Hippie Woman Climbs Mt. Everest to Prove Vegans aren’t Weak. DIES!

Avoiding meat is good for losing muscle but it's not good for the brain.

If you know what kinds of veggies to eat, satisfying your fat requirement isn't that hard. One food that is good for fat content is the avocado.

Bacon > Avocado

I liked bacon back when I used to eat pork, which hasn't happened since the '70s but I never liked avocado in any form.

My neighbor nicely brought me some homemade pork pie, noting it was an old French-Canadian recipe.
I don't know what to do with it. :dunno:

If you know what kinds of veggies to eat, satisfying your fat requirement isn't that hard. One food that is good for fat content is the avocado.

Bacon > Avocado

I liked bacon back when I used to eat pork, which hasn't happened since the '70s but I never liked avocado in any form.

My neighbor nicely brought me some homemade pork pie, noting it was an old French-Canadian recipe.

Well, if it's a good pie, why not stick it in your car, drive around until you see a homeless person with a sign, and give it to them? I'm sure that they would appreciate it.

Bacon > Avocado

Well, if it's a good pie, why not stick it in your car, drive around until you see a homeless person with a sign, and give it to them? I'm sure that they would appreciate it.

That's a worthy idea. You have to go pretty far to find a homeless person around here though.
Maybe next time I go to a town I'll take it frozen in a cooler. Thanks. :thup:

Bacon > Avocado

That's a worthy idea. You have to go pretty far to find a homeless person around here though.

Hey, we have a lot of homeless people that travel through Amarillo on a regular basis, so it's something that I think about a bit. Last year, there was a homeless lady living under an overpass near my house, and whenever I went out to get something to eat from KFC or the like, if I saw her under the overpass on my way out, I picked up an extra meal and gave it to her on the way home. Did that for a month until she moved on to another place.

Some of the homeless people have some really interesting stories, and some of them are pretty intelligent, they just fell on hard times.

Bacon > Avocado

Hey, we have a lot of homeless people that travel through Amarillo on a regular basis, so it's something that I think about a bit. Last year, there was a homeless lady living under an overpass near my house, and whenever I went out to get something to eat from KFC or the like, if I saw her under the overpass on my way out, I picked up an extra meal and gave it to her on the way home. Did that for a month until she moved on to another place.

Some of the homeless people have some really interesting stories, and some of them are pretty intelligent, they just fell on hard times.

Yes and great point --- there but for fortune go you or I. I know that well.

It's been some time since I lived in a city so it's easy to forget and this is a worthy reminder. I hate for food to go to waste.

Bacon > Avocado

You could always wear it as a pork pie hat? :dunno:

columbus-pork-pie-hat.jpg

Bacon > Avocado

It's been some time since I lived in a city so it's easy to forget and this is a worthy reminder. I hate for food to go to waste.

During the summer months, when I ride my bicycle around town for exercise, I tuck a couple of dollars in my jersey pocket already counted out and folded so that I can give it to someone if I'm at a stop sign. I remember one time, I stopped to give a dude a couple of bucks and ended up sitting there talking to him for the next half hour or so. He was a homeless vet who was hitchhiking to Albequerque to get enrolled in a shelter for vets and to get treatment from the VA. We had a lot of fun, sitting there swapping military stories back and forth.

Besides....................IMHO doing stuff like that gives you a certain kind of mindfulness about other people that makes you a better person.

During the summer months, when I ride my bicycle around town for exercise, I tuck a couple of dollars in my jersey pocket already counted out and folded so that I can give it to someone if I'm at a stop sign. I remember one time, I stopped to give a dude a couple of bucks and ended up sitting there talking to him for the next half hour or so. He was a homeless vet who was hitchhiking to Albequerque to get enrolled in a shelter for vets and to get treatment from the VA. We had a lot of fun, sitting there swapping military stories back and forth.

Besides....................IMHO doing stuff like that gives you a certain kind of mindfulness about other people that makes you a better person.

Completely agree. We can all use regular reminders that other people are not "them" but rather part of "us".

There seem to be many on this board who don't get that concept at all. The OP here for a glaring example.

Bacon > Avocado

You could always wear it as a pork pie hat? :dunno:

columbus-pork-pie-hat.jpg

Yeah I remember thinking when she gave it to me --- "you want me to eat Lester Young"? :eek:

I am guessing that the woman never saw the Back To The Future trilogy. Marty was like, "I would've hit that Rolls Royce." after he decided to not race Needles at the end of the third film.

God bless you and the lady's family always!!!

Holly

almost as rich as man made global warmists

that have to be rescued from the cold in the arctic

--LOL

I am guessing that the woman never saw the Back To The Future trilogy. Marty was like, "I would've hit that Rolls Royce." after he decided to not race Needles at the end of the third film.

God bless you and the lady's family always!!!

Holly

uh........................ what?

^^^ The woman apparently was trying to show that she wasn't a weak person and she ended up dead when the dust finally settled. If Marty had tried to prove that he wasn't a chicken at the end of that movie, he would have ended up in a car accident.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A Porterhouse steak is also a vegetable.....I learned that the hard way when questioning the commitment of a female I knew back in my college days.

A lot of people die climbing Mt. Everest. One needs to be reconciled to the possibility that one might not return from the adventure.

Vegan or not, it's very risky.

Yeah, while I find the 'logic' of the vegan lady to be highly questionable, I know that *I* sure as hell couldnt climb mount Everest.

I dont delude myself.

Bacon > Avocado

Express ship it to me!!!!!!!!!!

J'adore a good pork pie.

^^^ The woman apparently was trying to show that she wasn't a weak person and she ended up dead when the dust finally settled. If Marty had tried to prove that he wasn't a chicken at the end of that movie, he would have ended up in a car accident.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Umm..... OK thanks for............ clearing that up...............

You know..................altitude sickness has little to do with what you eat. It has more to do with how your body takes up oxygen.

Forum List

Back