Hobbit 3 (Battle of Five Armies) pokes fun at Gun Grabbers.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
When the cowardly tyrant Alfrid has no argument left for his cause (the scene after Smaug burns Laketown), he grabs the nearest child and screams:

"Think of the Children, we doesn't anyone think of the children!"

I can't believe this scene made it past Hollywood's conservative filter.

I haven't seen it yet. I am ALMOST tempted to go to the local theater and see it. ALMOST. Maybe. I dunno. I haven't talked myself in to it yet.

When the cowardly tyrant Alfrid has no argument left for his cause (the scene after Smaug burns Laketown), he grabs the nearest child and screams:

Whaaaaaaa?

Wait until the video clip is available. Going to be my number 1 link every time a gun grabber says "FOR THE CHILDREN"

"Hobbit 3 (Battle of Five Armies) pokes fun at Gun Grabbers."

Which makes no sense given the fact there's no such thing as a 'gun-grabber.'

Or that anyone in Middle Earth had a gun.

Frankly, if dragons were a regular thing, gun ownership might be justified.

In case you didn't know, Tolkien is the most conservative epic fantasy writer of all time (as well as the best).

It was a quick joke poking fun at people who hide behind emotional arguments about children. It's something both sides do and had nothing to do directly with any one issue.

This may surprise you, but outside of this board, not everyone is consumed with two or three political topics.

In case you didn't know, Tolkien is the most conservative epic fantasy writer of all time (as well as the best).

First, I would argue that C.S. Lewis was a lot more conservative and a lot more heavy handed about shoving allegories about his beliefs into his work.

Second, the character and the scene you describe appears nowhere in The Hobbit. There wasn't a "Let's not piss off the Dragon" faction in Lake Town.

First, I would argue that C.S. Lewis was a lot more conservative and a lot more heavy handed about shoving allegories about his beliefs into his work.

Second, the character and the scene you describe appears nowhere in The Hobbit. There wasn't a "Let's not piss off the Dragon" faction in Lake Town.

Peter Jackson added the scene and character named Alfrid, just like he added Tauriel and the romance...and a ton of other scenes.

Everything he added however did not contradict the Silmarillion...which mkes me think he's eventually planning to delve into the Second Age. Too bad he said it would be an entire decade before he reenters the Tolkien world.

Peter Jackson added the scene and character named Alfrid, just like he added Tauriel and the romance...and a ton of other scenes.

Everything he added however did not contradict the Silmarillion.

So Peter Jackson is a hack.

Frankly, you could have done the Hobbit in one movie and not missed any of the essense of the book.

God forbid someone sticks up for the Constitution..."a hack" lol. I'd put my money on Peter Jackson being a liberal on most issues. He's probably like my grandmother, a pro-gun marxist.

who watches that crap? I thought those were kiddie flicks?

Did you really just insult the millions of adults that watch the films? Some people enjoy fiction works that depict the folklore and legends of their ancient cultures.

Did you really just insult the millions of adults that watch the films? Some people enjoy fiction works that depict the folklore and legends of their ancient cultures.
To each his own, but sounds dumb to me. The last two greatest movies I watched was gravity and tears under the sun with Bruce Willis

Is it all fighting? I liked the 1st one. It had dwarves singing, and catharsis, and moments of heart rending drama (like Bilbo's 'I have a home' speech.

2nd movie had its moments. But, it was just too busy.

I give the 1st movie 4.5 out of 5 treebeards. 2nd movie gets 3 out of 5. I have a feeling this last installment is going to be my least favorite.

That's because CS Lewis was an atheist at one time.

Forum List

Back