Honestly folks how did we let this happen?

Or more so, how did it happen.

1. The NSA is spying on people with out warrant in violation of the COTUS.

2. We are assassinating people with out due process using predator drones some of them US citizens.

3. Changing law though executive fiat.

Now, it doesn't matter when or who started this but this is where we are at, how did we let this happen?

I'll tell you how it happened from my stand point of view.

Instead of people caring what is going on in government, they care more about which party is doing it. Its partisan BS where one party fervently defends whoever is in office instead of speaking against what is happening.

I see it with vacations and money spent, I see it with the wire tapping, extreme rendition, etc.

When it only is "wrong" depending on which party is doing it, we miss the true issue, if its wrong with X then it was wrong with Z&Y.

Stop defending your chosen party and speak against the people WE PAY instead of defending them for the sake of freaking party.

CaféAuLait;8806796 said:
Or more so, how did it happen.

1. The NSA is spying on people with out warrant in violation of the COTUS.

2. We are assassinating people with out due process using predator drones some of them US citizens.

3. Changing law though executive fiat.

Now, it doesn't matter when or who started this but this is where we are at, how did we let this happen?

I'll tell you how it happened from my stand point of view.

Instead of people caring what is going on in government, they care more about which party is doing it. Its partisan BS where one party fervently defends whoever is in office instead of speaking against what is happening.

I see it with vacations and money spent, I see it with the wire tapping, extreme rendition, etc.

When it only is "wrong" depending on which party is doing it, we miss the true issue, if its wrong with X then it was wrong with Z&Y.

Stop defending your chosen party and speak against the people WE PAY instead of defending them for the sake of freaking party.

I think you hit the nail on the head pretty well. Reading the replies there are actually people that defend these practices. Who is the biggest risk to world peace today? Putin? Are we going to defend ourselves against him with a drone? No, we pick on those who can't defend themselves, from drones, then wonder why their ilk set off bombs during marathons. We spy on US citizens. Obama changes laws by excutive fiat. We really are spieling down the toilet drain.

And what? Is that a yes I do, so what, or is that a no?

And what is the relevance of the observation? What conclusion do you draw from that? Clearly we have enough domestic oil for defense, so what difference does your statement make? My questioned seemed perfectly clear the first time.

That it is of such vital interest to the US that even lily livered, peacenik, appeaser President Jimmy Carter was willing to go to the mattresses over it.

First, you're going in circles.

Second, why do I care what Jimmy Carter "said?" He said a lot of things, I called him "jello knees" for his follow through.

Even more basic, I can't figure out why I would possibly care about Jimmy Carter's policies at all.

Military court or special court, not just the CIA.

I think we're a victim of our own success. You're a good guy, freewill, but I think you've lost touch with the reality of the world we live in.

The reality is that the world is hating the US for what we have done. At least that is my opinion. You need to read an article on how they target suspected "terrorists." They pay someone a large sum of money, for them, to plant a tracking device on the car or location of the suspect. How else could they target someone? So that person doesn't like someone, let the US take them out. That may be what happened to the young 16 year old boy that the US killed, apparently, according to Gibbs, because he had a bad father. Which is one of the sickest things I ever heard to excuse a killing of an innocent boy.

I said I'm against targeting Americans without due process when we are not in a Constitutional war, which is a war conducted for defense. I just consider it a preposterous standard to want a trial, civilian or military, to target them if they are on foreign land assisting the enemy during an actual war.

Forum List

Back