Hockey: tragic road accident decimates junior team in Canada

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, The players in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League are 16 to 20 years old.

9468862.image

This team was scheduled to play against the Nipawin Hawks on Friday night. [Twitter - RTS]

The record is terrible: it reports 14 dead and 14 wounded, including 3 in critical condition. The coach of the Humboldt Broncos, a Canadian junior hockey team, suffered a truck collision in Saskatchewan.
The Humboldt Broncos team has 24 Canadian players aged 16 to 21. The identity of the victims has not yet been revealed.

Photo taken from Twitter
This cliché leaves no doubt as to the violence of the impact.

State of shock
"I'm shocked, like everyone else," said team president Kevin Garinger. Like all other members of the small community of nearly 6,000, Mr. Garinger said he knew each of these young men and the team around them.

Some families have received news and joined their son, others are waiting to find out if their child is still alive.

"I can not imagine what these parents can live," Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote on his Twitter account. "I am wholeheartedly with all those affected by this terrible tragedy, in the community of Humboldt and elsewhere".

Hockey: un tragique accident de la route décime une équipe junior au Canada

Ah hell. That is just terrible. Their poor families.

So sad, my heart goes out to all the families and victims. I was trying to find out more details on the accident, time and more of how it occurred, all I find is the bus collided with a semi.

The crash involving the Humboldt Broncos team bus occurred on Highway 35 near Gronlid, more than 200 kilometres northeast of Saskatoon, late Friday afternoon.
Fourteen people are dead and 15 are in hospital after a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a playoff game in Saskatchewan collided with a transport truck on a rural highway, according to RCMP. Three of the dead have now been identified as coach Darcy Haugan, captain Logan Schatz and player Adam Herold.
The bus was T-boned by a transport truck, according to the president of the Nipawin Hawks, which was scheduled to play the Broncos in Game 5 of a semi-final Friday night. There were 29 people, including the driver, on board the bus at the time of the collision, RCMP said in a release.

Police said three of the people transported to hospital have injuries that are "critical in nature."

LIVE UPDATES: Three Humboldt Broncos bus crash victims identified

'Horrific, horrific accident': Hockey world in shock after Humboldt bus crash

Here a image of the accident it is just horrible.
Click on the image to have full image

The Humboldt Broncos GoFundMe campaign is one of the largest ever

The main GoFundMe page for victims of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash and their families is the largest GoFundMe campaign in Canadian history and among the top five of all time, according to the company. The campaign has raised over $7.7 million CAD ($6.1 million US), with nearly 100,000 people donating in the past three days.

Forum List

Back