Home Depot customer with a concealed handgun opened fire on shoplifting suspect

Millions and millions of Concealed carry holders in this country and one of them, one, uses her gun in a manner that seems inappropriate to some, in which I might add, NO ONE was killed or injured, and the left wing morons here try to equate it to all CCW holders.

I hate progressives, they are the worst people ever.
Sounds like CCW classes need to be more comprehensive. But you would probably object to that, amirite?

No dumbass, that is exactly what I'm saying. You idiots blanket every CCW holder with a false accusation based on this one person, who really didn't do much that was wrong, really didn't harm anyone anyway, now you think it has to be more comprehensive. She's one out of millions. You are an idiot.

You dumb shit. My son is a police officer and carries when off duty. I've several friends who carry. You are a whining loser. You WANT liberals to bash all CCW holders so you can KEEP WHINING. Grow a pair, bitch.

Look idiot, your inability to understand what you read isn't my responsibility. Go away retard.

You have whined and whined....and nobody has equated all CCW holders with this stupid bitch.

including people that instruct the course.

She was wrong.

Irrelevant. It is not in any way shape or form indicative of the vast majority of CCW holders.

It is not in any way shape or form indicative of the vast majority of CCW holders.

I'm not referring to any CCW holder but her.

as in "She was wrong"

But you responded to my post which was all about how the left paints all CCW holders based on her.

You said: "uses her gun in a manner that seems inappropriate to some"

I said: "including people that instruct the course.

She was wrong"

Three CC instructors stated in the article that her actions were inappropriate.

I agree with them.

I was NOT painting all other CCW holders with the same brush.

Just her.

I didn't say you were, Jesus! I said your post was irrelevant to mine. The LEFT is painting us with a broad brush. You went off on a tangent.
:bang3:

Millions and millions of Concealed carry holders in this country and one of them, one, uses her gun in a manner that seems inappropriate to some, in which I might add, NO ONE was killed or injured, and the left wing morons here try to equate it to all CCW holders.

Sounds like CCW classes need to be more comprehensive. But you would probably object to that, amirite?

No dumbass, that is exactly what I'm saying. You idiots blanket every CCW holder with a false accusation based on this one person, who really didn't do much that was wrong, really didn't harm anyone anyway, now you think it has to be more comprehensive. She's one out of millions. You are an idiot.

You dumb shit. My son is a police officer and carries when off duty. I've several friends who carry. You are a whining loser. You WANT liberals to bash all CCW holders so you can KEEP WHINING. Grow a pair, bitch.
Correct.

This is yet another ridiculous lie from the right: that 'liberals' are 'hostile' to gun rights and 'hostile' to carrying concealed weapons, when in fact millions of 'liberals' own guns, carry guns, and support Second Amendment jurisprudence.

I carry a concealed firearm because it's my right to do so pursuant to the right of self-defense.

Period.

I don't need to 'justify' exercising a fundamental right with moronic lies and fallacies about 'gun free' zones, gun ownership 'decreasing' crime, or pathetic fantasies about persons carrying concealed firearms 'saving the day.'

or modifiy it
2 incidents posted so far

What should we do?

rescind a few million CCW permits because of their actions?

Seems like over kill to me.
Oh well, right? Unless it was your spawn caught in the cross fire and now looks like bloody Swiss cheese in the morgue, But you're OK with that, right? I mean they did go to class so they get a free pass! They were only practicing the 2nd amendment right afterall

Either get a magic wand, and wish all firearms away,

or

get a Constitutional Amendment passed to repeal the 2nd amendment.
or modify it so as to weed out all the nut jobs, vigilante, gunslingers bad eye sight ,unsteady hands, faux patriots all of that could be done without an amendment.
I guess you figure you ought to be the one to take guns away from all those "faux patriots" right.

It's easy.

check their voting records.

If they EVER voted for a Republican, no carry permit.

Sadly...the people killing everyone are democrats......they are majority minority shooters...and they vote democrat more than they vote republican...disarm democrats..they kill 8,145 people a year...

Stop Concealed Carry
www.stopconcealedcarry.org

Gun Facts
Suicides
  • More than half of all gun deaths in the U.S. each year are suicides. 1
  • More than half of all suicides in the U.S. each year are committed using guns. 1
  • Police and military personnel have higher rates of suicide than people who do not have guns, even though they have been trained in gun safety. Most military and police suicides are committed using guns. 10, 11
  • Suicide attempts using guns are more likely to be fatal than attempts made using other methods. 4
  • Homes with guns are five times more likely to experience the suicide of a household member than homes without guns. 3
  • Since 1965, more than half a million Americans have killed themselves using guns. 8
Gang and drive-by shootings
  • Nearly every day, several people in Illinois are the victims of shootings that are either known or suspected to be gang-related, and nearly every day at least one person dies in these shootings. 12
  • The victims of gang shootings are mostly young people but include people of all ages. 12
  • The victims of gang and drive-by shootings are frequently innocent people who have no connection to gangs.7
Accidental shootings
  • More than 1100 people are killed each year in gun accidents.8
  • Although many victims of accidental shootings are the gun users themselves, victims also include infants and family members of all ages, neighbors, and strangers.8
  • In other countries, governments require that guns be designed to reduce the number of accidental shootings. Safety features include indicators that a gun is loaded and guns that do not fire when dropped. But the pro-gun lobby in the U.S. has succeeded in preventing any agency of the federal government from working to make guns safer. The Consumer Products Safety Commission, which regulates nearly all other consumer products, has been prohibited by law from regulating gun safety.17
  • For every accidental firearm fatality, 13 people are treated in emergency rooms for non-fatal gunshot wounds.9
Domestic shootings
  • If there is a gun in a home, it is three times as likely that someone in the family will be murdered by a household member than if there is no gun in the home.13
Self-Defense
  • In nearly all reported instances when non-law enforcement people have tried to intervene in mass-shooting incidents, they have failed and have sometimes been shot themselves.22
  • A gun in the home is 11 times more likely to be used to attempt or commit a suicide than to be used in self-defense.2
The Second Amendment
  • Recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions say that states cannot totally prohibit people from owning guns. These decisions acknowledge that it is permissible for states to regulate gun ownership. However, there is nothing in any decision of the court or in the Constitution that prevents states from prohibiting people from carrying guns in public.19, 20
Guns outside the U.S.
  • Almost all other developed countries have fewer guns per capita, much lower rates of gun violence, and much tougher restrictions on guns than the U.S.8
  • Eighty six percent of all firearms deaths of children under 15 years of age in the industrialized world, excluding war zones, occurred in the U.S.14
Societal Costs of Guns
  • More than 30,000 Americans are shot to death each year, and twice as many suffer non-fatal injuries from gunshots.7
  • Fifteen percent of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. are from gunshots.7
  • Homicide is the leading cause of occupational death from injury for women, and the third leading cause for all workers. Guns are used in 75% of all occupational homicides.23
  • Since 1960, more Americans have been murdered by guns than were killed in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.8
  • In 2010, 56 police officers were killed in the line of duty, all but one with guns. Thirty eight were killed with handguns. Seven were killed with their own weapons.16
  • On average, the hospital expense of caring for a gunshot victim is more than $40,000.15
  • Gun violence costs the U.S. more than $100 billion annually.18
Concealed Carry
  • Sixty five percent of Illinois voters do not want people in our state to be allowed to carry concealed weapons.5
  • Crime has increased in states that allow people to carry concealed weapons.6
  • In the past five years in 32 states that allow people to carry concealed weapons, people who were legally permitted to carry weapons shot more than 508 people. Fourteen of the victims were law enforcement officers, and 109 were killed in 23 mass-shooting incidents.7
The Gun Lobby
  • The pro-gun lobby outspends the anti-gun-violence lobby 25 to 1.21
-------------------------------------------------------------

1. 1. Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
    2. Journal of Trauma, August, 1998
    3. New England Journal of Medicine, 1992
    4. American Journal of Public Health, 1988
    5. Mellman poll, March, 2011
    6. Stanford Law Review, 2003
    7. Violence Policy Center, Washington, DC
    8. Private Guns, Public Health, David Hemenway, 2004
    9. Journal of American Medical Association, Annest et al, 1995
    10. Community Officer Policing, US Department of Justice
    11. Army Times, 9/25/2012
    12. Tracking Homicides In Chicago, RedeyeChicago.com
    13. New England Journal of Medicine, 1997
    14. Every Handgun is Aimed at You, Josh Sugarman, 2001
    15. America and its Guns, James E. Atwood, 2012
    16. FBI Uniform Crime Reports
    17. Gun Violence in America, Alexander DeConde, 2001
    18. Gun Violence: The Real Costs, Cook and Ludwig, 2000
    19. District of Columbia v. Heller, US Supreme Court, 2008
    20. McDonald v. Chicago, US Supreme Court, 2010
    21. US News and World Report, 7/24/2012
    22. Mother Jones, 9/26/2012
    23. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 9/1995

Facts about the violence caused by concealed handguns.

this is crap. .....in 2013 the accidental gun death number was 505.... And it has been going down every year.....the stat on the tun in the home is a lie....kellerman used examples where two criminals "knew" each other to show gun violence in the home .....and the fact is alcohol abuse, drug abuse and a history of criminal activity and violence is what causes murder in the home, not the gun

but thanks for anti gun extremist talking points...all of them wrong, misleading or outright lies.......

typical of anti gunners.

Correct.

This is yet another ridiculous lie from the right: that 'liberals' are 'hostile' to gun rights and 'hostile' to carrying concealed weapons, when in fact millions of 'liberals' own guns, carry guns, and support Second Amendment jurisprudence.

I carry a concealed firearm because it's my right to do so pursuant to the right of self-defense.

Period.

I don't need to 'justify' exercising a fundamental right with moronic lies and fallacies about 'gun free' zones, gun ownership 'decreasing' crime, or pathetic fantasies about persons carrying concealed firearms 'saving the day.'

The 2008 Heller decision says it is your right. I think that is a faulty decision. Prior to that, there was no law that protected the individual's right to bear arms.

I have no issue with calling it a privilege which you and most Americans are entitled to. Just not all.

In time....this too will be corrected.

Stop Concealed Carry
www.stopconcealedcarry.org

Gun Facts
Suicides
  • More than half of all gun deaths in the U.S. each year are suicides. 1
  • More than half of all suicides in the U.S. each year are committed using guns. 1
  • Police and military personnel have higher rates of suicide than people who do not have guns, even though they have been trained in gun safety. Most military and police suicides are committed using guns. 10, 11
  • Suicide attempts using guns are more likely to be fatal than attempts made using other methods. 4
  • Homes with guns are five times more likely to experience the suicide of a household member than homes without guns. 3
  • Since 1965, more than half a million Americans have killed themselves using guns. 8
Gang and drive-by shootings
  • Nearly every day, several people in Illinois are the victims of shootings that are either known or suspected to be gang-related, and nearly every day at least one person dies in these shootings. 12
  • The victims of gang shootings are mostly young people but include people of all ages. 12
  • The victims of gang and drive-by shootings are frequently innocent people who have no connection to gangs.7
Accidental shootings
  • More than 1100 people are killed each year in gun accidents.8
  • Although many victims of accidental shootings are the gun users themselves, victims also include infants and family members of all ages, neighbors, and strangers.8
  • In other countries, governments require that guns be designed to reduce the number of accidental shootings. Safety features include indicators that a gun is loaded and guns that do not fire when dropped. But the pro-gun lobby in the U.S. has succeeded in preventing any agency of the federal government from working to make guns safer. The Consumer Products Safety Commission, which regulates nearly all other consumer products, has been prohibited by law from regulating gun safety.17
  • For every accidental firearm fatality, 13 people are treated in emergency rooms for non-fatal gunshot wounds.9
Domestic shootings
  • If there is a gun in a home, it is three times as likely that someone in the family will be murdered by a household member than if there is no gun in the home.13
Self-Defense
  • In nearly all reported instances when non-law enforcement people have tried to intervene in mass-shooting incidents, they have failed and have sometimes been shot themselves.22
  • A gun in the home is 11 times more likely to be used to attempt or commit a suicide than to be used in self-defense.2
The Second Amendment
  • Recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions say that states cannot totally prohibit people from owning guns. These decisions acknowledge that it is permissible for states to regulate gun ownership. However, there is nothing in any decision of the court or in the Constitution that prevents states from prohibiting people from carrying guns in public.19, 20
Guns outside the U.S.
  • Almost all other developed countries have fewer guns per capita, much lower rates of gun violence, and much tougher restrictions on guns than the U.S.8
  • Eighty six percent of all firearms deaths of children under 15 years of age in the industrialized world, excluding war zones, occurred in the U.S.14
Societal Costs of Guns
  • More than 30,000 Americans are shot to death each year, and twice as many suffer non-fatal injuries from gunshots.7
  • Fifteen percent of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. are from gunshots.7
  • Homicide is the leading cause of occupational death from injury for women, and the third leading cause for all workers. Guns are used in 75% of all occupational homicides.23
  • Since 1960, more Americans have been murdered by guns than were killed in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.8
  • In 2010, 56 police officers were killed in the line of duty, all but one with guns. Thirty eight were killed with handguns. Seven were killed with their own weapons.16
  • On average, the hospital expense of caring for a gunshot victim is more than $40,000.15
  • Gun violence costs the U.S. more than $100 billion annually.18
Concealed Carry
  • Sixty five percent of Illinois voters do not want people in our state to be allowed to carry concealed weapons.5
  • Crime has increased in states that allow people to carry concealed weapons.6
  • In the past five years in 32 states that allow people to carry concealed weapons, people who were legally permitted to carry weapons shot more than 508 people. Fourteen of the victims were law enforcement officers, and 109 were killed in 23 mass-shooting incidents.7
The Gun Lobby
  • The pro-gun lobby outspends the anti-gun-violence lobby 25 to 1.21
-------------------------------------------------------------

1. 1. Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
    2. Journal of Trauma, August, 1998
    3. New England Journal of Medicine, 1992
    4. American Journal of Public Health, 1988
    5. Mellman poll, March, 2011
    6. Stanford Law Review, 2003
    7. Violence Policy Center, Washington, DC
    8. Private Guns, Public Health, David Hemenway, 2004
    9. Journal of American Medical Association, Annest et al, 1995
    10. Community Officer Policing, US Department of Justice
    11. Army Times, 9/25/2012
    12. Tracking Homicides In Chicago, RedeyeChicago.com
    13. New England Journal of Medicine, 1997
    14. Every Handgun is Aimed at You, Josh Sugarman, 2001
    15. America and its Guns, James E. Atwood, 2012
    16. FBI Uniform Crime Reports
    17. Gun Violence in America, Alexander DeConde, 2001
    18. Gun Violence: The Real Costs, Cook and Ludwig, 2000
    19. District of Columbia v. Heller, US Supreme Court, 2008
    20. McDonald v. Chicago, US Supreme Court, 2010
    21. US News and World Report, 7/24/2012
    22. Mother Jones, 9/26/2012
    23. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 9/1995

Facts about the violence caused by concealed handguns.

wow...actual lies.......

This is what happens when you have gun clutching rambo wanna be lunatics running lose

Apparently a Michigan woman with a conceal-carry permit and a loaded handgun thought it was her duty to step in and help a Home Depot employee stop a suspected shoplifter. Did she follow their car? Nope. She opened fired on the suspected shoplifter's

I wonder if they are going to put her in prison? Hopefully they make an example of her. I doubt it though.
She is a hero helping to keep costs low. Shoplifters cost us all money.

This is what happens when you have gun clutching rambo wanna be lunatics running lose

Apparently a Michigan woman with a conceal-carry permit and a loaded handgun thought it was her duty to step in and help a Home Depot employee stop a suspected shoplifter. Did she follow their car? Nope. She opened fired on the suspected shoplifter's

Yes, shoplifters deserve the death penalty, ask any con.

I wonder if they are going to put her in prison? Hopefully they make an example of her. I doubt it though.
She is a hero helping to keep costs low. Shoplifters cost us all money.
Its a tax write off. Give me a break. You cant be that naive.

Again....over 12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense.

according to bill clinton, AMericans use guns 1.5 million times to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.

In 2013....with over 90 million homes with guns in them, and over 12.8 million people carrying guns for self defense....

Total number of accidental gun deaths......505.

Again....over 12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense.

according to bill clinton, AMericans use guns 1.5 million times to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.

In 2013....with over 90 million homes with guns in them, and over 12.8 million people carrying guns for self defense....

Total number of accidental gun deaths......505.
I guess thats an acceptable number of deaths if you want to carry a gun because you are a coward.

2 incidents posted so far

What should we do?

rescind a few million CCW permits because of their actions?

Seems like over kill to me.
Oh well, right? Unless it was your spawn caught in the cross fire and now looks like bloody Swiss cheese in the morgue, But you're OK with that, right? I mean they did go to class so they get a free pass! They were only practicing the 2nd amendment right afterall

Either get a magic wand, and wish all firearms away,

or

get a Constitutional Amendment passed to repeal the 2nd amendment.
Guno is your typical pyjama-boy pussy LIB.
The hilarious thing is he'd be the first to run to someone with a gun if his life was being threatened.
The best part is he knows it which makes him a hypocrite poser.
Another conservative who is real tough at the computer keyboard.
I served my country and this I witnessed. Hundreds of LIBERAL indoctrinated pussy coward pussy-boys just like you. We called you all 'shitters and pissers.'
I despise the lot of you. Your 'type' got a lot of courageous men and women killed because of your dirty cowardice. Many died to defend your freedom to be a coward. Now you want to fuck with the Second Amendment?
This is total bullshit. many liberals served and died just the way that you did. You are a scared little man who does not support the American ideal, and I doubt if you defended it.

uses her gun in a manner that seems inappropriate to some

She was wrong.

Irrelevant. It is not in any way shape or form indicative of the vast majority of CCW holders.

It is not in any way shape or form indicative of the vast majority of CCW holders.

as in "She was wrong"

But you responded to my post which was all about how the left paints all CCW holders based on her.

The Oregon shooter was just another Good Guy with a gun right up until he started killing people. Aren't you proud of the NRA protecting his gun rights?

She was wrong.

as in "She was wrong"

You said: "uses her gun in a manner that seems inappropriate to some"

I said: "including people that instruct the course.

She was wrong"

Three CC instructors stated in the article that her actions were inappropriate.

I agree with them.

I was NOT painting all other CCW holders with the same brush.

Just her.

I didn't say you were, Jesus! I said your post was irrelevant to mine. The LEFT is painting us with a broad brush. You went off on a tangent.
You are stupid.

Forum List

Back