Hockey is back!

liarintheWH

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2012
The lockout is finally over and were gonna have a 48 game season. Can't wait to see them raise the Championship banner at Staples Center.

Anyone else excited for hockey?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GhnvKzA-6WY]I Care - YouTube[/ame]

Thank heaven!

Now, I can save that $700!!!

The lockout is finally over and were gonna have a 48 game season. Can't wait to see them raise the Championship banner at Staples Center.

Thank goodness! 48 games? Shitty, but betetr than 0! Ready to go see my Preds kick some ass! Kings are probably my second favorite team BTW

:lol:

I forgot about that...it must suck.

I'll say this, LA has an advantage not usually bestowed on the defending cup champs, plenty of off-season to get as rested as the rest of the league.

Doesn't matter though, my Bruins are taking it back, bud. :thup:

Last year it took LA a while to get the offense going so this shortened season might really hurt them. Hopefully they start out as hot as the playoff run but I doubt it.

Boston always puts a good squad on the ice. Seguin and Lucic are beasts. I see Nashville struggling a little with no Suter. Minnesota is scary in the West.

Last year it took LA a while to get the offense going so this shortened season might really hurt them. Hopefully they start out as hot as the playoff run but I doubt it.

Boston always puts a good squad on the ice. Seguin and Lucic are beasts. I see Nashville struggling a little with no Suter. Minnesota is scary in the West.

Ryan Ellis. He will be in the top 3 before too long. Maybe not surpass Suter, but right behind him.

I'll tell ya, Boston does regularly make the playoffs, but until they won that cup the fansbase was incredibly skeptical, and rightfully so. After Joe Thornton bombed out in the playoffs a few times, then got shipped to the sharks and won the MVP, it was a team that was good enough to get to the postseason, but really didn't have the intangibles needed for that long run to June, and everyone knew it. So finally 6 or 7 years later better pieces came along and the rest is history.

The Phil Kessel trade to Toronto goes down as the best move the Bruins have made since they drafted Bobby Orr. That's how we landed Seguin, and Dougie Hamilton, a Defenseman that's one of the top prospects at that position. He's gonna be a good one, like Seguin is quickly becoming.

I don't think he's going to put up the same scoring pace that he did over in Europe though, the defense in the NHL is better. I have a feeling he'll end up being a 50-goal scorer within the next few years...he has highlight reel skills, it's really a pleasure to watch.

I'm so excited! :D

Should be a fun short season, esp if they go with a schedule flush with divisional games.

I'll tell ya, Boston does regularly make the playoffs, but until they won that cup the fansbase was incredibly skeptical, and rightfully so. After Joe Thornton bombed out in the playoffs a few times, then got shipped to the sharks and won the MVP, it was a team that was good enough to get to the postseason, but really didn't have the intangibles needed for that long run to June, and everyone knew it. So finally 6 or 7 years later better pieces came along and the rest is history.

The Phil Kessel trade to Toronto goes down as the best move the Bruins have made since they drafted Bobby Orr. That's how we landed Seguin, and Dougie Hamilton, a Defenseman that's one of the top prospects at that position. He's gonna be a good one, like Seguin is quickly becoming.

I don't think he's going to put up the same scoring pace that he did over in Europe though, the defense in the NHL is better. I have a feeling he'll end up being a 50-goal scorer within the next few years...he has highlight reel skills, it's really a pleasure to watch.

I'm so excited! :D

Our season largely depends upon Rask.

We should, however, enjoy a nice advantage early on given that nearly everyone is back again.

Gads... Maybe the Sharks can make it through the short season and the playoffs without pooping out for a change..

I'm thinking it's time to seriously boycott all.... Professional Sports..

Is there any doubt the fans are getting screwed over?

I'm looking forward to the 2013-2014 season. This little sprint to the playoffs, no All Star weekend, no Winter Classic, seems like they are pandering to a very pissed off fan base.

Now, if MLB could have a season that runs to the end of July, maybe, just maybe my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates could finally break their 20 season losing streak and make the post season. The past two years the Pirates have folded like a pair of threes in August.

They are, but if it was that bad, they'd stop supporting it.

I can't really argue with that..:eusa_eh:.. but I can't help being pissed that the fan base is the last consideration.

I guess it has to do with the memories of going to a baseball or hockey game with a family of 4 , decent seats, hot dogs , soda and beer for under $100.00 bucks... eh

Forum List

Back