Hostage situation in Australia....

Sydney barrister Katrina Dawson has been confirmed as the 38-year-old woman who was tragically killed during the siege at the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Martin Place.

The mother of three and rising star at the commercial bar was one of two hostages who was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital after an exchange of gunfire just after 2am on Tuesday.

1418682717449.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-siege-ends-barrister-katrina-dawson-confirmed-as-38yearold-woman-killed-in-martin-place-20141215-127ww8.html
Rip and prayers out to family friends.

Tragic day for Sydney.........tragic day for Australia

This shows that the cancer of Islamic terrorism knows no frontiers.

No matter how long it takes...... these bloody jihadists will be defeated!

My heart goes to the victims and their families.
There is a certain innocence that was lost yesterday with it a reason to grieve, to heal and to defeat these bastards.

Sydney barrister Katrina Dawson has been confirmed as the 38-year-old woman who was tragically killed during the siege at the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Martin Place.

The mother of three and rising star at the commercial bar was one of two hostages who was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital after an exchange of gunfire just after 2am on Tuesday.

1418682717449.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-siege-ends-barrister-katrina-dawson-confirmed-as-38yearold-woman-killed-in-martin-place-20141215-127ww8.html
Rip and prayers out to family friends.
Very sad

No Cookies Perth Now
THE manager of the Lindt cafe who was fatally shot in the Martin Place siege is being praised as a hero, responsible for allowing others trapped in the cafe to escape.

Tori Johnson, 34, was wrestling a gun from hostage-taker Man Haron Monis when he was killed.

It is understood the cafe manager decided to take action when the hostage-taker begun to doze off after the siege had been ongoing for 17 hours.

He lunged at the gunman’s weapon, enabling others to flee.

718007-d4301df8-84ac-11e4-917d-bf0f063a4996.jpg

Rip and prayers out to family and friends

No Cookies Perth Now
THE manager of the Lindt cafe who was fatally shot in the Martin Place siege is being praised as a hero, responsible for allowing others trapped in the cafe to escape.

Tori Johnson, 34, was wrestling a gun from hostage-taker Man Haron Monis when he was killed.

It is understood the cafe manager decided to take action when the hostage-taker begun to doze off after the siege had been ongoing for 17 hours.

it is a hero like that

that would have used a firearm to end the situation

if he would have been trusted by his government to carry one

No Cookies Perth Now

Heroic. He saved many lives today. God Bless him.

No Cookies Perth Now

it is a hero like that

Why does this thread have to digress into a proxy for a gun control debate? If there were no islamic nutjobs then this would not have taken place.

It falls into gun control because our democrat politicians use Australia as an example of what they want to do here....this event demonstrates that if a violent criminal wants a gun...they can even get it in Australia....

No Cookies Perth Now

it is a hero like that

Why does this thread have to digress into a proxy for a gun control debate? If there were no islamic nutjobs then this would not have taken place.

self defense is always at issue

whether it be a thug on the street late at night

or a jihadist starting shit in a cafe

No Cookies Perth Now

it is a hero like that

*sigh*

No Cookies Perth Now

it is a hero like that

*sigh*

ditto

Look, you guys have been lucky...real lucky....you shouldn't use that as an excuse to think you are in a superior position on gun violence.....one day....you are going to be very unlucky....

Here you go 8236...I believe that the internet has found a story meeting your question....

Smoke Shop Employee Smokes Armed Robber - Bearing Arms

An apparent attempt at armed robbery in Las Cruces, New Mexico, ended with the armed intruder DRT (dead right there) on the floor, and police looking for answers:

Shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday, Las Cruces Police were called to the D.C.P.S. Smoke Shop at 1025 S. Solano Drive. Upon arrival officers found a man on the floor, inside the store, with gunshot wounds, an LCPD news release stated.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Detectives learned that the deceased man was armed with a gun when he entered the store and was shot by an employee, the release stated.

Additional news accounts suggest that the deceased, 24-year-old Luciano Acuna, had his face partially covered with a mask when he was shot.

The employee who shot Acuna struck him in the head with one fatal bullet in a volley of shots.

It does not appear that Acuna managed to fire any shots of his own.

Question:

Was this guy an Australian citizen ?

If not, with his past history, why was he allowed to stay ?
PC=Pussy communists!!!!

Australia has gone "liberal'.

We have our fair bloody share of those that's for sure!! But we keep up the good fight!!

Greg
Out there in the middle of nowhere, I can't believe you people aren't required to keep a military weapon, 1,000 rounds, a train once a year.

Hell, whole jetliners disappear off your coast and not a trace is found.

Aliens could have colonies out in the outback, and nobody would know.

; - )

We are the most urbanised nation on earth. When I go to the "middle of nowhere" I have access to a weapon. Haven't seen many aliens of late.

Greg

Of course you haven't seen them.
You haven't seen that missing jet either.
Coincidence???
I think not!
; - )

Aliens took our jet?? lol. The crash zone is a fair way out. care to hazard a guess?

search area for mh370 - Google Search

What's 1000 miles from New York? That.s nearly half way across the Atlantic to the original "maybe" zone. A little known fact: my home state is six times the size of Texas. And we aren't the biggest. We aren't like Europe and the Mediterranean!!

Greg

I heard on a news station that the jerk was from Iran----but
nothing else----either he was born in Iran or spent some time
there (as far as I know) It does not even seem to be
clear that he is a muslim?? No relatives noted so far,
anyone got more?

That's what I heard too. He doesn't have an Iranian name for sure. That leads me to believe he's an Arab, Pakistani, or Afghan Iranian. Iranian is a Shi'ite majority country and there's no way a Shi'ite would be waving an ISIS flag, the same people that are slaughtering and beheading Shi'ites in Iraq and Syria.

I keep wondering when and if any western nations are going to wake up and say, "no more Muslims," then kick out all newer arrivals.
The only western nation that did take a stance was Serbia and they were unfairly painted by NATO as the bad guys. Because of NATO's involvement, there's now a Muslim nation (Kosovo) in the west and it will continue to expand without the peoples standing up and pushing them and sympathetic politicians, out.

He changed his name. It was Mohammad Hassan Manteghi, born in Iran in 1964.

anyone got more?

That's what I heard too. He doesn't have an Iranian name for sure. That leads me to believe he's an Arab, Pakistani, or Afghan Iranian. Iranian is a Shi'ite majority country and there's no way a Shi'ite would be waving an ISIS flag, the same people that are slaughtering and beheading Shi'ites in Iraq and Syria.

He changed his name. It was Mohammad Hassan Manteghi, born in Iran in 1964.

anyone got more?

Thanks. Just asked some of my Iranian friends. Apparently he became a Sunni and changed his name. What a friggin nutjob.

Forum List

Back