horrible crash on i 40...church bus...dead and injuried

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
The are saying Front street baptist church....out of statesville nc....8 dead...more injured...

on the news now.....the bus caught on fire....

a tractor trailer was involved

This has been the #1 thing in the news where I am because the crash was just 20-30 miles away from me.

God bless you and every impacted family always!!!

Holly

The are saying Front street baptist church....out of statesville nc....8 dead...more injured...

I know this stretch of I-40...
The lanes are separated by about 60 feet of median. There is no guard rail or cable.
The preliminary investigation stated the bus's left front tire had a catastrophic failure.
The bus driver lost control of the vehicle. The bus crossed the median, striking a vehicle before crashing into the truck portion of a tractor trailer.
Here's the messed up part of this..
The absence of any restraint or barrier in the median.
It angers me that whatever government agency is in charge, came up with the '50 ft' regulation. That means medians on multi-lane roads built to interstate standards are required ONLY if the median is less than 50 feet in width.
That is CRIMINAL..
Those people are dead because of government hacks looking to save a buck.

I'd never ride a tour bus. Take a gander though new archives and see how many end up crashed with people dead.

I know this stretch of I-40...
The lanes are separated by about 60 feet of median. There is no guard rail or cable.
The preliminary investigation stated the bus's left front tire had a catastrophic failure.
The bus driver lost control of the vehicle. The bus crossed the median, striking a vehicle before crashing into the truck portion of a tractor trailer.
Here's the messed up part of this..
The absence of any restraint or barrier in the median.
It angers me that whatever government agency is in charge, came up with the '50 ft' regulation. That means medians on multi-lane roads built to interstate standards are required ONLY if the median is less than 50 feet in width.
That is CRIMINAL..
Those people are dead because of government hacks looking to save a buck.

You still would have had a bus striking a median if it was in place, which may have been almost as bad or even worse. 60 ft is a pretty large gap between lanes of opposite direction traffic.

Forum List

Back