Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

Public accommodation laws = modern Jim crow laws....government forced discrimination does not belong in this country....

Public accomodations laws= what the people who supported Jim Crows laws opposed.

Sorry, these public accommodation laws come from the same place Jim crow did...the government mandating private business be conducted against the interest and judgement of the owner of the business...

It is a poisonous concept supported by the very people who would have supported Jim crow...

Public accommodation laws are Jim crow laws....and we need to stop perpetrating discrimination...

The best way to put all this bullshit behind us is to have the states stop recognizing church weddings as legal.

You can get married in a church if you want but for legal purposes only civil marriages would be recognized by the state.

Yes, and no.

PFC? Come on Jake tell me you were at least a Spec4

He's whatever he wants to be on this board. He claims to be a Republican while supporting and defending everything Obama does

If Bodecea can be a gay Navy Commander from a period when gays weren't allowed to serve, Jake can be a 14 star General if he likes LOL

Do you really believe that the prohibition on gays serving meant that they didn't? Put down the crack pipe.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to do business at all.

Actually it does.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I know you are going to attempt to claim that self same Amendment means you have a right to do business with me, but in fact that would be horse shit and you know it. In EVERY other aspect, we aren't allowed to claim a right that over runs another person's rights, except for PA laws, why is that I wonder.

Like I said

and like I said, the 9th amendment CLEARLY states that I have the right to do business.

Feel free to point me to the word that says "Business" or any synonym thereof

It clearly says that just because something isn't enumerated in the COTUS doesn't mean I don't have a right to it.

It's quite fucking sad that you're so dishonest that you are arguing both that you have a right to "fag marriage" and that i don't have a right to do business. Are you fucking stupid? I mean seriously, are you fucking stupid?

So is there or isn't there a right to marry?

Public accommodation laws = modern Jim crow laws....government forced discrimination does not belong in this country....

Public accomodations laws= what the people who supported Jim Crows laws opposed.

Sorry, these public accommodation laws come from the same place Jim crow did...the government mandating private business be conducted against the interest and judgement of the owner of the business...

It is a poisonous concept supported by the very people who would have supported Jim crow...

Public accommodation laws are Jim crow laws....and we need to stop perpetrating discrimination...

Okay...call your congressman and have Title II of the Civil Rights Act repealed. I can't wait to tell those crazy eyed Christians that they are not welcome in my establishment.

Anyone who opens a trendy restaurant in SLC advertising that Christians are not welcome, watch all hell bust loose.

Jim Crow supports the right to discriminate.

Anyone who opens a trendy restaurant in SLC advertising that Christians are not welcome, watch all hell bust loose.

Jim Crow supports the right to discriminate.

Jim Crow forces you to discriminate, it was a set of laws created to do just that. Jim Crow wasn't voluntary.

The best way to put all this bullshit behind us is to have the states stop recognizing church weddings as legal.

You can get married in a church if you want but for legal purposes only civil marriages would be recognized by the state.

I like it...but I bet you'll get resistance (and not from "the gheys")

So the rest of us have to go through two ceremonies (in my case three) because 1-2% of the population are a bunch of butthurt assholes? No thanks.

What you do in public is everybody's business.

We are not going back to bad times.

My business isn't the public sir. It's PRIVATE property. Know how I know? I pay the property tax.

When you are doing business in public as a service to the public, no, sir, you are not private at all.

All Jake wants to do is make you live your life the way HE wants you to live it. He is a fascist bootlicker, and will always be one.

:lol:

I should have known this story was pretty much complete bullshit.

Legal hitch at Hitching Post - Coeur d Alene Press Local News

Let's go down the list of lies in the Todd Starnes piece in the OP:

1. The city hasn't taken any legal action whatsoever against the Knapps.
2. No complaints against them have been filed.
3. The "Alliance for Defending Freedom" is suing the city, not defending the Knapps.
4. The Knapps don't even know who the ADF lawyers are.
5. The Hitching Post chapel is registered as a for-profit LLC, not a "religious organization".

The best defense is a good offense. and again, why does the tax code trump 1st amendment rights?

I like it...but I bet you'll get resistance (and not from "the gheys")

So the rest of us have to go through two ceremonies (in my case three) because 1-2% of the population are a bunch of butthurt assholes? No thanks.

See Skull, told ya!

Everyone says that because this is a business, that a person automatically gives up his right to freedom of religion.

Can someone tell me why a gays "right" to be married, trumps the right of religious freedom? Who is it that is determining one right to be more powerful than another?

Mark

Its not the right to marry that is in question, what they want is to force people to either accept their marriages, be it as part of a business or as a matter of public record, or find a way to ruin people who won't comply.

3. The "Alliance for Defending Freedom" is suing the city, not defending the Knapps.
5. The Hitching Post chapel is registered as a for-profit LLC, not a "religious organization".

The best defense is a good offense. and again, why does the tax code trump 1st amendment rights?

Why don't you tell us? It's not like PA laws haven't gone before the SCOTUS before. Were those not 1st Amendment issues? How come they lost?

No, they are not. Only a Jim Crow supporter would say such a thing.
Actually it does.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I know you are going to attempt to claim that self same Amendment means you have a right to do business with me, but in fact that would be horse shit and you know it. In EVERY other aspect, we aren't allowed to claim a right that over runs another person's rights, except for PA laws, why is that I wonder.

Like I said

and like I said, the 9th amendment CLEARLY states that I have the right to do business.

It clearly says that just because something isn't enumerated in the COTUS doesn't mean I don't have a right to it.

It's quite fucking sad that you're so dishonest that you are arguing both that you have a right to "fag marriage" and that i don't have a right to do business. Are you fucking stupid? I mean seriously, are you fucking stupid?

No... Each state has it's own marriage restrictions ,age,close relatives, you cant have more than one spouse ect...

Why don't you tell us? It's not like PA laws haven't gone before the SCOTUS before. Were those not 1st Amendment issues? How come they lost?

Asshole judges. and here the tax laws you keep spouting on about were set in 1954, by LBJ to silence his political opponents during a senate race.

No, they are not. Only a Jim Crow supporter would say such a thing.
Like I said

No... Each state has it's own marriage restrictions ,age,close relatives, you cant have more than one spouse ect...

So the SCOTUS...when they declare marriage a fundamental right on at least three occasions, were wrong?

I is so so sorry massah, them unelected lawyers say sumptin, and we gots to follow it.

So i guess Citizens United is a settled matter, after all the courts said so.

Baaaaa.
until the courts reverse the decision, or until the constitution is amended, yes, it's a settled matter.
i may disagree with it, but that doesn't change reality.

That makes you a quitter.
it makes me a resident of reality. try it some time.

Fuck off.

I guess having an opinion oppposite what a court says is something "bad" according to you. again. Fuck off.
Awww tissue? You lost..

Not even close you snivelling boil on Seawytch's hairy ass.

Asshole judges. and here the tax laws you keep spouting on about were set in 1954, by LBJ to silence his political opponents during a senate race.

So, in that landmark hotel case...the SCOTUS were "assholes"?

Forum List

Back