back up in the front office and they never told us?

WTF, Polanco??

I suppose it's fitting. The Sixers brought back Iverson, and the Phils are bringing back Polanco. Hey, maybe Mike Schmidt wants to get in on this too!

We could bring back Juan Samuel!

So he will play out of postion, or they will move utley.

Neither a good idea.

Oh, he's definitely playing 3rd. They wouldn't move Utley to 3rd.

Polanco has played a little 3rd base, but it's not his natural position.

We're overpaying him too, which is the worst part of this deal. I would have rather had Beltre or Figgins.

But, of course we're apparently going to be cheap about it and get the worst alternative there was. I would have even rather had Pedro back and signed him for less than the option would have been. That was a possibility.

The only good part about this is Polanco makes contact, and that's something that was lacking from Pedro. Now we get a .300 hitter who won't strike out or hit into DP's.

But if his glove ends up a liability at 3rd, he very well could give up the extra offense that he might provide and it would be a zero sum transaction in the end production wise, with more money spent.

I don't like this at all, but I'll be the first to praise it if it goes well :lol:

mariners on the verge of signing chone figgins it seems

Yeah, 4 for 36 mil.

We signed Polanco 3 for 18 mil. And Polanco is closer to being beyond his prime than Figgins, too. So we get one less year on a guy who's best days may very well already be behind him, and only save 3 mil per year as opposed to Figgins.

This is what I consider to be petty ass CHEAPSKATERY.

This would be a pretty huge deal if it goes down:

Sources: Yanks have discussed big trade — 10:46 p.m.
This would be a blockbuster.

The Yankees, Diamondbacks and Tigers have discussed a three-way trade that would send Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson to New York and right-hander Edwin Jackson to Arizona, major-league sources say.

The talks are at an impasse, according to one source. The proposed deal is being pushed by the D-Backs, but was rejected by at least one of the two other teams, the source says.

While trade talks are fluid and the names involved could change, sources say the following scenario is under discussion:

• The Yankees would receive Granderson from the Tigers and one or two prospects from the Diamondbacks.

• The Diamondbacks would get Jackson from the Tigers and right-hander Ian Kennedy from the Yankees.

• The Tigers would get right-hander Max Scherzer from the Diamondbacks, and center fielder Austin Jackson and left-handed relievers Phil Coke and Michael Dunn from the Yankees. -- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi

LIVE: Follow the winter meetings in Indy - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

This better be to make room for Adrian Gonzalez and not Adrian Beltre ...

INDIANAPOLIS - If this is, indeed, the end of the road for Mike Lowell in Boston, remember him as one of the classiest individuals to ever don a Red Sox uniform.

If Lowell is dealt for 25-year-old Rangers catcher Max Ramirez, as reported late last night by Fox Sports, the Sox likely would have to eat a good part of Lowell’s $12 million salary, which likely would require approval from the Commissioner’s Office, since Boston would be picking up more than $1 million of the salary. The Rangers also are going to be studying Lowell’s medical records, which may not be pretty.

Boston Red Sox - Lowell going, going, gone? - The Boston Globe

This better be to make room for Adrian Gonzalez and not Adrian Beltre ...

INDIANAPOLIS - If this is, indeed, the end of the road for Mike Lowell in Boston, remember him as one of the classiest individuals to ever don a Red Sox uniform.

If Lowell is dealt for 25-year-old Rangers catcher Max Ramirez, as reported late last night by Fox Sports, the Sox likely would have to eat a good part of Lowell’s $12 million salary, which likely would require approval from the Commissioner’s Office, since Boston would be picking up more than $1 million of the salary. The Rangers also are going to be studying Lowell’s medical records, which may not be pretty.

Boston Red Sox - Lowell going, going, gone? - The Boston Globe

Who would you rather have, Polanco or Beltre?

Forum List

Back