Historians agree: In his first 100 days, Trump excels at being 'an utter failure'

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Trump's First 100 Days Deemed An 'Entry-Level' Presidency

With any new president, there's a learning curve. But for President Trump, it's been steeper than others.

"Mount Everest" is how Barbara Perry, director of presidential studies at the Miller Center at the University of Virginia, described it ahead of Trump's 100th day in office, which is coming up Saturday, April 29. "It's as steep as they come and ice-covered, and he didn't bring very many knowledgeable Sherpas with him."

....it's the "Who knew?" learning curve of revelations for donnie, sad

Trump's First 100 Days: An 'Entry-Level' Presidency

As it turns out, he couldn't just show up and get everything he wanted and he didn't just know everything like he thought he did. This is way more complicated than he ever thought.

With any new president, there's a learning curve. But for President Trump, it's been steeper than others.

"Mount Everest" is how Barbara Perry, director of presidential studies at the Miller Center at the University of Virginia, described it ahead of Trump's 100th day in office, which is coming up Saturday, April 29. "It's as steep as they come and ice-covered, and he didn't bring very many knowledgeable Sherpas with him."

I wonder who Ms. Perry voted for.....

This is one of the reasons that I said Trump couldn't be a good president is because he's a CEO who owns his own business.

In cases like that, your word is law, and you don't have to compromise with anyone, because you own the company.

In politics, you have to know how to use diplomacy and compromise.

Mexico is paying.

No, we are.

No, Mexico is.

No, that's not happening. We're paying for it.

Okay, I need Congress to secure funding for the wall.

We can't do that.

I'll shut down the government. Wait, no I won't. I'm backtracking.

Don't worry. I will get the wall built. I'm not backtracking at all. Sometime, somewhere down the road, Mexico will eventually pay for it.

lol It doesn't matter because all the experts agree he will never become president.

I'm no fan of president trump, but this nitpicking him on his first 100 days seems like it is just meant to be hurtful, especially knowing how crazy sensitive he is on ratings...

I'm honestly glad his agenda has not been fulfilled by him and could not be more pleased with much of his or Ryan's agenda not going through....like the health care bill they had.... :p

Will things get better for Trump? I don't know, but what he's been doing the past 100 days isn't working.

You know, the reason that people look at the first 100 days is because it's a kind of indicator as to how the president is going to do things.

According to Trump's first 100 days, it's not going to be much. Just tweeting, blaming others for his problems and pissing off other countries.

Trump's sprint to the bottom. And of course he wants to blame everyone except himself.

Sorry derp, it's on you and the leper colony you've brought into the White House.

I'm no fan of president trump, but this nitpicking him on his first 100 days seems like it is just meant to be hurtful, especially knowing how crazy sensitive he is on ratings...

I'm honestly glad his agenda has not been fulfilled by him and could not be more pleased with much of his or Ryan's agenda not going through....like the health care bill they had.... :p

He set himself up for it. He's a fucking dope. Here's his Contract with America.
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

This is one of the reasons that I said Trump couldn't be a good president is because he's a CEO who owns his own business.

In cases like that, your word is law, and you don't have to compromise with anyone, because you own the company.

You're half right....the difference being in his business world, nobody's LIFE was on the line. Wins and losses were scored by dollars won or lost...the presidency involves people's everyday existence and he's had to move from predator-mode to having compassion for those who get hurt by his decisions. He's learning.

You know, Trump DID sign that contract with America.

I wonder.......................if I copied that contract, signed it myself, do you think that I could use it in court to sue Trump for breaking his promises to the American people?

You're half right....the difference being in his business world, nobody's LIFE was on the line. Wins and losses were scored by dollars won or lost...the presidency involves people's everyday existence and he's had to move from predator-mode to having compassion for those who get hurt by his decisions. He's learning.

Oh, "he's learning". He doesn't give a phlying phuck about anyone's life except his own. Get real.

Will things get better for Trump? I don't know, but what he's been doing the past 100 days isn't working.
What hasn't been working?

Trying to get his agenda passed hasn't worked. Nor has his foreign policy, really. His own White House has been at odds with each other and he is saying things contradictory to his cabinet members.
His foreign policy seems to be working just fine, and his agenda is in the process of being passed. Like Teddy Roosevelt, President Trump understands that while the Constitution severely limits the powers of the President, the presidency is a "bully pulpit" like no other, and with the right choice of words and the right manner of delivery the President can effect significant changes at home and abroad, and President Trump has been making efficient use of the "bully pulpit". Just by speaking about these issues he has effected a slow down in jobs leaving America and a slowdown of illegals entering the US. He has inspired a new confidence in the business community that is leading to lower unemployment rates and increased investment and around the world, America's friends and allies are altering their positions to better coordinate with the new president and our adversaries such as China and Russia are showing a new respect for America.

The really sad part of it is is that he has no interest in learning.

Forum List

Back