Hillary's Dilemma

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Hillary's Ongoing Dilemma
By David Limbaugh
December 12, 2005

Hillary is one of those smart Democrats. So she has been posturing as a hawk for well over a year now and trying to distance herself--at least for public appearances--from the kook base of her party.

But like the rest of us, she didn't anticipate that her base would become so agitated over her quasi support for the war. They may have winked and nodded to John Kerry as he feigned toughness on terror during his campaign, but they've not yet been so forgiving toward Hillary.

This puts Hillary in a very difficult position. She is not used to being held accountable for anything, especially by her base. But she still can't afford to come out full force against the war. And, like other Democratic presidential hopefuls, she can't afford to support fully the president's policy on Iraq, or she gives voters no reason to vote Democratic on the Iraq issue.

So far, she has gotten away with such indefensible tripe--articulated in a speech to Kentucky Democrats--as "I reject a rigid timetable that the terrorists can exploit, and I reject an open timetable that has no ending attached to it."

Translation: "I know, based on my party's unsuccessful ploy in demanding a withdrawal timetable for Iraq, that I can't go there, but I also know that the loony base is still insisting on withdrawal, so, like John Kerry, I'll throw out gibberish and pray for no follow-up questions. In the meantime, I'll just bark unceasingly over how we were tricked into the war in the first place and how we alienated our allies, which might have the dual benefits of distracting attention away from my incoherent position and mollifying the base."

If Hillary had a principled position on Iraq, she wouldn't have to torture logic to come up with one--or more. But even with the luxury of having no fixed principles on the matter, without a crystal ball unveiling the condition in Iraq two years hence, she can't know for sure whether to go on straddling the fence or jump down on one side or the other.

It will be interesting to see what kind of policy pretzels she might bake over the next few years as she pretends to support our goals in Iraq without supporting President Bush, and attempts to appease her base without answering its secular prayers.

for full article:
http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2005/12/new_column_hill.html

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Adam's Apple said:
Hillary's Ongoing Dilemma
By David Limbaugh
December 12, 2005

So far, she has gotten away with such indefensible tripe--articulated in a speech to Kentucky Democrats--as "I reject a rigid timetable that the terrorists can exploit, and I reject an open timetable that has no ending attached to it."

Translation: "I know, based on my party's unsuccessful ploy in demanding a withdrawal timetable for Iraq, that I can't go there, but I also know that the loony base is still insisting on withdrawal, so, like John Kerry, I'll throw out gibberish and pray for no follow-up questions. In the meantime, I'll just bark unceasingly over how we were tricked into the war in the first place and how we alienated our allies, which might have the dual benefits of distracting attention away from my incoherent position and mollifying the base."

:rotflmao: :clap:

sometimes I wonder if the world would be better-off if she were never born. Sometimes the things she says...I mean...I just don't get it. She's lost her mind.

dmp said:
sometimes I wonder if the world would be better-off if she were never born. Sometimes the things she says...I mean...I just don't get it. She's lost her mind.

Nooooo wiiiiiiiire haaangers!!! :cof:

A glaring truism about the Clintons -- Bill and Hillary -- is that they are first and foremost about acquiring and retaining power. All other considerations are subordinated. They are political liberals, not moderates, as conventional wisdom has graced them, who only adopt centrist positions when necessary to preserve their electability and popularity.

This was what I saw from the first time I laid eyes on Bill Clinton to this very day. The both of them are, without doubt, bar none, the greatest political LIARS in American history. They care not one thing for a stated position. Not one core belief save one, the acquisition of power. The two remind me more of Hitler and Stalin than any American.

Oh, I'm sorry. I think I'm in the wrong thread. I seem to have inadvertently wondered into Baseless, Idiotic Tripe Land. Don't worry about me, I'll show myself out. Thanks.

Hagbard Celine said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I think I'm in the wrong thread. I seem to have inadvertently wondered into Baseless, Idiotic Tripe Land. Don't worry about me, I'll show myself out. Thanks.

Yea, now go find that "we are all elitist, judicial fiat seeking, power mad, control freaks, use any lie we need to get our way, delusional liberals" thread you belong to.

LuvRPgrl said:
Yea, now go find that "we are all elitist, judicial fiat seeking, power mad, control freaks, use any lie we need to get our way, delusional liberals" thread you belong to.
You're one to talk...President W's first term was made possible by Judicial fiat. The Iraq war was made possible by the administration using any lie they needed to get their way. And the only reason Bush's job approval ratings are still as high as 37 percent, is because delusional conservatives like you have convinced themselves that his policies here and abroad are still doing just swell! But I don't have to tell you that because you're soooooooooo smart!

What kind of a guy calls himself "Luvergirl" anyway?

Hagbard Celine said:
...President W's first term was made possible by Judicial fiat.

Holy moly, Hag. Are you still peddling that tripe, even after the most liberal of newspapers sped down to Florida to count the ballots themselves in hopes of confirming their most wished for results--but had to content themselves that Bush would have won the election no matter how the votes in Florida were recounted? It's understandable that you may not have gotten this news. The MSM were loathe to print it or give it air time, but they had to because they had made such a big deal of going to Florida to learn the truth.

As far as lying about the intelligence to go to war, the major nations of the world had the same intelligence that Bush had; and, long before Bush became president, your boy, Clinton, agreed with the assessment. Clinton's Director of the CIA, George Tenant, presented the same Iraq intelligence reports to Bush that he had presented to Clinton. Saddam DID have WMD. He had used them on this own people, so it was entirely reasonable for the world's top intelligence agencies to believe that Saddam was a major threat in this regard.

Bush's job approval ratings fell because the Administration let the liberal lies and propaganda go unchallenged. "Delusional conservatives" were the ones beating the drum to not let the lies and propaganda go unchallenged. The Administration is finally following the advice of the "delusional conservatives", and things are rapidly improving for them. Guess you are still holding on to the old poll numbers to support your fantasy.

Hagbard Celine said:
You're one to talk...President W's first term was made possible by Judicial fiat. The Iraq war was made possible by the administration using any lie they needed to get their way. And the only reason Bush's job approval ratings are still as high as 37 percent, is because delusional conservatives like you have convinced themselves that his policies here and abroad are still doing just swell! But I don't have to tell you that because you're soooooooooo smart!

what kind of guy cant read?

Uh, did you hear of the vote today??? hahhaha, yea, policies abroad arent going well at all, eh HAGGI?

Hagbard Celine said:
You're one to talk...President W's first term was made possible by Judicial fiat.

I love it when liberals bring up the first election and the court ruling. Somehow I doubt libs would be whinning about the decision if it had gone in their favor. And they never want to admit that no matter how you counted the ballots in Florida....Bush won. :usa:

What kind of guy calls himself Celine? :tng:

theHawk said:
I love it when liberals bring up the first election and the court ruling. Somehow I doubt libs would be whinning about the decision if it had gone in their favor. And they never want to admit that no matter how you counted the ballots in Florida....Bush won. :usa: ::

Opppppppppppppps forgot about that one!

theHawk said:
What kind of guy calls himself Celine? :tng:

hahahha, yea, and HAGBARD,,,WTF is that?? am I missing something?

Forum List

Back