holy crap

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://www.drudgereport.com/rc7r.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE APRIL 13, 2004 12:12:05 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN RAGE: FLORIDA DEMOCRATS PLACE NEWSPAPER AD CALLING FOR RUMSFELD HIT; FUNDRAISING FOR KERRY

Campaign 2004 turns extreme in Florida with the placement of a newspaper ad calling for physical retribution against Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld!

"We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days,' and pull the trigger," the ad reads.

The call-to-arms fundraising ad, placed by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club in the current issue of the GABBER, a local St. Petersburg paper, asks readers to make an urgent donation to the John Kerry campaign.

A death threat against a Cabinet member from a Florida Democratic party... incredible. How could someone not take that quote ("We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days,' and pull the trigger.") as a threat of physical violence and/or death?!? Honestly.

Now, on a side note, I'm not holding my breath for acludem's liberal media to report this. After all, it's OK to hate Republicans. But I imagine that if this had been a local GOP organization threatening to kill John Kerry or Howard Dean, it would be all over the news by now.

over on fark, they have a special tag just for florida, the source of so many bizaare stories. I'd say this falls under that.

also, while I certainly join you in stating that this kind of talk is over the line for published material, I can also see where it's probably just an angry response to the 'good days/bad days' somewhat casual sounding response rumsfeld gave to some reporter a while back in response to a question about the rising death toll. I mean, these people hold their monthly meetings at the piccadilly... I'm just saying... Not that there is anything wrong with meeting at the picadilly, just that this ad ain't from some powerhouse political action committee.

I don't care how 'bad' of a day you're having, you don't put this , "We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days,' and pull the trigger." in a newspaper.

you did read the part of my statement that said this was over the line for published material, right DK?

Originally posted by Aquarian
you did read the part of my statement that said this was over the line for published material, right DK?

oh, but it's ok to say it verbally through bullhorns to riled up imbeciles? Yeah that'll leave no written record of the rhetoric and class envy lefties use to whip a fervor of envy. Good thinkin', hate monger!

just checking dk, it sounded like I came across as saying it was ok to publish something like that.

rwa- you make some intelligent comments at times. This ain't one of them. I referred in no way to shouting through a bullhorn at crowds. The picture I had in my mind when reading the ad was one of average joes standing around spouting bravado and exaggeration as folks are likely to do when one says something along the lines of 'ya know, the lawyers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes' (think thats from a movie??). In this case, the joes substitute ashcroft for the lawyers are stupid enough (or simply not thinking at all) to submit it as ad copy. then the paper is lax enough in their editing to allow such a thing to be printed. of course, i could be wrong entirely about the intent, it's a hard thing to gauge from afar with limited information.

just checking dk, it sounded like I came across as saying it was ok to publish something like that.

rwa- you make some intelligent comments at times. This ain't one of them. I referred in no way to shouting through a bullhorn at crowds. The picture I had in my mind when reading the ad was one of average joes standing around spouting bravado and exaggeration as folks are likely to do when one says something along the lines of 'ya know, the lawyers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes' (think thats from a movie??). In this case, the joes substitute ashcroft for the lawyers are stupid enough (or simply not thinking at all) to submit it as ad copy. then the paper is lax enough in their editing to allow such a thing to be printed. of course, i could be wrong entirely about the intent, it's a hard thing to gauge from afar with limited information.

Regardless of your explanation of the event, which, had republicans done it would be all over all media outlets, proving media bias btw, "being casual with a reporter" does not warrant any sort of threat. It doesn't warrant any attack from anyone for anyone reason, regardless of the undeserved respect YOU feel the lying liberal press deserves.

to clarify:

publishing this comment, an indirect threat, was wrong.

the 'casual' remark was regarding rumsfeld's apparent attitude that specific day towards the number of dead in iraq, not the nature of his rapport with the reporter.

I too would be a bit surprised if this shows up in the national services. not just because it's 'liberals', but because this is a small add in a small, local, free publication. we have our own version, called creative loafing here in atlanta, and I have yet to see any national coverage of any item, ad, whatnot published in such a paper.

to clarify:

publishing this comment, an indirect threat, was wrong.

the 'casual' remark was regarding rumsfeld's apparent attitude that specific day towards the number of dead in iraq, not the nature of his rapport with the reporter.

I too would be a bit surprised if this shows up in the national services. not just because it's 'liberals', but because this is a small add in a small, local, free publication. we have our own version, called creative loafing here in atlanta, and I have yet to see any national coverage of any item, ad, whatnot published in such a paper.

Holy crap Aquarian. I live in atl. Are you a little five points hippy?

pj- heh, scary as it is, I agree with him at times and also think he makes some valid points even when I disagree.

rwa- guilty, not a punk like the old lil 5 crowd and hate patchooli so I guess I'm not a full fledged hippie, but that's my 'hood', and Manuel's is my tavern of choice when I'm not playing pool.

pj- heh, scary as it is, I agree with him at times and also think he makes some valid points even when I disagree.

rwa- guilty, not a punk like the old lil 5 crowd and hate patchooli so I guess I'm not a full fledged hippie, but that's my 'hood', and Manuel's is my tavern of choice when I'm not playing pool.

Do you know josh foote?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Do you know josh foote?

don't think I know any josh's...

the area would probably be out of my price range for apartments if I hadn't lucked into a sweeet deal with a private landlord 7 years back. Definitely out of my price range for purchasing unless I go the other side of the dekalb avenue tracks, it's still a bit sketchy down there.

Good intown living. I stuck in buckhead, moved here to be close to a job, quit the job, too lazy to move. Here I am.

sorry bout the buckhead thing, but some parts aint so bad, and moving always sucks heh. :beer:

sorry bout the buckhead thing, but some parts aint so bad, and moving always sucks heh. :beer:

If you're a chick, let's get a drink. Otherwise, I'm not really interested. If I hang out with a liberal, it needs to have breasts. Bong hits would be involved.

Forum List

Back