Hillary within 6 in Texas

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Yes, Texas

The state Romney won by 16 percent, the last bastion of the Republican party that gives them an outside chance of reaching 270

Trump Leads By Only 6 in Texas

Still two and a half months from the election, but if Hillary can put Texas in play she can destroy the Republican strategy in taking Congress and break up the solid south

Already, Virginia, NC and Georgia are in her column (Florida too), taking Texas would be a major catastrophe for Republicans

x

Clinton isn’t going to win Texas – or Georgia, or North Carolina, for that matter.

But that she’s close in the polls in these states illustrates how much in trouble the Trump ‘campaign’ is, and that Trump won’t flip the many blue states he needs to win.

Given Trump's recent moves, this is a possibility. A long chance, but still a possibility.

It should take 20 years for Texas to start to turn blue. At 6%, Texas is almost in swing state range

Republicans can thank Trump. I think all bets are off with Trump. If it becomes painfully obvious that Trump is going to be humiliated in November, those on the Trump bandwagon will jump off in droves

A state like Texas could fall

Hillary wins? Already casting votes, huh? Why WAIT - voter fraud NOW! :p

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample MoE Clinton (D) Trump (R) Spread
RCP Average 7/29 - 8/17 -- -- 43.3 43.0 Clinton +0.3
FOX 5 Atlanta* 8/17 - 8/17 730 LV 3.6 43 43 Tie
CBS News/YouGov* 8/10 - 8/12 990 LV 4.3 41 45 Trump +4
Gravis 8/4 - 8/8 1604 RV 2.5 44 45 Trump +1
JMC Analytics* 8/6 - 8/7 615 LV 4.0 44 37 Clinton +7
Atlanta Journal-Constitution 8/1 - 8/4 847 RV 4.0 44 40 Clinton +4
WSB-TV/Landmark* 7/31 - 7/31 787 LV 4.0 45 45 Tie
WXIA-TV/SurveyUSA* 7/29 - 7/31 628 LV 4.0 42 46 Trump +4

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Georgia: Trump vs. Clinton

Could go either way.

Polling Data
RCP Average 6/21 - 8/10 -- -- 45.3 43.3 Clinton +2.0
NBC/WSJ/Marist 8/4 - 8/10 921 RV 3.2 48 39 Clinton +9
PPP (D) 8/5 - 8/7 830 LV 3.4 47 46 Clinton +1
Civitas/SurveyUSA* 7/31 - 8/2 400 LV 5.0 42 46 Trump +4
CBS News/YouGov 6/21 - 6/24 988 LV 4.0 44 42 Clinton +2
All North Carolina: Trump vs. Clinton Polling Data

A good chance for Clinton in North Carolina.

Romney took NC in 2012, but Obama won in 2008

Can Trump win NC? It will be tough

RCP Average 6/21 - 8/10 -- -- 45.3 43.3 Clinton +2.0
NBC/WSJ/Marist 8/4 - 8/10 921 RV 3.2 48 39 Clinton +9
PPP (D) 8/5 - 8/7 830 LV 3.4 47 46 Clinton +1
Civitas/SurveyUSA* 7/31 - 8/2 400 LV 5.0 42 46 Trump +4
CBS News/YouGov 6/21 - 6/24 988 LV 4.0 44 42 Clinton +2
All North Carolina: Trump vs. Clinton Polling Data
A good chance for Clinton in North Carolina.
Romney took NC in 2012, but Obama won in 2008. Can Trump win NC? It will be tough
No one expected Obama to take Indiana in '08, so why not Hillary in Texas?

Let's get today's RCP up here.

Election 2016 Clinton Trump Spread
RCP Poll Average 47.2 41.2 Clinton +6.0
4-Way RCP Average 42.6 37.1 Clinton +5.5
bg_election_2010_trend_down_dem.gif

Favorability Ratings -11.5 -29.2 Clinton +17.7
Betting Odds 79.0 21.0

I don't think HRC can take Tx, but she is up by only six, according to the poll.

If that margin continues, Trump is going to have put scarce resources and assets into Texas.

I don't think HRC can take Tx, but she is up by only six, according to the poll. If that margin continues, Trump is going to have put scarce resources and assets into Texas.
I really don't get his campaign. He needs to defend GA and TX, so he goes to CT!

I don't think HRC can take Tx, but she is up by only six, according to the poll.

If that margin continues, Trump is going to have put scarce resources and assets into Texas.

I think if Hillary gets within 5% she should make a run at Texas.

Trumps ground game is ridiculously inept. He doesn't have the organization to get boots on the ground and get out the vote. Normally, a Presidential candidate could rely on existing Republican infrastructure to do that. But I don't see Bush Republicans or Cruz Republicans lifting a finger for Trump

Even if she does not end up winning Texas, she could steal some Congressional seats

Given Trump's recent moves, this is a possibility. A long chance, but still a possibility.

It should take 20 years for Texas to start to turn blue. At 6%, Texas is almost in swing state range

Republicans can thank Trump. I think all bets are off with Trump. If it becomes painfully obvious that Trump is going to be humiliated in November, those on the Trump bandwagon will jump off in droves

A state like Texas could fall

If it happens how many of Trump voters will be squealing about it and let me tell you that one Moderator will be ignoring for awhile because I have said a few times Texas might fall!

Trumps ground game is ridiculously inept. He doesn't have the organization to get boots on the ground and get out the vote. Normally, a Presidential candidate could rely on existing Republican infrastructure to do that. But I don't see Bush Republicans or Cruz Republicans lifting a finger for Trump

Even if she does not end up winning Texas, she could steal some Congressional seats

House seats here will stay solid red...

Yes, Texas

The state Romney won by 16 percent, the last bastion of the Republican party that gives them an outside chance of reaching 270

Trump Leads By Only 6 in Texas

Still two and a half months from the election, but if Hillary can put Texas in play she can destroy the Republican strategy in taking Congress and break up the solid south

Already, Virginia, NC and Georgia are in her column (Florida too), taking Texas would be a major catastrophe for Republicans

x

BWHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I KNOW with no reservations that the polls are fixed.......I am a Texan and we wouldn't elect a Clinton even at a gun pointed at our heads.....total 100percent BULLSHIT!

House seats here will stay solid red...

I assume most are gerrymandered and safe. But there may be some low hanging fruit where if Hillary gets a concerted effort to get out the Hispanic vote she could steal a few seats

Forum List

Back