Holy toledo! M -Marist poll a joke. They over sampled Democrats by 12%

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Finally took the time to look at the actual poll. OMG! This is the one the press has been reporting that Hillary is up by 15%. Check it out for yourselves then start bitch slapping Clinton supporters around.

:lmao:

Well yeah. On the party breakdown they polled Democrats or Democrat leaning voters at 50%.

And they polled Republicans and R leaning voters at 38%. Right there is a 12 point spread. I hate pollsters who do this shit.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...Y/Complete data for the McClatchy-Marist Poll

Meh. Just a footnote in Hillary's eventual victory.

Polls like this though do a disservice to her voters. When they publicize this big of a lead you run a great chance of depressing your own vote because people think there's no way their candidate can lose.

Also if they polled properly and the voters saw the neck and neck battle going on, you could end up with more campaign workers/volunteers. I don't think this type of shit helps either candidate.

Polls like this though do a disservice to her voters. When they publicize this big of a lead you run a great chance of depressing your own vote because people think there's no way their candidate can lose.

Also if they polled properly and the voters saw the neck and neck battle going on, you could end up with more campaign workers/volunteers. I don't think this type of shit helps either candidate.
No poll can depress the Hillary vote enough to give Trump a chance at a win in November. His defeat will be historic.

No poll can depress the Hillary vote enough to give Trump a chance at a win in November. His defeat will be historic.

Sure it will. :)

Wanna bet?

Avi or sig line?

Who cares what the Marist poll says. The sophisticated models have Trump with a 25% chance of winning, and betting odds have him down to 20%. He's dead, and all we have to do is keep making him commit unforced errors and he'll be humiliated in November.

Careful there my friend. Stranger things have happened. Assume nothing, and keep hammering him right through Election Day. Complacency can be extremely dangerous.

Wanna bet?

Avi or sig line?

Let me think about it. This whole primary/election season has been so strange I don't know if I'm willing to bet anything yet.

I checked it out, it says......

This survey of 1,132 adults was conducted August 1st through August 3rd, 2016 by The Marist Poll sponsored and funded in partnership with McClatchy News Service. Adults 18 years of age and older residing in the contiguous United States were contacted on landline or mobile numbers and interviewed in English by telephone using live interviewers. Landline telephone numbers were randomly selected based upon a list of telephone exchanges from throughout the nation from ASDE Survey Sampler, Inc. The exchanges were selected to ensure that each region was represented in proportion to its population. Respondents in the household were randomly selected by first asking for the youngest male. This landline sample was combined with respondents reached through random dialing of cell phone numbers from Survey Sampling International. After the interviews were completed, the two samples were combined and balanced to reflect the 2013 American Community Survey 1-year estimates for age, gender, income, race, and region. Results are statistically significant within ±2.9 percentage points. There are 983 registered voters. The results for this subset are statistically significant within ±3.1 percentage points. The error margin was not adjusted for sample weights and increases for cross-tabulations.

I checked it out, it says......

This survey of 1,132 adults was conducted August 1st through August 3rd, 2016 by The Marist Poll sponsored and funded in partnership with McClatchy News Service. Adults 18 years of age and older residing in the contiguous United States were contacted on landline or mobile numbers and interviewed in English by telephone using live interviewers. Landline telephone numbers were randomly selected based upon a list of telephone exchanges from throughout the nation from ASDE Survey Sampler, Inc. The exchanges were selected to ensure that each region was represented in proportion to its population. Respondents in the household were randomly selected by first asking for the youngest male. This landline sample was combined with respondents reached through random dialing of cell phone numbers from Survey Sampling International. After the interviews were completed, the two samples were combined and balanced to reflect the 2013 American Community Survey 1-year estimates for age, gender, income, race, and region. Results are statistically significant within ±2.9 percentage points. There are 983 registered voters. The results for this subset are statistically significant within ±3.1 percentage points. The error margin was not adjusted for sample weights and increases for cross-tabulations.

With all due respect you don't understand. That's their blanket statement.You have to go right into the PDF. That's where you find the over sampling. It's one of those "in the fine print thing".

The numbers are consistent with the over sampling of D's or D leanings all the way thru the poll. I put up the first general because that's easier so your eyes don't glaze over trying to work your way thru all 36 pages.

But if you want to crawl thru it, its consistently D heavy weighted.

Last edited:
OK I did a quick C&P. Check out Party Identification. And do the math. 50 to 38 for D's And the figures are consistent but your eyes will begin to bleed by the time you hit page 30. :lol:

Strong Democrats
n/a
25%
Not strong Democrats
n/a
12%
Democratic leaning independents
n/a
13%

Just Independents
n/a
12%

Republican leaning independents
n/a
11%
Not strong Republicans
n/a
10%
Strong Republicans
n/a
17%
Other
n/a
<1%

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...Y/Complete data for the McClatchy-Marist Poll

The MSM has gone full Palin attack mode on Trump, his only chance is to take his fight straight to the people during the debates.

Hillary is a win for me, I'll still be wealthy and living the good life while millions of Democrat drones will continue to suffer as they have under Obama. Democrats will continue to send black males to prison, blue collar union workers will continue to lose their jobs and homes, students will continue to be screwed with student loan debt.

Forum List

Back