Hope&Change Update: Obama gives corp contributor $25 Million “no-bid sweetheart deal.

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Hope&Change Update: Obama gives corp contributor $25 Million “no-bid sweetheart deal.”

Obama breaks campaign promise to end “Bush’s no-bid sweetheart deals.”

Despite President Obama’s long history of criticizing the Bush administration for “sweetheart deals” with favored contractors, the Obama administration this month awarded a $25 million federal contract for work in Afghanistan to a company owned by a Democratic campaign contributor without entertaining competitive bids, Fox News has learned.

The contract, awarded on Jan. 4 to Checchi & Company Consulting, Inc., a Washington-based firm owned by economist and Democratic donor Vincent V. Checchi, will pay the firm $24,673,427 to provide “rule of law stabilization services” in war-torn Afghanistan.

A synopsis of the contract published on the USAID Web site says Checchi & Company will “train the next generation of legal professionals” throughout the Afghan provinces and thereby “develop the capacity of Afghanistan’s justice system to be accessible, reliable, and fair.”

The legality of the arrangement as a “sole source,” or no-bid, contract was made possible by virtue of a waiver signed by the USAID administrator. “They cancelled the open bid on this when they came to power earlier this year,” a source familiar with the federal contracting process told Fox News.

…

Federal campaign records show Checchi has been a frequent contributor to liberal and Democratic causes and candidates in recent years, including to Obama’s presidential campaign.

The records show Checchi has given at least $6,600 to Obama dating back to March 2007. The contractor has also made donations to various arms of the Democratic National Committee, to liberal activist groups like MoveOn.org and ActBlue, and to other party politicians like Sen. John F. Kerry, former presidential candidate John Edwards and former Connecticut Senate candidate Ned Lamont.

Well that is a whole lotta "change" no? Seriously though,less & less rational people are believing the Democrats' lies at this point. If this guy had an (R) by his name,the loons would already be screeching for Impeachment. The Liberal MSM is of course complicit in their corruption. If the guy had an (R) by his name,they too would be out for blood over this stuff. That's why less & less rational people trust them too. It's all just a sad Liberal scam. I do think more & more people are catching on though.

Well that is a whole lotta "change" no? Seriously though,less & less rational people are believing the Democrats' lies at this point. If this guy had an (R) by his name,the loons would already be screeching for Impeachment. The Liberal MSM is of course complicit in their corruption. If the guy had an (R) by his name,they too would be out for blood over this stuff. That's why less & less rational people trust them too. It's all just a sad Liberal scam. I do think more & more people are catching on though.

If this guy had an (R) after his name then the MSM would never have allowed this inexperienced radical to get past the first caucus

I am not upset about the issuing of no-bid contracts.. sometimes it is a necessity...

What I will be upset about is the Obamabots will not have the same reaction to his no-bid contracts as they did to Bush's

I'm with Mr. Fitnah on this one. While I agree this was possibly not the way to handle this contract, if you Reps insist on no one being able to bring up old news about Bush, then you need to stick with the theme. Otherwise, you simply look hypocritical.

This administration is falling apart. I'll let people decide for themselves whether that's a good thing or a bad thing for our country. Hmm?

I'm with Mr. Fitnah on this one. While I agree this was possibly not the way to handle this contract, if you Reps insist on no one being able to bring up old news about Bush, then you need to stick with the theme. Otherwise, you simply look hypocritical.

Hypocrisy,if you read the article, comes from the most highest Papa Obama

Pointing it out as part of the false claim of hope and change is just reality
:eusa_angel:

New Topics

Forum List

Back