Hot Flash! Men May Be the Cause of Menopause

I hate to break it to you guys, but we're the chicken and they're the egg.

It's all about the girlie naughty bits.

The Blood of Eden...

Last edited by a moderator:
And for a brief interjection of brevity... I present, the Go-Go's:

Multi-ovulating babes... with guitars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHbLIEaZl_Y]Go Go's - Vacation - Live In Central Park - May 15, 2001 - YouTube[/ame]

Why am I not surprised?

Ladies, here's one more thing you can blame on men: menopause. At least, that's according to a new theory.

Women go through menopause because men have consistently preferred younger women in recent evolutionary history, according to a study published today (June 13) in the journal PLOS Computational Biology.Thus, menopause is not evolutionarily advantageous and may be the result of a series of random, harmful mutations that accumulated in women but weren't acted on by evolution because the women had already reproduced by the time the mutations affected them.

"Our first assumption is that mating in humans is not random with respect to age, which means men of all ages prefer to mate with younger women," said study co-author Rama Singh, an evolutionary biologist at McMaster University in Canada. "If mating is with younger women, any deleterious mutations which affect women's reproduction later in life will accumulate because they are not being acted on by natural selection."

of course it's our fault

having checks but still out of money
still having a credit card, but no one takes it
wrinkles
grey hair
sagging boobs
your fat

ALLLLL out fault

triple negged, iggy, taken off iggy just to be put back on iggy and negged again.

Hey men...are you feeling unloved, inadequate and disrespected? Truth is... one thing men absolutely hate in women but need themselves is... constant affirmation. If they can't get it from the wife they will find it elsewhere.

Since men are visual (and shallow) they think attention from a pretty young thing means they have worth. Men tie worth to sex (being wanted and desired). So, If you aren't "desired" you have no worth in a man's eye. Next...

Why am I not surprised?

Ladies, here's one more thing you can blame on men: menopause. At least, that's according to a new theory.

Women go through menopause because men have consistently preferred younger women in recent evolutionary history, according to a study published today (June 13) in the journal PLOS Computational Biology.Thus, menopause is not evolutionarily advantageous and may be the result of a series of random, harmful mutations that accumulated in women but weren't acted on by evolution because the women had already reproduced by the time the mutations affected them.

"Our first assumption is that mating in humans is not random with respect to age, which means men of all ages prefer to mate with younger women," said study co-author Rama Singh, an evolutionary biologist at McMaster University in Canada. "If mating is with younger women, any deleterious mutations which affect women's reproduction later in life will accumulate because they are not being acted on by natural selection."

of course it's our fault

having checks but still out of money
still having a credit card, but no one takes it
wrinkles
grey hair
sagging boobs
your fat

ALLLLL out fault

triple negged, iggy, taken off iggy just to be put back on iggy and negged again.

There are remedies for gray hair, wrinkles,weight gain and sagging boobs. None of which you need a man to acquire. :eusa_angel:

I have the ability to support myself, have my own money and credit cards. If I want something I go and get it myself. So, the flip is true in this situation , by alienating half the population of women, men have made themselves unnecessary.

I say bring on the menopause...bring it even earlier even. It cramps my style.

Yeah umm no. It's a rssult of age 'aka' the process of dying.

Oh, please! There are women in my family who lived 50 years and more beyond menopause!

Just because you're no longer able to procreate has nothing to do with being able to LIVE and for a good, long time.

But I don't think menopause is men's fault. If men are attracted to younger women because they're often...well, more attractive. And the reason for that is so the human race will continue.

Imagine if men had always been naturally attracted to postmenopausal women. The human species would probably be pretty low in numbers by now. : )

Oh please yes life is a cycle and you're going to die. Deal with it.

I'm not denying the inevibility of death. I'm saying that just because a woman has passed through menopause doesn't necessarily mean that death is imminent.

Last edited:
Oh heavens...let's not rush the dying thing!!!!!

Menopause means death???!?!? I really don't want to think that way. I truly want to believe there is life after menopause!!!!!

Forum List

Back