Homeland Security Czar: Katrina Scenario Did Not Exist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Sep 4, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    which we all know is of course total bunk....

and CNN dismembers his lies...

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Truth to tell, the blame is not with the FEDS, FEMA, or the Army Corps of Engineers. I think many would have liked to have waited until the situation could have been brought under control before letting the 'analysis' begin, however as you have been noting, from David Brooks to CNN, the left has no such compunctions. Time to read what 'the plan' was and how it never left the paper stage. That fault lies where it should-with LA and NO:

http://junkyardblog.net/archives/week_2005_08_28.html#004751

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I notice no defense of Chertoff not knowing what the hell he was talking about.

I've already agreed the local and state folks bungled the response. Needless to say, the federal government is the all-agreed upon calvary, and the calvary took much longer than necessary to save the day.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Sorry Nato, there were foul-ups, always will be with anything of this magnitude, but Federal planning was obvious in the response. They could not have assumed that a state and municipality would be totally unprepared for a disaster that should have been planned for, especially with their plans filed with the fed. When the reality became glaringly obvious, as WAPO has noticed, the administration attempted to take over, LA governor has declined.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    To avoid tragedy, you must think tragically.

One thing I've learned from the miiltary is you expect all possible scenarios. Why did they not plan for the state and local authorities to be unprepared or incompetent?
    You can't just plan on a sunny side of events and go with it, regardless of what really happens. Shit, that's what got us in trouble in Iraq, and what got Clinton in trouble on numerous occasions in everywhere from Seattle (the anti-WTO protests) to Somalia.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Far be it from me to defend state authority. However, as I posted on another thread, change the constitution. Give all power to the Fed. (I'm not going to help with that.)