Homeowner with a gun holds burglar till police arrive, no shots fired, no one shot...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is another myth breaking encounter between an armed American citizen and a criminal...the criminal did not disarm the gun owner, the gun owner did not shoot the suspect, he simply held him till police arrived, and the police did not shoot the law abiding gun owner......

the anti gunners can't lie fast enough...

Concealed Carry holder holds robbery suspect at gunpoint

A Grayson County man is behind bars after allegedly breaking into a residence in Edmonson County.

The Edmonson County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Robert Hunt was held at gunpoint by the homeowner until deputies arrived to the house on E.G. Nash Road.

The homeowner was a Concealed/Carry Deadly Weapons permit holder according to a sheriff's deputy that says in situations like that, it's important to alert police to ensure everyone's safety.

"Once you call police, if you're actually going to hold that suspect at gun point you need to let dispatch know. Go ahead and give a description of yourself, so we know once we get on scene who the actual conceal carry holder is and who actualy is the suspect," said Deputy Jordan Jones with the Edmonson County Sheriff's Office.

Great. He's one of the 3% that end up that way.

Gun self defense in the U.S.....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

You still haven't answered the basic question....is it better that a woman is raped, tortured and murdered instead of being able to use a gun to stop it?

An argument against limitation on ammunition capacity. Would you want your loved one to have had less than x6, even x10 rounds in her defense pistol (As in NY)? NOT ME

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Yes. That is an impressive number, but it's just raw numbers. The most recent reports show only 3% of the time a guy with a gun stops a criminal with a gun in commission of a crime.

A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the United States Between 2000 and 2013

You still haven't answered the basic question....is it better that a woman is raped, tortured and murdered instead of being able to use a gun to stop it?

Sorry,I don't answer questions that are that dumb. Of course, you being a gun nut, AND a RWNJ, I'm sure you will answer it for me and claim that's what I actually said.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Yes. That is an impressive number, but it's just raw numbers. The most recent reports show only 3% of the time a guy with a gun stops a criminal with a gun in commission of a crime.

Another Bloomberg funded stat?...

An argument against limitation on ammunition capacity. Would you want your loved one to have had less than x6, even x10 rounds in her defense pistol (As in NY)? NOT ME

Good story with a happy ending.

Can't get enough of these suicide by breaking and entering stories, assuming this one plays out that way.

Sorry,I don't answer questions that are that dumb. Of course, you being a gun nut, AND a RWNJ, I'm sure you will answer it for me and claim that's what I actually said.

That's a valid question fundamental to this debate. I would also like to hear an answer on this...

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Another Bloomberg funded stat?...

Read the link.

("gun lover") Is it possible to be a lover of freedom, self preservation and law and order? Can one simply appreciate that a firearm is merely an invaluable tool in the furtherance of these ideals?

Last edited:
Is it possible to be a lover of freedom, self preservation and law and order? Can one simply appreciate that a firearm is merely an invaluable tool in the furtherance of these ideals?

In the hands of an experienced, level headed and sober person, they certainly can be. Otherwise they are a danger to everyone on the street.

I'm from VT where more homes have guns than not; concealed carry, open carry, "vehicular carry" is more or less just assumed. Harkens back to the Cold War, the principle of MAD with Russia. Diametrically opposite of 'gun free zones'. While not perfect on gun related crime, many of us here have seen the light and feel safer with our law abiding citizens having arms. The same can't be said for criminals amongst us looking to prey on us. Just a thought & not an unprecedented one at that. History is replete with & has taught us what happens to its citizenry when neutered by its government. Look at Europe, South America, Africa for instance...

Last edited:

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

And of course, that is a stupid concept you keep putting out......98.5% of mass public shootings take place in legally mandated gun free zones for law abiding gun owners.....so when you take guns away from almost every public space, you don't get to then claim "See.....people with guns don't stop criminals with guns..."

You won't answer the question because you position is that yes....it is better that women are raped and murdered than they have the choice to stop it with a gun.....that is your position and you need to hide from the real world consequences.......

The OP tells us that there are 4,000 similar incidents every day! :)

No...41 years of actual research into Americans using guns for self defense shows this......and we also have this....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

You won't answer the question because you position is that yes....it is better that women are raped and murdered than they have the choice to stop it with a gun.....that is your position and you need to hide from the real world consequences.......

Yep, I called it, didn't I? You answered for me and claim that is my position. Good little gun nut.

Forum List

Back