Hit a Hole-in-one, win an F150 Truck

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Yep, he should be getting a new truck. Question is.. was it the golf club, the Ford Dealership or both that screwed up.... and who should pay for the man getting the new truck?

That's fucked up.

I don't see where the dealership has any liability here, but the country club is gonna' end up paying out...

That's fucked up.

I don't see where the dealership has any liability here, but the country club is gonna' end up paying out...
If it is true that they (the dealership) never agreed that it would be a prize for a hole in 1...

That said, why was the truck being displayed at the golf course?

If it is true that they (the dealership) never agreed that it would be a prize for a hole in 1...

I would think that, if the country club was offering it as the prize (which appears to be the case), it's their responsibility to ensure that they dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's". In this case, that doesn't appear to have happened...

"Morrilton Country Club, one of the oldest golf facilities in Central Arkansas, located in Morrilton, said anyone who got a hole-in-one on the 10th hole would receive the keys to a 2022 F-150 thanks to a local dealership, Jay Hodge Ford. The competition was billed as the "Tournament of the Century."

You'd get the keys, not the whole truck.

That's fucked up.

They fraudulently collected money on the chance of winning a truck. If the dealership told them they were backing out, that part of the tournament should have been cancelled

The dealership should have pulled the truck off the premises if they couldn’t get insurance

They fraudulently collected money on the chance of winning a truck. If the dealership told them they were backing out, that part of the tournament should have been cancelled

The dealership should have pulled the truck off the premises if they couldn’t get insurance

That's an excellent point I hadn't considered.

Parking a $65,000 pickup next to a green on a par 3 is asking for trouble. Some yahoo like me will come along and, I promise you, I'm puttin' one through the windshield...

Did the dealership ever "back in"?
And what does getting insurance have to do with giving away the truck? I would expect the winner of the truck to buy his own insurance.

You pay $350 to enter a Golf Tournament where one of the prizes is a 2022 F150 if you get a hole in one on the 10th hole.

An Arkansas man did just that only to be told they wouldn’t honor the offer.

That country club's gotta honor their obligation.

Ol' boy will be getting a crank-window stripped down F150 in the end. The cheapest thing possible.

With a v6 if they even do that. :auiqs.jpg:

That country club's gotta honor their obligation.

Ol' boy will be getting a crank-window stripped down F150 in the end. The cheapest thing possible.
One would think, but they might be able to wrangle their way out of it.

I wonder how much they will have to pay in lawyer bills. It might be more cost effective to simply go ahead and buy the guy the truck.

One would think, but they might be able to wrangle their way out of it.

I wonder how much they will have to pay in lawyer bills. It might be more cost effective to simply go ahead and buy the guy the truck.
The situation certainly doesn't make for good publicity for them. They'll spend at least 1/2 as much in lawyer fees and look like shitbags if they win.

Did the dealership ever "back in"?
And what does getting insurance have to do with giving away the truck? I would expect the winner of the truck to buy his own insurance.

It wasn’t insurance on the truck but insurance of the prize.

A hole in one is rare and you buy insurance to cover the chance it happens

Lol, the dealership had it sitting there . No way they did not know it was being offered as a prize. Either some one forgot to get the insurance or they were playing the odds on some one hitting a hole in one. Either way they need to pay up. I sure as hell would not do business with either the golf course or the dealer after this.

The dealership claims it had withdrawn tge truck as a prize.
The Golf course may have been playing the odds nobody would get a hole in one

Free Golf for life?

Forum List

Back