Hillary says she expects "half a billion solar panels"....

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
There's at least a half a billion solar calculators and watches already. Goal achieved!

She must have an inside deal with a bankrupt solar company... I guess we can now funnel a $1,000,000,000,000 into this black hole. The idiocy of the left knows no bounds.

Its like I keep sayin. Nevada should be turned into a giant solar thermal collector. Most of Nevada is already owned by the guvmint.

110 thousand square miles of parabolic troughs powering the entire nation. Let's do this!

To get the GOP vote, Clive Bundy could ride herd on welfare negroes to keep the mirrors polished.

To be installed by the end of her 'first' term....
Hillary Clinton pledges half a billion solar panels for US if she wins office US news The Guardian
This woman is out to lunch...
I have a question for Mrs Clinton.....
Mrs Clinton......Who is going to pay this and from where do they get the money?
Are you going to reinstate the tax credit for installing a renewable energy device?...
The answers?...."no" and "no"
I'd be happy with 100 million. Long overdue. Free power, what's not to like...

Hillary Clinton pledges half a billion solar panels for US if she wins office US news The Guardian
Are you going to reinstate the tax credit for installing a renewable energy device?...
Free power? I had no idea solar panels grew on trees!

Not exactly free

The cost and maintence of solar panels has to be considered.

It is NOT free.
The avg cost of a 5,000 watt solar system which is the bare minimum to keep the avg home going and that is provided the owner does not have any devices such as hot tubs or a large capacity storage freezer or more than 10k BTU air conditioner.....The cost is $25,000 to $30,000.......
The so called free electricity will not be free for some 30 years. Plus the real estate market would take at least 5-10 years to absorb the added value of the system. Meaning, the homeowner would not get his investment out of the sale of the property for at least 5 years.
So you may now explain how this is "free"....

BTW genius...If the system for whatever reason goes down and is not covered by homeowners insurance, the cost to repair at this point would be prohibitive.

In fact, solar technology has to improve in order to make it comparable to existing energy sources like natural gas plants(probably the best of both worlds)

However, you can teach the basics of solar tech science to middle school kids. So there is a lot of potential for improvement over a short period of time.

Its like I keep sayin. Nevada should be turned into a giant solar thermal collector. Most of Nevada is already owned by the guvmint.

110 thousand square miles of parabolic troughs powering the entire nation. Let's do this!

To get the GOP vote, Clive Bundy could ride herd on welfare negroes to keep the mirrors polished.

No, we can't do that, we might disturb the habitat of some lizard or desert plant.

But on a serious note. where do you think the power comes from to melt the silicon to make solar panels? go ahead, venture a guess.

then for your second guess tell us what the energy return is per dollar spent on solar panels.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully in favor of solar power, but lets not pretend that its free.

BTW genius...If the system for whatever reason goes down and is not covered by homeowners insurance, the cost to repair at this point would be prohibitive.
No new technology is without issues. With your mentality we'd still be riding in wagons pulled by horses.

It is NOT free.
The avg cost of a 5,000 watt solar system which is the bare minimum to keep the avg home going and that is provided the owner does not have any devices such as hot tubs or a large capacity storage freezer or more than 10k BTU air conditioner.....The cost is $25,000 to $30,000.......
The so called free electricity will not be free for some 30 years. Plus the real estate market would take at least 5-10 years to absorb the added value of the system. Meaning, the homeowner would not get his investment out of the sale of the property for at least 5 years.
I understand ROI. Try again.

Says the asshole that thinks taxes is evil and believes we should go back to the pre-constitution..

Goddamn you loserterians are dumb!

1. Just like we do for our roads, bridges, grants & subsides for nuclear, oil, coal, etc..And tons of other science institutions that help make us a first world nation = taxes.

No, we can't do that, we might disturb the habitat of some lizard or desert plant.

But on a serious note. where do you think the power comes from to melt the silicon to make solar panels? go ahead, venture a guess.

then for your second guess tell us what the energy return is per dollar spent on solar panels.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully in favor of solar power, but lets not pretend that its free.
I never said solar power was free. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

And you are confusing solar panels with thermal collectors.

It is NOT free.

Child, our roads, police, science institutions or our clean water isn't free either. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do it.

I never said solar power was free. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

And you are confusing solar panels with thermal collectors.

No, are you? the envirowackos killed a solar panel farm in California because it might disturb the habitat of a lizard.

Forum List

Back