Hot Stove

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!

Red Sox Acquire Jeremy Hermida: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Hermida, 25, has hit .265/.344/.425 in almost 2,000 career plate appearances, which is not what many had in mind for the guy Baseball America once ranked as the fourth best prospect in baseball. He earned $2.25MM in 2009, and still has two more years of arbitration eligibility ahead of him.

The 25-year-old Jones got his first taste of the big leagues in 2009, when he put up a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings. He spent most of the year in Triple-A, where he held lefties to a .206 AVG against. Alvarez, 20, spent 2009 in Class-A ball, where he put up a 2.26 ERA in 26 games (12 start).

Meet the new Rocco Baldelli ...

and Paulie I agree...

Hamels will be a star just give him time..the guy is 25 and just had a baby...who knows what was on hid mind.

I laugh at people who say trade him...I'll gladly take him lol.

Also, to the rest of the non yankee fans

Did you guys die a little inside when Mariano said he might play for another 5 years :) lol

That doesn't bother me ... the Red Sox can get to Mo.

eh..i'd like to see the numbers over the past few years...I'm sure we can all remember the games Mo blew but won't remember how many times Mo shut the door on the sox

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!

Red Sox Acquire Jeremy Hermida: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Hermida, 25, has hit .265/.344/.425 in almost 2,000 career plate appearances, which is not what many had in mind for the guy Baseball America once ranked as the fourth best prospect in baseball. He earned $2.25MM in 2009, and still has two more years of arbitration eligibility ahead of him.

The 25-year-old Jones got his first taste of the big leagues in 2009, when he put up a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings. He spent most of the year in Triple-A, where he held lefties to a .206 AVG against. Alvarez, 20, spent 2009 in Class-A ball, where he put up a 2.26 ERA in 26 games (12 start).

Meet the new Rocco Baldelli ...

lol...I hope they made that move because they don't expect to keep Bay :)

and Paulie I agree...

Hamels will be a star just give him time..the guy is 25 and just had a baby...who knows what was on hid mind.

I laugh at people who say trade him...I'll gladly take him lol.

Also, to the rest of the non yankee fans

Did you guys die a little inside when Mariano said he might play for another 5 years :) lol

That doesn't bother me ... the Red Sox can get to Mo.

eh..i'd like to see the numbers over the past few years...I'm sure we can all remember the games Mo blew but won't remember how many times Mo shut the door on the sox

His ERA is a CH under 4 and he's 12/14 in save opportunities against Boston since 2006.

Mo stats vs the Red Sox

Games- 95
HR- 7
K's- 102
BA- .241
OBP- .305
OPS- .640
ERA- 2.91
WHIP- 1.058

Mo has the largest ERA with Anaheim at 3.56 then Baltimore at 3.20

Mo stats vs the Red Sox

Games- 95
HR- 7
K's- 102
BA- .241
OBP- .305
OPS- .640
ERA- 2.91
WHIP- 1.058

When you take the full body of work his numbers are great. When you look at his recent numbers against the Sox he's been hittable.

Mo stats vs the Red Sox

Games- 95
HR- 7
K's- 102
BA- .241
OBP- .305
OPS- .640
ERA- 2.91
WHIP- 1.058

When you take the full body of work his numbers are great. When you look at his recent numbers against the Sox he's been hittable.

Just looking at era's because I didn't want to do so much research over this.

2009- 2.84
2008- 1.23
2007- 7era (also his worst year pitching with a 3.6 era and only 30 saves)
2006- 1.86
2005- 1.86

The red sox have definately done better with Mo then most teams...but my point is he has shut the door a lot more then you have beat him...it's just the blown saves that we remember

Angels resign Bobby Abreu

2 years

19 mill

He earned it and then some. How many teams are kicking themselves for not signing him to last year? Anaheim got him for 5 fuggin' million ...

On his own, he's a good player.

I don't know much about him since he left Philly, but he was a cancer in our clubhouse. There was a time when he'd put the leather to good use, '05 gold glove, but all I ever remember about him was doing everything he could to avoid having to give up the body to make a catch. Very lackadaisical in the outfield. I remember a game when he alligator armed on a foul territory catch, so to speak, running towards the wall.

Maybe he just never fit in a TEAM aspect. IDK.

Soon as he left, we almost immediately began to make a real run at the division. '06, when we missed the WC by THAT MUCH.

My Phils recap:

Opt out on Pedro Feliz, pick up Chone Figgins to replace. Might even save us some money!

Trade Victorino while he's got the value he has, maybe we can get something good for the bullpen. He's a gold glove center fielder who hits .300 and steals 30 bases. He's PERFECT trade bait, and we pick up Ankiel as a FA to replace him.

Little bit lower batting avg, but otherwise similar numbers. And just as good a glove, if not better. Obviously we lose Vic's stolen bases there, but Figgins replaces Vic's speed and also moves Rollins out of the lead-off position where he doesn't belong to begin with.

Brandon Webb is a FA. Does Arizona pick up the option??? HMMMMMMMMM.

In a perfect world, this all works out and we make every move. Barring an unhealthy roster through the season, we reach the WS again and possibly could beat NY this time.

What's up with Lee, Webb, Hamels??? :lol:

Last edited:
The Diamondbacks exercised their $8.5MM club option on pitcher Brandon Webb, according to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert (via Twitter). The Arizona Republic's Nick Piecoro has comments from Webb and D'Backs GM Josh Byrnes.

The Diamondbacks exercised their $8.5MM club option on pitcher Brandon Webb, according to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert (via Twitter). The Arizona Republic's Nick Piecoro has comments from Webb and D'Backs GM Josh Byrnes.

Fuck.

Ok, Rich Harden, John Lackey. Maybe Sheets, he could be picked up for cheap considering the injury, but he's supposed to be ready for Spring.

I like Erik Bedard too. He's not a bad #3 to fill out our current rotation.

Happ #4, Blanton #5.

The question is, does a big namer want to sign a contract to pitch in our "bandbox"? Maybe so if they see us using our revenue correctly, a la NY.

Last edited:
Angels resign Bobby Abreu

2 years

19 mill

He earned it and then some. How many teams are kicking themselves for not signing him to last year? Anaheim got him for 5 fuggin' million ...

On his own, he's a good player.

I don't know much about him since he left Philly, but he was a cancer in our clubhouse. There was a time when he'd put the leather to good use, '05 gold glove, but all I ever remember about him was doing everything he could to avoid having to give up the body to make a catch. Very lackadaisical in the outfield. I remember a game when he alligator armed on a foul territory catch, so to speak, running towards the wall.

Maybe he just never fit in a TEAM aspect. IDK.

Soon as he left, we almost immediately began to make a real run at the division. '06, when we missed the WC by THAT MUCH.
It was the same in NY, he was poisoning Cano & Melky, and feared going near the walls.

NY couldn't wait to be rid of that jerk.

He will wear out his welcome in California sooner or later.

Forum List

Back